ANTIGRAV

Conversion thread! what've you got going on?

3,157 posts in this topic

alright guys, since i don't see anything like this up, i'm gonna make a thread of my own.

as more of a modeler than a painter, i have many little projects scattered around my desk that i never post because of a lack of paint, and i know i'm not the only one. this ends today.

this is a conversion thread. post your converted models on here. i don't care about the make. any company is welcome as long as it looks cool. (though mods might want you to include infinity somewhere in your post)

i don't care about the subtlety, take anything from an armswap to a whole custom figure made from anything you can imagine.

i don't care about the level of completion. as long as you've started that's all i care.

start posting, i'll be posting a few of my own thoughout the morning.

I just knew that with a little more work AT-43 models could be something special. Good job!

I just knew that with a little more work AT-43 models could be something special. Good job!

thanks man! wait till you see it painted!

therians_wraith_golgoth_2_by_RazielLycas.jpg

as it is supposed to be a still-functioning russian relic (about 40 years old, left outside a military base). i plan to add some soviet decals (also weathered) and some GW Tau decals (which in all honesty, look like russian).

Oh shit bitch, that looks rad as hell.

I'd check out getting some genuine Russian decals though, it'd look better than Tau ones. :) (Or alternatively, Battletech ones!)

that one isn't mine (in case there was any confusion) i'm just basing it off the same scheme to get you the idea of what i'm planning on doing.

you can see his forum post here: http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=15433 and read how he did it.

so seriously people, you've GOTTA have some conversions to show off. this ain't just my thread.

Oh, I will add a few characters, later. I'm away from my minis until August.

I'll have some for ya tonight. I'm sitting my sisters crib midgets and they have'nt learnd the those are not kiddy toys lessons yet so my hobby room is dogged down at the moment.

a few months ago i did two bakunin nomads conversions [as i will post in my miniature thread only finished miniatures, this is perfect for showing them before i finished them :D]:

Prowler with Boarding Shotgun

DSC05669.jpg

SinEater with Spitfire

DSC05668.jpg

along with this, i am building a zero with boarding shotgun from a second zero with e/malúler, but unfortunately my normal zero's muzzle flash fell off his combi rifle, so i have now 2 zeros /boardingshotgun, but no normal zero anymore :D.

additional, i have many 40k conversions; chaos marines reloading their machine cannons; chaos generals; 40k imperial army converted to mutants, such stuff, but i do not have good pictures of them. maybe some time later ...

In the order the photos appear

Wu Ming with HMG:

Oniwaban with powered armor legs:

Maghariba with minigun:

No Helmetless Trash:

Salamander TAG Standing Up:

Two handed Grip Guijia 1:

Two handed Grip Guijia 2:

Two handed Grip Guijia 3:

Tiger Soldier with larger HMG:

Sniper Ninja:

WUMINGHMG002.jpg

ONIWABANWIP002.jpg

MAGARHIBAWIP001.jpg

HELMETLESSTRASH001.jpg

SALLY001.jpg

DSC_1740.jpg

DSCN0459.jpg

DSCN0450.jpg

MANDOWNSUPPRESSFIRE.jpg

NINJASNIPER.jpg

freaking cool stuff. i especially like the maghariba guard with that minigun (i've got a gatling fetish)

My only conversions have been a Ragik into a Farzan (leaving off the wings, so I don't count him!), and the following Hunzakut...even if I've yet to have the Hunzakut actually work out on the battlefield...

hunzakutgs.jpg

To all you guys who have posted thus far on this thread some really nice conversion work! Keep up the good work.

Fuck yeah! I am a big fan of sucker punch visuals. Blue Oni is rocking too.

Some nice looking conversions going on here! :D

@ picken: for a ''real'' nomad shotgun, you have to cut a little more...

like this:

img1269f.jpg

Blue Oni

DSCF3757ca.jpg

These Guys:

SuckerPunch.jpg

DSCF3587ca.jpg

DSCF3612ca.jpg

DSCF3616ca.jpg

Do they get -3 for low-viz when shooting? :)

I've just got some basic arm swaps underway so far.

Sorry for the massive flash, only had the phone's camera accessible.

Highlander+Grey+Rifle.jpg

Highlander+Grey+Shotguns.jpg

Mormaer.jpg

quick update! i worked on it for a few hours today and i think the results are pretty good. still have a few more things to add, but i'm liking where it's headed. please note the faded decals:

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

that is awsome... Are you gonna make stats for it...beacuse i think you could use the mauhgbara(spelling?) stats perfectly.

once agin efin awsome

Do they get -3 for low-viz when shooting? :)

Only if they get +6 for badassness.

that is awsome... Are you gonna make stats for it...beacuse i think you could use the mauhgbara(spelling?) stats perfectly.

once agin efin awsome

it's actually for an infinity-inspired RPG, but i suppose it could be used for a russian sectorial...

anyway, the story behind it is this: it's a Russian AI controlled multiped tank called the "MDT вершиной хищников" (vershinoĭ khishchnikov), translation being "Apex Predator", known so for it's legendary battlefield effectiveness against ground troops. during the Second Cold War (2045), these were deployed en mass against Alaskan Republic after their break from the other 49 states. this was an oppertunity the New Soviet Union saw to expand their territory. the NSU was eventually beaten back by Canadian troops under the condition that the fledgling country would agree to become one of it's territories.

the multiped was widely used in forested areas thanks to it's design. it is armed with a 50 .cal vulcan cannon and a rapid fire grenade launcher, along with back mounted arcing rocket launchers, allowing it to lock and fire onto anything between 1 and 200 meters. the AI controlling it is a simple one, about as advanced as our current Predator drones, only capable of identifying enemy and friendly targets through it's sensor arrays and being able to move through rough terrain with ease.

this particular unit was left behind in a permanent military base by NSU troops after a Canadian advance. reactivated 35 years later by the players while exploring said base.

enough info for ya? :D

.....wipes drool*... let me know when you get this game up and running I soooo wanna buy a copy!

it's just a homebrew at the moment, still gotta write the rules. but it works a lot like infinity (with GitS and MGS in it's feel) but with d100 rather than d20s. i plan to release it for free once finished.