BrandonKF

December 2012 Speculation Thread...

692 posts in this topic

Maybe it's the angle but imho they are going overboard with this gun miniaturization. I could get behind mini-combis, but shrinking SWC heavy weapons doesn't feel right to me.

The Raicho gun is demanding a lot of metal..they had to cut corners with the other new minis :)

But totally agree, dont shrink the guns CB. Still hate the tiny vortex toy combi.

on prancer, on dancer....ufff - much too dancy mr.twinkletoes....and the HMG looks too small (and I am a fan of the smaller combis and chain rifles).

The model looks really cool, but I'll agree that this weapon shrinkage is out of control! Let's decide on a freakin' scale here! The Vortex combi is unusable, and there are some wild variations in weapon scales especially in Chain rifles and Adhesive launchers. I like the current dominate scale and do not see a need for any shrinkage.

I like the smaller gun in proportion to the model carrying it. However, I think that T.A.G.s and the like (i.e. with really big guns) should get a little something rules wise to explain why their guns are so much bigger. Please note that "should" in the last sentence is simply an appeal towards consistency and realism not a belief that this is an issue that needs official attention in any way. Maybe I'll play around with house rules for a T(ag)MHMG to sate my desire for appropriately-damaging-guns-bigger-than-people-in-power armor.

I'm all for smaller, more realistic scale weapons, but the pose is pretty wonky. There isn't enough forward motion to be running so...jumping dodge? I dunno. It just can't stand up to comparison with the Crusader and Sepulchre Knight.

I want to remove the gun and sword, give him jazz hands and make a diorama with the title "AAAAAIIIEEEEEEEE! A SPIDER!!!!!" with a tiny little spider underneath him.

It's only appropriate, amirite, fellas? :D

I want to remove the gun and sword, give him jazz hands and make a diorama with the title "AAAAAIIIEEEEEEEE! A SPIDER!!!!!" with a tiny little spider underneath him.

Or River Dance?

Cool, looks good. And I think that's the lady knight everyone wanted, no?

Cool, looks good. And I think that's the lady knight everyone wanted, no?

I think its a male knight. But he is more filigree in comparison to the old one.

Yeah the new one looks similar in proportion to de Fersen, so I would guess male too. Also no sign of armored T&A due to the tabard.

EDIT: Having seen a side view, I think the pose could be fixed by leaning the model forward by about 10-20 degrees, to look like it's charging. Doesn't help the sword position though.

I really dig the new scale of weapons. I'd say that model is awesome from the waist up. The legs leave a bit to be desired, in their standard PanO pose (I immediately thought of Regulars when I saw his legs), and they don't make the most stable of firing positions...

Anyways, I really like it. Keep it up!

Yeah, it look more like he's side stepping rather tha running.

Wow, not doing it for me at all. I think the sculpt is not giving the hmg the respect it deserves. Nor the longsword, for that matter.

Oh well.

Put a Trauma Doc in front of him. ;)

so why do exactly tags carry 1 big HMG? I mean,looking at this small one,tag could just have at least 5 of those wrapped together instead of his big one,and guess what, it would do exactly same dmg,except he would have 5x times firepower...just makes no sense,if you want to carry something big,at least make it count. He could literally have -> autocanon meets HMG,and they have baby,and baby is feed with steroids! Yea,this is what I would give to my tag.

About knight,hand holding sword just looks kinda silly tbh. and pose is,I am jumping on my toes,because I am eager to get in battle,or floor is hot,lol

so why do exactly tags carry 1 big HMG? I mean,looking at this small one,tag could just have at least 5 of those wrapped together instead of his big one,and guess what, it would do exactly same dmg,except he would have 5x times firepower...just makes no sense,if you want to carry something big,at least make it count. He could literally have -> autocanon meets HMG,and they have baby,and baby is feed with steroids! Yea,this is what I would give to my tag.

If they made TAGs any deadlier they would be hard to balance, and cries about "ramboing" would drown the forum. If they made TAGs' HMGs infantry sized, they would look silly. There is no easy solution to this that I can see.

However releasing two models together, with same wepon where one example is unexpectedly OMFG huge and another is unexpectedly tiny, really doesn't help me with delibaratly ignoring the issue either.

I don't mind small combis - imho makes troopers look more like spec ops - less like frontline army - which I find fitting. But I believe *heavy* weapons should stay heavy.

the HMG actually looks a lot like the artwork for the tohaa vulcan shotgun than a HMG to me!

Really if it was labled shotgun I would love it.

Yeah, at an initial glance I had thought that was a Combi.

...he's cautious moving... Or tiptoeing through the tulips

Oh God, Tiny Tim's voice in my head! Make it stop, make it stop!

AND now everyone knows how carefull movement of HI looks like

Yeah the new one looks similar in proportion to de Fersen, so I would guess male too. Also no sign of armored T&A due to the tabard.

EDIT: Having seen a side view, I think the pose could be fixed by leaning the model forward by about 10-20 degrees, to look like it's charging. Doesn't help the sword position though.

For the sword position, just swing the arm backwards slightly at a cant. Or, if you want to make it look like he is dodging, cant his torso to the right or left (preferably in my humble opinion left, since he would need to step in the direction that would allow him to swing the weapon onto a target), then tweak the sword position as before, either forward (to make it appear as if he is readying to parry) or backward (to get his arm clear of the barrel).

My thoughts on it... it's nice.

-Brandon F.

-Brandon F.

I like the more realistically scaled weapon. I always thought the PanO HMG was just way too big.I like the pose as well.

However releasing two models together, with same wepon where one example is unexpectedly OMFG huge and another is unexpectedly tiny, really doesn't help me with delibaratly ignoring the issue either.

Except of course they aren't the same weapon at all. Even ignoring that the Raicho carries a Multi-HGG and the Hospitaler has a regular HMG, the Raicho's weapon is the only example of this kind of alien tech we've seen. It's likely not an HMG at all, but a Morat weapon that does similar damage and is used in similar circumstances. It may also have utility and function that isn't represented in the game at all. It's an alien weapon of a different type, so it shouldn't be surprising that it's not the same size as the PanO HMG.