Bookkeeper

Question on District 5 Buildings

11 posts in this topic

Can you join 2 or three district fives horisontally getting rid of the (Now) internal walls or are the external walls not able to line up without significant trimming

Basically I want to build a command center and some hab units and have them look consistant, and while the district 5 appartment split into 3 buildings look like they will be great for the hab units with a internal wall add on pack and an extra roof sheet,

I want to do the command center with 3 of them side by side (if a normal apartmenet is 1x2, I want a 2x3) obviously I can reinforce the roof to make it one section with some trimming but I am not sure about the external walls. Alternativley if two L buildings can be joined horizontally that could work too. (I want single story)

Also Anyone know when the new tokens will be released, as I would prefer a single order.

One thing you could do is align the doors and scratch build short tunnels to join together the three buildings.

[ ] [ ] [ ]

[ ] =[ ] = [ ]

[ ] [ ] [ ]

One thing you could do is align the doors and scratch build short tunnels to join together the three buildings.

Unfortunately that will not work with my plans for the interior as I want two floor to ceiling maps, with a large boardroom table in the middle, and computer work stations around the edge (bit like the command centre in some of the scenes of avatar I think (its been a few years so memory may be hazy)) but in essence I want the large footprint.

(I meant to say the floor to cealing maps where transparent and free standing so you could walk both sides, more like the holoboards MAS sells)

There are two tabs on the long sides of the floor panels that you would have to cut off in order to make larger continuous sections.

I'm not sure why I can't edit the previous post, but I wanted to edit it to add:

My answer is from the rectangular apartment floors, which have two tabs on the long sides and one tab on the short sides to fit into the walls. I assume the L-shaped floors are going to have similar tabs. The wall sections themselves shouldn't pose any problem, just the tabs that the floors use to slot into the walls.

Thats why I ended up with two posts,

Sounds like it could be a runner, as I will probably do an additional floor overlay anyway, Now I just need The Tin to place an order for me.

Hi! Arranging the walls of the District 5 series in this way should be possible without too much modellins or cutting.

In the new L-building we added bits especially designed for connecting walls in different angles, we're also planning on releasing a separate bits pack like this, but ETA on it is currently unknown.

The problem you might have will be the floor panels, which might prove difficult to fit to more wacky wall combinations.

Still, i've attached some ideas and samples of what can be done using the District 5 range plus the soon-to-be-released Objective Building. Note, that there was some minor cutting required here and there.

post-18914-13534235286363_thumb.jpg

post-18914-13534235286775_thumb.jpg

That looks really good, that big panel looks godsend.

They do look pretty damn awesome :) especially as big buildings like the one on the left!

As I said in the main MAS release thread, looks like you may have solved my problem, provided I can get them to australia and painted by the 15th or so of November (24th is the tournament and I need a few days to be ) If the rumours of the book being released this friday (on the spanish forums) are true I wonder if we will also get the new markers/3d objectives released as well at the end of this month.