BrandonKF

December 2012 Speculation Thread...

692 posts in this topic

And please note that it is not the end of the world. Thank you. :)

In other news... the masses of Morat players are chanting "Raicho... Raicho... Raicho..."

I noticed recently while watching the making of the movie Avatar just what went into the creation of clay composites for the models of the CG characters, and got to thinking that the rumblings of the community might be a little overzealous. Not too overzealous, but just a mite.

Looking back on my own experience, the few craftsmen (I consider them craftsmen because designing these models must be a pain-staking and time-consuming process in itself) who do this sort of modeling have to be stretched rather thin, so while I am interested to see the Raicho myself, I also admit to being a tad interested to see every model come out. Still, patience, as they say, is a virtue, and I am quite pleased with what I have currently in my own humble residence.

So, without further ado, how do you feel things will shape up for Corvus Belli in the month of December?

God bless, all!

-Brandon F.

RAICHO.

Scots Guard single blister (Missile Launcher or Molotok).

Asuka Kisaragi.

Sekban.

Gao-Tarsos.

Atalanta.

Those are my predictions. I'd say Oznat if we didn't know the Raicho was coming out almost-for-sure.

Those are my predictions.

Going along the well known guidelines...

November had:

- Haqq / Hassassins

- Aleph

- Ariadna

- Tohaa

- Ariadna

- Merc / Qapu Khalqi

- Yu Jing

Which means the PanO and Cobined were skipped. So, next month I'd expect:

- Combined Army: Raicho.

- something for PanO (for they were skipped)

- something for Ariadna (USAriadna, as it was foretold by Bostria)

- something for Tohaa (they are the new kids, they will see increased nymber of released to make it up with the estabilished factions)

- something for Aleph (they got the new Sectorial, which also has to get up to strength).

That makes for 5 releases. Which was the standard for a long time.

Now, if the CB aren't going to make the increased number of releases a rule rather than an exception, that would be about it.

My starting guess: Kamaul Box (But I'd rather see Kumotail+Chaksas "maybe" box first), Barid, rocket laucher Raiden and Raicho.

USAriadna is not coming yet, 4th book soon™.

Yeah, I don't think that Ariadna is going to get some brand-new USAriadna model when there are lots of unreleased models from Paradiso. I just think Bostria was hinting at the next big thing for the faction.

Sure, PanO was skipped, but PanO doesn't need anything... ;)

Oh, hee-hee, you jest, Penemue. I desire to see Tony and her Tikbalang buddy, along with the Seraph. ;)

-Brandon F.

Both are tremendously unimportant. Tremendously. Especially Toni.

Give the little guys their due, silly PanO. ;) You already have the Cutter...

The sweetest victory would be if they got Stephen Rao instead. And the Raicho came out, followed by the Gorgos, followed by the Iguana...

The sweetest victory would be if they got Stephen Rao instead. And the Raicho came out, followed by the Gorgos, followed by the Iguana...

You act as if I wouldn't take the Lieutenant any given day and twice on Sunday! :D

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some Ariadnan units. But if they put out the Iguana, I wonder if it will look as 'old' and 'clunky' as they make them out to be... hmm...

-Brandon F.

Note: This Iguana is not the Chatterbox of Heavy Gear. :P

I think Bostria was referring to the fact that majority of users here are from US, so don't expect any new units.

Any new Tohaa release would be good, i'm in desperate need of proxy's.

Just a note, Bostria was wishing happy thanksgiving, not announcing units :-)

Very kind of him. :) May God bless him and his own. And all the rest of you as well. I know I'm a little late, but on this Thanksgiving I have much to be thankful for, and I pray blessings for you all as well in the coming year.

Now... -whispers- What about Toni?

-Brandon F.

Raicho AND oznat just to forgive that they are so so so bad...

And because morat doesn't have love for a year..

