Strange(r)

Sneak Preview of new Hardfoam Terrain on Magabotato

18 posts in this topic

Hi, all!

Just saw this at magabotato.de and thought I'd share it with you.

"Sneak preview of our new Hard Foam terrain (On the photo you can see resin prototype) We're preparing a whole range of such buildings. You can expect even some modular ones. (Micro Art Studio)"

MAS2.JPG

Looks really nice and might be available at the SPIEL in Essen (Germany)

Enjoy! :D

What can I say but WOW! We are really getting spoiled with an excellent variety of terrain.

Wow, very cool. Make for a characterful centerpiece for an installation, able to really break up lines of fire.

Amazing details, but, if you accept some critics:

- not very elegant, from an architectural point of view

- round corners make for hard to figure cover/LoS

- not many cover positions (see CNC Workshop for buildings with lots of cover positions)

I hope that you are still in a project phase where you can modify something.

I might be a spoiled type, but I see little purpose in Infinity building your miniatures cannot enter. If it is bigger than an iKube, you should be able to maneuver your minis inside. If it looks like it has more than one negotiable opening (doors, windows, hatches) it definitely should be accessible.

Hard foam buildings don't seem to permit that.

Nice design, but I quote michel:

- round corners make for hard to figure cover/LoS

- not many cover positions

but I'll wait to see the whole range ;)

Hi,

This is not designed specifically for Infinity but rather for 40k and similar systems. A piece or two may be used for Infinity but this is not its main role. We wanted to create tech-looking hills instead of boring GW ones.

Regards

Jan

Hi,

This is not designed specifically for Infinity but rather for 40k and similar systems. A piece or two may be used for Infinity but this is not its main role. We wanted to create tech-looking hills instead of boring GW ones.

Regards

Jan

Ah, that changes the perspective.

Yes, the 40K crowd should like it. Take in mind that most hills are accessible for at least infantry, if not vehicles - some ramp or stairs, or at least a couple of ladders should be a part of this construct, I belive.

Errhile, don't forget plain los blockers - sometimes you don't want infantry/vehicles to access a hill.

...This is not designed specifically for Infinity but rather for 40k and similar systems...

How can you say that!?! C'mon man, I mean I can see the hex pattern on the roof. :unsure:

I can still see it being useful for Infinity, either place models on the roof for positioning (with a counter to show that they're at ground level) or have a floorplan next to the table.

If the prices are good I'd be happy to have pieces like this in my collection and use a floorplan sheet nearby if we need to go inside the thing (which we may not use every game anyhow).

I like it. Some times its useful just to brake up the board, whatever the system!

Will get one. . . If the price is right! ;)

Their other hardfoam terrain is pretty cheap, so I expect something this size will be in the 20 pound range.

Sorry to say that, but for 40k you missed the core aesthetic, it looks elegant and high tech to fit in the aesthetic of their grimdark creation (well in rogue trader era it would look stellar) now, I think they will look good for Infinity, every table needs a few fillers, non interactive terrain, to flesh it out.

What hardfoam will you use, I have hardfoam terrain from you, from two different types and they are as comparable as day and night are, one rigid and firm, the other is damaged too easy.

I still think its useful regardless...you can always just say the building is locked and neaither side has access, easy fluff cover up for non enterable building. ;)

Looks great detail wise I say. Id be interested in a range of those.

i can see this with a roof top bar/restaurant on top with perspex railings all round with some stairs leading up to it to create a more multi level gaming experience.