TheMatsjo

Tohaa: Strategy, Tactics, Tips & Tricks

61 posts in this topic

Looks good so far.

Edit: Doesn't supression fire allow you to shoot trough smoke? I think there should be a notion about that.

Nice breakdown. Thanks!

There's this though..

"Both weapons are special in that they do not target enemy ARM, but instead their BTS. The great thing about this is that these weapons can circumvent the armor of many tougher combatants, and ignore the Cover bonus altogether,"

Viral/Swarm don't ignore Cover? The bonus just gets added to your BTS.

You DO NOT get +1 Burst to speculative or guided shots from a linked team.

Doesn't supression fire allow you to shoot trough smoke? I think there should be a notion about that.

Nice one: added.

Viral/Swarm don't ignore Cover? The bonus just gets added to your BTS.

Correction: changed.

You DO NOT get +1 Burst to speculative or guided shots from a linked team.

THANK YOU: changed.

Slowly working through the Tohaa Arsenal; then I'll get to finishing the strategies and make a start with the Tactics. Feedback and suggestions would be appreciated. Does anyone know if there's some kind of spoiler tag available, and if I can link to paragraphs within the same post (so I can link to the chapters in the post)?

I've added a cover pic, finished the Arsenal and added a small links index; only the tactics section to do now and the final piece of strategy.

Hooray!

Oh wow, another great Tohaa tactica thread. Awesome man, it's appreciated!

Don't forget the great advantage Tohaa have with Medkits for Symbiote armor, there is no negative to physics for the roll.

The thread is coming along nicely; soon I'll have finished the last tactica pieces and worked out some errors in grammar; if any of you come across a good battle report that involves the Tohaa, please let me know! I'm looking for reports that are detailed enough to give some insight into Tohaa combat experiences, but that don't last an hour to watch/read.  :_nerd__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

ADHL administered.

So awesome! Much obliged!  :excited:

Don't forget the great advantage Tohaa have with Medkits for Symbiote armor, there is no negative to physics for the roll.

Good catch! I've added it in.  :thumb-up:

I'm a little unclear about the references to Guided Heavy Rocket Launcher / Hacking Device Plus in the Fire section; only Tohaa have the GHRL and they do not have access to HD+.  Nomads have the mentioned Markers and HD+, but have a traditional AP+EXP GML.

Are you sure placing a nullifier near objectives prevents the enemy from taking them with their hackers and FOs?

The nullifier just scrambles their equipment essentially whilst in that area, and their equipment wont work, but the models are still inherently a hacker or forward observer... So im pretty hesitant to believe those models can not take objectives covered by a nullifier

There's nothing in the Nullifier rules that would have an impact on searching an objective.

'inside the area of effect of a Nullifier it is not permitted to perform Hacking, Sepsitor, Forward Observer markings, or shooting Flash Pulses'

That's the complete list.

I'm a little unclear about the references to Guided Heavy Rocket Launcher / Hacking Device Plus in the Fire section; only Tohaa have the GHRL and they do not have access to HD+.  Nomads have the mentioned Markers and HD+, but have a traditional AP+EXP GML.

A sloppy oversight there, I'll amend it.

Are you sure placing a nullifier near objectives prevents the enemy from taking them with their hackers and FOs?

There's nothing in the Nullifier rules that would have an impact on searching an objective.

And again practice clouds my judgment; I play with custom objectives that can be jammed (so you have to operate them manually) so much it became second nature to think that way. I'll reread the rules and amend.

Thanks all of you.

Alright that should do it; I think the entire post is pretty much finished for now! I'll clean up some of the language and spelling when I have the energy to do a close reading of the whole thing, but I think we can consider this guide complete for now. I'd really appreciate any further additions, links and whatever else of course. I'm 'following' this thread, so any post or PM should reach me pretty quickly. 

Enjoy.

New battle report is up; another one by the excellent Micky Ward on Youtube.

please post a link

I think its been edited into the op.

please post a link

I did. Bottom of the OP. 2nd entry ;)

Thanks for posting my battle reports in here. :) Sorry I'm a bit crap when it comes to actually *playing*  :X

The Gorgos may be possessed like any other TAG, and its Chaksa will follow it. It may also be Sepsitored. The only rule preventing possession is purely for Combined Army TAGs.

Combined vs. Combined may possess each other's TAGs, and Tohaa may possess Combined TAGs.

The Gorgos may be possessed like any other TAG, and its Chaksa will follow it. It may also be Sepsitored. The only rule preventing possession is purely for Combined Army TAGs.

Combined vs. Combined may possess each other's TAGs, and Tohaa may possess Combined TAGs.

Well, Tohaa *could* if they had any offensive hackers...