Hydra

Welcome To Silas Ark

377 posts in this topic

I'm more of a fan of the clean, bright look of major cities in the human sphere, but damn if this doesn't look like something you'd see on Firefly/Serenity or maybe the original Star Wars, all future frontier town. This would be perfect for Ariadna, for example.

Great job overall, and welcome to the Human Sphere, where things are not infested by skulls everywhere XD

Stunning. Do you use an airbrush or is this done by hand brush?

Excellent job and attention to detail on your terrain.  I wish I had the patience to put so much time and effort into it like you do.  I can't wait to see more.

@ Marc C: Well.. I use brushes only for the last touch ups. The basic work is done by spray cans.

@Hey Yella... I will do a little step-by-step tutorial on the next building. It is easier than it looks :D

I really like that deck ! What a great idea and the finished look is amazing . The weathered buildings came out nice . Well done !

Beautiful building. Love the weathering and detail.

What did you make the sign out of? MDF?

I look forward to seeing more. Thanks for sharing.

@ Marc C: Well.. I use brushes only for the last touch ups. The basic work is done by spray cans.

@Hey Yella... I will do a little step-by-step tutorial on the next building. It is easier than it looks :D

A tutorial is cool. I'm in dire need of tips on how to give depth to buildings.

@Pseudonym: Will soon make a tut for that :)

@Marc C: there you go :DTutorial

@AlfonsoTheTraitor: Thanks :) Glad you like it!

Getting closer to beging done: Commercial Tower 45

Home to serval different buisnesses, one being a bureau of the company H-Logs. More about that to come later.

CommercialTower451_zpsf0ecebd9.jpgCommercialTower452_zps40e6ebde.jpgCommercialTower453_zpsf9fdde64.jpg

Very nice!  How did you make your plated ground surface?  I'm wanting to do the same kind of thing for one of my table tops.  

Wow that looks great. I'm looking forward to your Data Sphere post so you can show off the non-sanctioned buildings too.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow that looks great. I'm looking forward to your Data Sphere post so you can show off the non-sanctioned buildings too.

Thanks for sharing.

It's OK to show non-sanctioned buildings but you have to censor the name and source :) unless someone specifically asks for it.

Some very nice stuff in here. Slowly starting with custom built terrain to supplement bought MDF stuff and you have some great ideas here with relatively straightforward implementation that makes it achievable for a broader base.

Very good looking table. I will be annexing some of your ideas for myself. You have been warned  :)