ChoKonnit

W Tee Eff? 0_O

6,862 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2016 at 0:30 PM, leigen_zero said:

To be fair to kickstarter, they are starting to introduce some levels of protection for backers now, so that if it's a blatant fraud you have some small chance of recovering your losses.

I've backed a number of kickstarters, all tabletop games, and to be honest I'm yet to be disappointed, even if there have been delays and such.  Just backed the yokai quest KS by kensei miniatures because I love both japanese mythology and the art style, and I really missed the boat on SDE.

fucking weeb

That's still more paid in coke than the trade-in value of that thing...

*EDIT*
Having now actually watched the video, I'd say that was the best possible outcome.

I love his ghetto roto-tiller "tractor."  That shit is hard-core.  If this guy ran a Kickstarter, I'd give him money for just about anything.

Joyous Festivus to you all

May your grievances be properly aired and your feats of strength be properly impressive

Everyone needs more scotch.

Lots more.

yes, I am drunk-posting.  For once.

2 hours ago, Section 9 said:

Everyone needs more scotch.

Lots more.

Yes I agree. All I have left is a little bit of Talisker. I have my eye on Tobermory but looking out for a good price

Wish I could but the wife's in bed and the kids are going mental... 

I didn't get much strong alcohol this year, but previously some of my less-imaginative acquaintances all got me apple Sourz so I still have 3 bottles of it.

I did, however, get a few bottles of some good-looking wanker wine (mead).

This household got 2 bottles of gin, 2 bottles of dessert wine, and 3 bottles of cider, none of which I'm allowed to open until Saturday. 

And it'll all be gone by Sunday I imagine. 

I thought, perhaps, that I should clarify...

I do like mead, though it's only recently I found where I could get a decent bottle from, but I call it "wanker wine" because the only people I know who drink it in the real world are absolute wankers.
It's like they don't drink it because they genuinely enjoy the taste, but so they can say to their other wanker friends, "Ooh, I drink mead!", thus making themselves seem more zany and impressive.

Me? I usually go for sweet stuff.

Yeah, I too go for the sweet stuff. If it's not fruity and/or lacks a tiny paper umbrella, I'm probably not interested.

It probably has something to do with the fact that I actually detest the taste of alcohol.

My friend's roommate. Trying to figure out how one person can be so utterly inconsiderate. She acts like the apartment outside of my friend's room belongs to her, uses all of my friend's things and throws a fit if her's are touched. She will move my friend's things around until she is satisfied with how things are placed, etc. She has destroyed one of my friend's waffle makers and we are pretty sure she just did it again (she uses them to make grilled cheese). There are two full trash bags, a large christmas bag filled with trash, and a big tv box sitting by the front door that have been there for two days. She and her bf (who was here the days surrounding Christmas) have left for today (and were out every day he's been here) and haven't taken them out to the dumpster. You can barely open the front door because of them. I'll be fucked if I'm going to take it out. 

When she leaves, she turns the heat off. Doesn't matter if my friend is home, if we're both here, whatever, she is leaving so the heat gets turned off. She also sets it to 62 (Fahrenheit, so 16.67c). Like...just...WtF? Our plan is to make sure my friend and I are both financially stable enough and then ask the apartment people if she can just switch apartments and I'll move in with her, because holy shit. 

I just...really want to commit a homicide and no other human being before has ever made consider if jail was actually worth it. 

My soon-to-be brother-in-law bought me a single dram of 60 year old Scotch for Christmas. No, that's not a typo. Six zero.

I guess she can keep him.

That's awesome - how was it? I once helped finish a bottle of 20 year scotch, that's the oldest I've had (it was amazing)

I have a bottle of 21yo Glenfarclas in the cabinet atm from a mate for xmas, and I got a bottle of 21yo Bushmills for my birthday from another mate.
I've never had anything older than 21 in a whiskey.   

My local bar has the 21yo Bushmills as "top shelf" stock - it's one of the reasons it's my "local".

I'm not touching it yet. I only have a single dram of it... I wanna wait for a proper occasion. The oldest I've had was a 30-something from... 1964, I think? It was when I was in Ireland a couple years ago. It was my dream to drink whiskey that was older than I am, so I was able to check that off the bucket list. Cost me something like 30 euro for one shot. Maybe 60, I don't remember very much about that night. But it was worth it. Only live once, right?

Was just reminded of this WtF, today...

Last year, wife and I were at the Download rock festival. Amongst all the other food stalls there was a place doing a hog roast, so we thought the perfect accompaniment to all the beer we were drinking would be a pack of crackling, as offered by every other hog roast stall we have ever seen.

So, wife goes off to get some.  When she asks the stallholders if they have any crackling they look at her as if she'd just asked for sliced, live cat sauteed in their children's tears.
Eventually, after a bit of convincing that she was actually serious, they gather up some of this salted gold they were intent on throwing in the bin that night and place it in a bag.
Unable to reach a price in their own minds, wife offers them £2, which they accept.

Those guys had to be out of their god-damned minds not to sell bags of crackling at a place practically swimming in beer!

Shit, if we were on the ball and the weather was a wee bit better we would have offered them £10 for all the crackling they had and then went around selling it off at £2 a bag.
That alone would have paid off the tickets.

Been a while since I had a familial WtF so where better to start in this new year than my bloody faither...

He decided to get a new car, a Mazda MX5, and seems to have rushed through the process (was even going to buy it without a test drive, the eejit) and has been fretting about his certificate of registration for his old car, a Renault Megane cabriolet (clunky piece of shit).
He'd been searching all over the place, even calling me at work in case I knew where it might be.
I heard that he'd been flying all over the place like a cartoon character trying to find it, all to no avail.
All I can guess is that he threw the damn thing out by accident in one of his alcohol-fueled bouts of inspiration when he decides he'll "tidy up a bit" by throwing everything nearby in the bin.

His main concern was how much it would cost to get the DVLA to send him a new one... £25 Great British Pounds!!

If £25 is causing so much grief, he probably shouldn't be buying a god-damned car.

And while I'm on the topic of his moments of alcoholic divine inspiration, he has done some really WtFy things in the past.

Like the time I found out he'd burned most of my packaging materials (when I still used all-recycled) because he thought he'd tidy the place up.
And when I wanted to have a "Consoles through the ages!" day for my brithday, starting with the SuperNES and working our way up to the Xbox360, and when I went to retrieve my N64 from my folks I found that he'd given the whole lot away as part of a Rotary Club charity thing.

He may have had good intentions, but it would have been nice to be asked...

IIRC he may also have done something similar to their CD collection, most of which was owned by my mother, deciding to "tidy it up" by throwing loads of it in the bin for... reasons.

Yeah I had to get a new owner's cert for me motor the last time we moved - no clue where the old one went. The annoying thing is they wanted either a cheque or a postal order for the £25. Well, my bank refuses to give me a cheque book and the postal order cost something like £4.50 on top of the £25 so I felt a bit ripped off