Lampyridae

The Crooked Grin Of Corregidor: Tactica

862 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Andre said:

very good chance of lots of wounds however

If you dodge each one only has 43/25/7 % chance of getting wounded against a Noctifer. 56/33/8 against Swiss. It's not good but not a hard counter, especially because you can be aware of existence and likely position if you are smart.

Had an interesting game of Safe Area recently. Took this:

Spoiler

logo_502.png Safe Area

GROUP 1 | orden_regular.png9  orden_irregular.png1  
sep.giflogo_5.pngINTRUDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 35)
sep.giflogo_25.pngSEÑOR MASSACRE Breaker Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0 | 29)
sep.giflogo_11.pngJAGUAR Adhesive Launcher, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 13)
sep.giflogo_11.pngJAGUAR Adhesive Launcher, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 13)
sep.giflogo_11.pngJAGUAR Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 13)
sep.giflogo_11.pngJAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
sep.giflogo_9.pngBANDIT (Forward Observer) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 23)
sep.giflogo_10.pngMORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
sep.giflogo_4.pngHELLCAT HMG, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 31)

GROUP 2 | orden_regular.png5  
sep.giflogo_21.pngSALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
sep.giflogo_17.pngTRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
sep.giflogo_17.pngTRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
sep.giflogo_18.pngTSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
sep.giflogo_4.pngHELLCAT Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 23)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points | Open in Infinity Army

against a vanilla Haqq list (combat groups probably wrong), which had been designed for Supplies:

Spoiler

logo_401.png Haqqislam

GROUP 1 | orden_regular.png10  
sep.giflogo_36.pngSALADIN Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 36)
sep.giflogo_41.pngHASSASSIN HUSAM YASBIR (Infiltration, Holoprojector L2) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW, Knife. (0 | 34)
sep.giflogo_43.pngFASID Heavy Rocket Launcher, Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 45)
sep.giflogo_32.pngFARZAN (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
sep.giflogo_11.pngTUAREG Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
sep.giflogo_1.pngGHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
sep.gifsep.giflogo_33.pngNASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
sep.giflogo_1.pngGHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
sep.gifsep.giflogo_33.pngNASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
sep.giflogo_1.pngGHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
sep.giflogo_28.pngLASIQ Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
sep.giflogo_12.pngFIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 30)

GROUP 2 | orden_irregular.png4  orden_impetuosa.png4
sep.giflogo_40.pngMUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
sep.giflogo_40.pngMUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

3.5 SWC | 300 Points | Open in Infinity Army

Massacre link performed extremely well (scary good, my makeup was CR,LSG,PF,PF leaving a PF to guard my backfield), but all I did with the ADHL Hellcat was drop her in top of turn 1 straight into cover and throw her into suppression to gun down the Mutts on their impetuous order. Turn two I dropped the Hellcat HMG to roadblock his DataTracker (one of the Ghulams) and threw it into suppression as well. The Massacre link glued or killed everything except the Mutts, which other stuff (like the Hellcats) killed, leaving only two Ghulams on the table.

Anyway, it got me thinking about taking something like 3 combi Hellcats with the explicit intent of dropping them in annoying places in cover, and then throwing them into suppression. This basically removes the problem of AD spam (and also justifies the EVO and REMs for Overclock), because I'm not doing anything with them once they land and therefore don't need anything more than 1 order/1 command token to throw them into suppression. Could even take a 4th Hellcat BSG/HMG/Spitfire to use the other Hellcats' orders on the next turn, assuming they survive.

2 hours ago, Loricus said:

If you dodge each one only has 43/25/7 % chance of getting wounded against a Noctifer. 56/33/8 against Swiss. It's not good but not a hard counter, especially because you can be aware of existence and likely position if you are smart.

Dodging is not really an option here. and being aware of it's existence and likely position is only helpful if you have a way to pull it out of hidden deployment or an alternative path that your pretty sure is going to be ok. a hidden deployment model is still doing a damn fine job if it has pinned down your 200pt linkteam and you are now spending more of your very limited  orders trying to figure out if it is even there. This thing is as close to a silver bullet counter as this game gets imo. 
However I think there is only two factions that can do it so that is something.

14 minutes ago, Andre said:

Dodging is not really an option here.

Yes it is. Why not?

Dodge, take the casualties where they come, remove the enemy with your secondary forces if the link is not an option.

If you suspect the enemy ML move so they can't hit more than 3 at once.

In the majority of games the TO ML can be eliminated or smoke/reposition link with 0-1 Brigada casualities. In 25% of games they just miss the first shot anyways.

3 minutes ago, Loricus said:

Yes it is. Why not?

Dodge, take the casualties where they come, remove the enemy with your secondary forces if the link is not an option.

In the majority of games the TO ML can be eliminated or smoke/reposition link with 0-1 Brigada casualities. In 25% of games they just miss the first shot anyways.

Only your link leader can dodge remember, the rest are just going to eat it. Yah you got a good 25-33% chance of lucking out but those are not the sort of odds that win you that tournament imo.

I mean sure with the right table setup or the right opponent faction or maybe even the right meta you can do fine with a MB pain train but I am really not feeling it and am pretty sure in most situations you can preform better with other troop selections. I kinda lump the MB link in as a win-more unit. You where probably going to win this match anyway but now you get to win even more.    

3 minutes ago, Loricus said: Yes it is. Why not?

Only your link leader can dodge remember, the rest are just going to eat it. Yah you got a good 25-33% chance of lucking out but those are not the sort of odds that win you that tournament imo.

I mean sure with the right table setup or the right opponent faction or maybe even the right meta you can do fine with a MB pain train but I am really not feeling it and am pretty sure in most situations you can preform better with other troop selections. I kinda lump the MB link in as a win-more unit. You where probably going to win this match anyway but now you get to win even more.    

No. Dodge and Reset is done by the whole link.

1 hour ago, Andre said:

:shock:
Well I will be, I now have to reevaluate a few things.

If new information makes you reevaluate things instead of coming up with a different reason you're probably one of the better players on the forum.

Does anyone had luck running Massacre on his own? Or some tactics how that can work?

10 minutes ago, McNamara said:

Does anyone had luck running Massacre on his own? Or some tactics how that can work?

I've found him good enough if you have points to spare on a low order count list. Backup counter-attacker that isn't bound to a Fireteam. He has decent firepower against light targets, great CC for killing very heavy targets, some independance from doctors due to Regen, and Eclipse suppport so your list can even smoke against MSV.

You get quite a bit in one troop and he provides support without needing support. Valuable attributes for 1 CG lists.