Another box of old realease for an army or a wildcat box

gao tardos for tohaa

else does'nt matter to me (exept IF there is another TAG)

oh, just dreaming of a full box month for Xmas

You're making the assumption that there aren't any sectorial players.Neither Acontecimento, NeoTerra or Military Orders can field the Cutter, so your crying over the Cutter is really irrelevant for what sculpts would be good for many players.

My predictions are:

- Combined Army: RAICHO (if ready)

- PanO: SOMETHING, most likely for Acontecimento. Toni Macayana would be awesome, but that would make for a double TAG month, so we'll probably see Singh or Rao,

- Ariadna: NOTHING,

- Haqqislam: KAPLAN box? Cool, but two boxes in the same month? A SEKBAN seems most likely,

- Nomads: NOTHING, but I forsee a nice box coming for Corregidor in the near future,

- Tohaa: SOMETHING,

- Aleph: SOMETHING,

- YuJing: NOTHING.

Dear Penemue, the Tikbalang is FUNDAMENTAL in an Acontecimento sectorial list, EXPECIALLY Toni, and expecially in a 300 pts tournament.

I play Acontecimento in the Italian ITS circuit, and I hope you can accept my opinion as valuable.

That said, you'll have your "sweetest victory", as I think that "silly PanO" will get Rao, exactly as you hope. ;)

cheers

Toni/Normal Tikbalang set would be realy nice as i agree that he is fundamental for ASA as was said here.

Acording to Stephan Rao the Indigo with the helm works well for now.

Morat players: "Raicho... Raicho... Raicho..."

PanO players: "Toni... Toni... Toni..."

Poor guy casting the suckers: "... you're all pains in the darkest parts of my ***."

-Brandon F.

As a Haqq player I hope we do not get a Kaplan box but instead see them as part of a QK starter box sometime in the future (not December). That way we could get some good Kaplans, Spitfire Azra'il a Bashi Bazuok and something else all in one go and then be content as a federally funded conglomerate PMC.

My hopes for December are:

Combined Raicho. If no Raicho they should either get Oznat or Raktorak.

Another Tohaa thing, I honestly don't care.

PanO could use something either Rao or Combi Hexa, Multi Swiss... any number of things (sadly no TAG since the Raicho really should be coming out).

ALEPH could use another character or the Thorikitai Sergeant

Other than that would be me wishlisting.

The great thing about the Kaplan's for the possibility of a QK starter set is the problem with Neo Terrans not getting anything new in Paradiso. Right now there is no way there will be a Neoterran starter set. That's just an issue in that if CB wants to move towards more boxes it would have helped with Neo Terrans as well I think with their sales of NT.

There's a lot of sculpts to get through... we had the Spec Ops, the Tohaa starter, the Steel Phalanx starter and the Raicho and Corregidor starter coming up. CB are struggling to meet sales demand as it is.

mmmm....hard month!

-Tohaa Makaul box /Chaksa blister: tohaa need some more minis in their lineup, right now out of 4 entries only the starter and the gao-rael (and under certain circumstances the Delegate) are fully playable in any game(since the Spec-Op and the Delegate have particular rules Campaign oriented) for a grand total of 5-6 units. knowing right now if the Tohaa rem-equivalent are on a 40 mm base or a normal one will help.

-Raiden. 'nuff said.

-sekban/barid

-PanO Neoterra starter,pwetty pwease?

-the big metal monkey.

So, Toni Macayana is the new Raicho then... are we all agree about that?

Because if we focus all our efforts in whining about it, CB will deliver.

My bet, December 2012:

- Raicho.

- Hospitalier Knight with HMG.

- Sekban with HRL.

- Riot Grrls box.

- Pentesilea.

- Gao Tarsos.

Nomad don't get any box since the morlock in january 2012 and since one year we just get blisters of one mini ... or nothing . I hope Jarreth was right when he said in the november speculation thread we maybe get the new Corregidor Stater box before the end of 2012 or I'll be crazy :_crying__rvmp_by_bad_blood: