Shinigami

Miranda Ashcroft

93 posts in this topic

So I was using the Army Builder when I came across a profile I not seem before.

Miranda Ashcroft ABH

She has CC18 instead of CC14 and instead of Booty L2 she get ODD and I-Khol L1.

Didn't except her own profile.

So I was using the Army Builder when I came across a profile I not seem before.

Miranda Ashcroft ABH

She has CC18 instead of CC14 and instead of Booty L2 she get ODD and I-Khol L1.

Didn't except her own profile.

She is also 21 points compared to the 14 for other Authorized Bounty Hunters (20 if she takes a Boarding Shotgun instead of Combi Rifle).  And has a Nanopulser.  It's a real tempting one to take.

Aslo, what is interesting, she takes Mono CCW instead of the standard Knife of an ABH.

...but the Infinity Army remains bugged still, so nothing here for me...

Wait... I thought Miranda Ashcroft was a ABH and thus using ABH stats. So you are telling me that even with the new Miranda Ashcroft figurine, we still only have Limited Edition Max Scorpia as ITS legal (aka not a proxy) ABH unit ?

Looks like ABHs are there own individual units. Cool.

Should make a Merc company interesting.

ODD and i-Khol1, me gusta.

Don't Combi and BSG cost usually the same? 

What the hell, seriously? I thought the limited edition book figures were supposed to be things we could use as proxies, but not things we needed to use a certain profile. First, Go-Go, and the warcor profile from Pradiso, and now this. I guess if I want to use certain profiles, I'm going to have to start pre-ordering all the books that come with limited edition ug-faced models I don't actually want. :P

I really hope they release a non-LE version of her. Anyone know if that's happening? :)

Did they give her rules for the bannana?

Does this mean CB, effectively, made Vanilla armies ITS legal mercs? (Assuming we get more profiles like this and assuming she follows the bounty hunters rules for recruitment).

I guess that they noticed that non ITS legal mercs hurt their sales.

Well, yes, it's a monobanana now.

Also if this all works the way I think it works, I'm more likely to believe now that dire foes will indeed be their own troops with ITS legal profiles.

Nevermind, apparently it's just a monofilament close combat weapon. :)

Those this mean CB, effectively, made Vanilla armies ITS legal mercs? (Assuming we get more profiles like this and assuming she follows the bounty hunters rules for recruitment).

I guess that they noticed that non ITS legal mercs hurt their sales.

Well, yes, it's a monobanana now.

A limited edition, ITS legal merc. In my mind that's even worse. She's tournament legal, where the rules are that you can only proxy if there is no model. Does this mean people will be able to proxy other models as her, or those who didn't pre-order the book are  out of luck? At least her profile's not what you'd consider an auto-include. Though, I've been looking forward to mercs, and would hate to think I missed my chance to use a model, just because I didn't want to buy the art book right now.

Nevermind, apparently it's just a monofilament close combat weapon. :)

A limited edition, ITS legal merc. In my mind that's even worse. She's tournament legal, where the rules are that you can only proxy if there is no model. Does this mean people will be able to proxy other models as her, or those who didn't pre-order the book are  out of luck? At least her profile's not what you'd consider an auto-include. Though, I've been looking forward to mercs, and would hate to think I missed my chance to use a model, just because I didn't want to buy the art book right now.

You could proxy her with the Pheasant Agent, so he gets some table time at least.  :lol:

Well, yes it is a lil bit fishy... but! conversions are ITS legal too. Get a Chandra, stick a monobanana somewhere on her, and maybe greenstuff an emo tie, call it a conversion and you are done. Full legit last time I checked unless last ITS changed something.

Just checked the ITS wording to be sure. The model has to be "available in the Infinity range." If a model is LE, I guess it's technically not available in the infinity range, so anything goes. :)

I still don't like LE minis actually being in the game. :nope:

Where is the profile?

Devil Team builder...

What? They've updated the DT army builder?

I'm off to check the rest. If they haven't fixed the other profiles, there will be hell to pay (or rather, I'm gonna start writing directly to CB and demand they fix "their" official builder) >_<

Suryats are fixed (oh wait no the loadouts are still busted)... Treitak isn't... Printing still switches randomly to classic...

