Shinigami

Miranda Ashcroft

93 posts in this topic

So boarding shotgun version is more expensive without any other difference? Wierd. Usually they are same as combi. And even then I would take combi instead...

Then again ODD helps win FtF even with low burst making BSG somewhat more attractive than usual.

Why buy a model you don't like?

My purchases are directed by what abilities I want to use on a table, appearance is secondary.

This. +1. You took the word out of my mouth. If there's 100% sure that Miranda gets non-LE model the topic is over

+1 to this. I don't know how suddenly we all have to like the concept of LE models+profiles (which, to be fair, we don't know is the case - there may well BE a normal edition Miranda sometime, and in that case, I'm satisfied)?

I'm perfectly okay with LE alternate sculpts, or models that get their rules changed, edition changes, etc. But actual LE profiles? I didn't decide to play miniature wargames because of some inane rarity mechanic or to feel like I'm a special snowflake because I have some rules only I can use amongst my circle. Again, CB may well not do that, and if proxies are fine, it's not much more than an alternate sculpt, and that's cool.

The part that surprises me is that the profile got into Infinity Army without anything being added to the downloads section.  But I haven't been around long enough to experience the delay Magno mentioned.  :S

For all I know, this is a three plus page thread occurring because of a misunderstanding or someone forgetting to delete an entry from a model list.

So boarding shotgun version is more expensive without any other difference? Wierd. Usually they are same as combi. And even then I would take combi instead...Then again ODD helps win FtF even with low burst making BSG somewhat more attractive than usual. My purchases are directed by what abilities I want to use on a table, appearance is secondary.

The point costs were flipped around. It is 21 for the Combi and 20 for the BSG.

I wonder if we should be checking devil team for the Anaconda's stats...

I'm certain there will be a general release of Ms.Ashcroft at some point, much like how at some point next ITS season we will see the general release version of Max Skorpio.  I reckon folks can just proxy in the Interim.

I wonder if we should be checking devil team for the Anaconda's stats...

thats the first thing I did

The point costs were flipped around. It is 21 for the Combi and 20 for the BSG.

That makes more sense. I wonder if it is another sign of CB reconsidering their weapon pricing (the other being spec ops costs, and few new profiles with HMG). Since I generally consider BSG to be slightly less useful weapon than combi, I'm pleased.

First: About Miranda and ITS AVA, Lucien Sofrza is an ABH too, and he is only in the ISS.

Second: In the blister, the name of Miranda doesn't appear, only ABH with Mono CCW.

We need the full rules(download version) to know how to use it.

Well, it is up.

I also think it's pretty lame that they release a unique profile for the model after they release it under the assumption that it's just another sculpt for the generic bounty hunter profile.  She's not that great so I'm not really torn up about it but still...low blow, CB.   :P

Also if this all works the way I think it works, I'm more likely to believe now that dire foes will indeed be their own troops with ITS legal profiles.

Indeed they will be.  Carlos said something along the lines of the Dire Foes being a spec ops option to their relative factions in Paradisio / ITS (not 100% on the ITS but I don't see why not).  You can either take a normal spec op following the current CP/ITS rules, or you can take your character who already has a decent load out.  Personally I'd have to see how they turn out to decide if I want to use one instead of a normal spec op with a VSR/MSR in a link or something.  

It is indeed not well thought through, lets hope it was a one time mistake, and won't get a regular thing. My hopes are pretty high now, that the Anaconda will see its rules pretty soon!

I hope that if they do realize a non-limited Miranda, someone wants to swap. I'd hate to pay for a LE model only to have a better version released soon after.

Yup. If she were using the rules for a generic Authorized Bounty Hunter with an unique, limited edition, "only with the Artbook One", it'd be all just fine.

If she becomes a limited edition only sepcial character, it is a very bad and dangerous precedent.

Of course, I could see Miranda being released in a regular blister pack with a different right arm (holding agun of some kind, preferably a pistol) in a few months - then it would be all in the right place.

I see Miranda going down the same road as Max Scorpio. Sometime coming we will see a non-limited version with a different sculpt for the profile.

But I really need a "normal" Bounty Hunter. Hopefully we'll see the unlimited Max Scorpio soon.

Well, no sooner than the ITS Season 4 is over, from what've been told.

I know... so maybe a Nov/Dec-Release. Hopefully sooner than later because these boys are badass!

21 point Monofilament CCW with ODD? Well, maybe the Pheasant model has a purpose after all - proxying for Miranda.

21 point Monofilament CCW with ODD? Well, maybe the Pheasant model has a purpose after all - proxying for Miranda.

OH SNAP! That's an excellent proxy choice.

Good call, sir.

yeah, so, it's not cool to give yu jing a limited edition 23 point model, but it's cool to permanently take an awesome LT option from them and give it to another faction? 

Yes. All the cool kids play CA :D

OH SNAP! That's an excellent proxy choice.

Good call, sir.

I maid that call a few pages ago.  :streaming-mad:

Yep sorry - should have read the whole thread! Great minds and all :P

yeah, so, it's not cool to give yu jing a limited edition 23 point model, but it's cool to permanently take an awesome LT option from them and give it to another faction? 

Only if you make her look waaay cooler.