Bogatyr

There's A Train A'coming...

74 posts in this topic

To all my fans, You're Welcome!  ;-)

When this is finally out and we see all the pics if it's way cool I will just buy this as well...  :-)

Chaoshead87

Another bit of news:

The train's price tag will be 100€ (Sorry Gernesto?) and it will only be sold as a complete unit (Since some people PMd asking about the possibility of purchasing just one of the cabs).

The containers will be sold separately, and the sexy new "Tank" style containers will be available at the same time as the train itself.

How much are the containers going for?

No news on the containers' price tag yet.

And yes, the train cabs come wth roofs, including a nice etched-acrylic skylight.

Yep, still looking forward to seeing this in its complete form.

I find it interesting that people are not interested in the entire train.

Chaoshead87

Yep, still looking forward to seeing this in its complete form.

I find it interesting that people are not interested in the entire train.

Chaoshead87

Some people, myself included, don't want a train and/or don't care about playing Campaign Paradiso.

TAKE MY MONEY!! 

That's an accurate summation of my feelings on this train.

I think they'd make pretty cool pieces for a general trainyard table. You could even split one in half to represent two trains coming in off the table edge on different tracks. I'd love to eventually see some sort of train station or crane type of terrain to help fill out the rest of the theme and help the train blend in with the table it's on.

I'd love to eventually see some sort of train station or crane type of terrain to help fill out the rest of the theme and help the train blend in with the table it's on.

Now isn't that an interesting idea...

Very nice, the angle of the pics dont show it, but is the train going to be shaped or boxed? It looks great train mission is going to be sweet.

Very nice, the angle of the pics dont show it, but is the train going to be shaped or boxed? It looks great train mission is going to be sweet.

Er. Excuse my sorry non-English speaking arse but... I have no idea what "Shaped or boxed" means. If you could explain further I'd love to give you an answer.

I'd love to eventually see some sort of train station or crane type of terrain to help fill out the rest of the theme and help the train blend in with the table it's on.

Another company made one already.  Some time ago I recall.

Another company made one already.  Some time ago I recall.

Shhhhhh! You can't say that here. ;)

Er. Excuse my sorry non-English speaking arse but... I have no idea what "Shaped or boxed" means. If you could explain further I'd love to give you an 

Is it going to be train shaped or more like a room. I'm asking if it will be like a model train that you can move around in and look like one. Or more like rooms connected to one another.

Shhhhhh! You can't say that here. ;)

I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day

Is it going to be train shaped or more like a room. I'm asking if it will be like a model train that you can move around in and look like one. Or more like rooms connected to one another.

Well, the instructions and directions from CB regarding measurements and such, and the nature of working with MDF impose some limitations on the range of shapes you can use on this sort of work. That said, the train is far from "boxy" or square-ish in shape.

Aaaand, a few more photos, this time focusin on the new container type but including a shot of the train cab's roof. 

Tren7_zps64f3c7f9.jpg

Tren8_zps61b8acae.jpg

Tren6_zps2fb20331.jpg

Tren5_zpsefb3a0fa.jpg

Yep, I am really liking the looks of this.  Hopefully this is coming very soon??

Definitely liking those containers.  Very nice eye catching colors on them as well.

Yep, I am really liking the looks of this. Hopefully this is coming very soon??

This month/very early March at the latest.

Now isn't that an interesting idea...

Am I presuming too much that there may be some follow up products that may suit this particular release?

Train looks absolutely MAG-nificent. Pun intended.