Just checked the ITS wording to be sure. The model has to be "available in the Infinity range." If a model is LE, I guess it's technically not available in the infinity range, so anything goes. :)

I still don't like LE minis actually being in the game. :nope:

I'd argue the opposite, that since there is a model it is part of the range, and is therefore legal. I honestly can't think of a good reason for it not to be,

and suddenly, next month, when all the artbook preorders are done, we'll see a Miranda Ashcroft - normal edition model.

and suddenly, next month, when all the artbook preorders are done, we'll see a Miranda Ashcroft - normal edition model.

Which could be possible. They already annoucedthat their will be a different Max Scorpio model released after this current season is done.

Must admit, nice profile she got. Actually I'm building a 150 point ISS list for Boarding Action tournament. First I wanted to get Sforza in there, but now I think I need to reconsider that. 21 points for CC killer? Yes please ;)

Still, hoping that we'll see a normal model that doesn't look like a dancer from a night club. If yes - great. If not and Miranda get to be limited only - very bad move.

Suryats are fixed (oh wait no the loadouts are still busted)... Treitak isn't... Printing still switches randomly to classic...

You can buy those anytime, meanwhile there are stacks of artbooks that need some selling. I kid, I kid. After all, we're talking about CB, not some other mini company. :)

I'd argue the opposite, that since there is a model it is part of the range, and is therefore legal. I honestly can't think of a good reason for it not to be,

It is in the range, but not available, therefore "not available in the range?" :S

I never would have imagined we'd have reason to rules-lawyer the proxy rules. Oh, well.

Hopefully! :P

if you want to use Miranda and have an even vaguely suitable proxy, I'd probably TAG-sock anyone who protested that... the whole point is to have fun... don't letsilly things get in the way

It is in the range, but not available, therefore "not available in the range?" :S

I never would have imagined we'd have reason to rules-lawyer the proxy rules. Oh, well.

It is available in the range. Just because you chose not to buy it doesn't mean it wasn't available. I'd argue that available means "exists as a model". Right now there are several boxes and blisters that aren't available for sale either. For months distributors in NA couldn't get Tohaa starters, and other SKUs were just as unavailable. Just because a model isn't currently available doesn't mean that it's not legal for ITS play. In addition to that, my understanding is that discontinued models are ITS legal as well, even though they are no longer available for sale. But I'm not really familiar with the ITS rules, so maybe i'm getting this all wrong?

Anyway, I'm not sure why it's a big deal. You decided not to buy a model that you clearly don't like, and now that it has some rules associated with it you're complaining? I could see a problem if this was a game essential model, but it isn't. The rules are available for free, so go ahead and proxy something in non-ITS game. In ITS games you'll just have to spend your 21 points somewhere else. Oh no.

if you want to use Miranda and have an even vaguely suitable proxy, I'd probably TAG-sock anyone who protested that... the whole point is to have fun... don't letsilly things get in the way

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone doing that.

You decided not to buy a model that you clearly don't like, and now that it has some rules associated with it you're complaining? I could see a problem if this was a game essential model, but it isn't.

Yep. Sometimes the desire to use a specific model comes from their profile. Certain rules/characteristics can make you appreciate a model more or at least nudge you over the fence. The idea of not getting to see those rules until after the model is no longer available is pretty crappy. I like to use the appropriate models, not proxies (even if it means using ugly ones). However, I won't refuse to use an ugly model if it's got a cool background, theme, or rules. If it turns out I like to use Miranda, unfortunately I can't do both.

Case in point. No one who plays Warmachine/Hordes really likes any of those models (tolerates, maybe). Many of the choices are based on rules/backstory. :P

Anyway, I'm not sure why it's a big deal. (...) In ITS games you'll just have to spend your 21 points somewhere else. Oh no.

But don't you think that getting the rules for LIMITED model AFTER all is sold is NOT a good thing?

Anyway, I agree with Cervantes: proxy the hell you want, as long as it looks cool.

It looks like the Warstore still has the pre-orders with miniatures available, in case anyone didn't get one, but wants one now that they've seen Miranda's profile. :)