Bogatyr

There's A Train A'coming...

74 posts in this topic

Aaaand, a few more photos, this time focusin on the new container type but including a shot of the train cab's roof. 

Tren7_zps64f3c7f9.jpg

Tren8_zps61b8acae.jpg

Tren6_zps2fb20331.jpg

Tren5_zpsefb3a0fa.jpg

very nice it looks great from the side veiw. Looking forward to seeing the final product. Whats going to be the lengh of the train or will it be like sections and you pick your own size?

very nice it looks great from the side veiw. Looking forward to seeing the final product. Whats going to be the lengh of the train or will it be like sections and you pick your own size?

It's designed for Mission 205 of the Paradiso campaign, so the length will be the official one for that mission: 120cm/4feet 

It's sold as one full unit, two closed cabs and an open cargo platform in between. It should be feasible to assemble it as two different trains entering the station from opposite sides, as Certs suggested

Or two entering a double wide track. It is not like all stations always have to be one train wide.

Or two entering a double wide track. It is not like all stations always have to be one train wide.

I meant from opposite directions on a double track, actually. That way you can sort of "stagger" the two trains so you get LOF-blocking terrain but not so linear. Not sure if I'm explaining myself right. XD

I meant from opposite directions on a double track, actually. That way you can sort of "stagger" the two trains so you get LOF-blocking terrain but not so linear. Not sure if I'm explaining myself right. XD

Oh right. silly me :facepalm:

Oh right. silly me :facepalm:

Not at all. Rather, non-native English speaking me, and it shows.

And as the actual release date approaches, here you have a full Facebook photo album to feast your eyes upon.

( There's also a hint about upcoming related things in the album into so you want to read that too ;) )

Mag-Lev Train.

It's to scale you said so will the paper boxes from the paper train fit on the train? I made a bunch of them when that PDF came out for use on my boards.

And as the actual release date approaches, here you have a full Facebook photo album to feast your eyes upon.

( There's also a hint about upcoming related things in the album into so you want to read that too ;) )

Mag-Lev Train.

Saw the Facebook pictures that is hard to beleave that's MDF. Wish I had skills like that I been trying to work on a Dropship made out of MDF and it has been a labor of love. Any pointers you may have when working with MDF?

It's to scale you said so will the paper boxes from the paper train fit on the train? I made a bunch of them when that PDF came out for use on my boards.

They should, considering the train is built to CB's specs, which are supposed to be the same as for the PDF train.

Saw the Facebook pictures that is hard to beleave that's MDF. Wish I had skills like that I been trying to work on a Dropship made out of MDF and it has been a labor of love. Any pointers you may have when working with MDF?

Sadly, I'm not part of the creative team at Bandua, merely a sort of PR monkey *Wavewave* Nacho is the CAD-and-laser-cutter-machine-thingie wizard and he and Pablo, the boss at Bandua, do the concept work together. I can tell you, though, I wish I had half a tenth of the talent they have. Maybe when they come up for air from all the work they're doing in preparation for Salute! I could ask them, but I can make no promises.

And now if you would excuse me I'm going to drool a bit over pictures of the new Tarik.

So February has gone, March is a week in, any news on a release date for the train yet?

The containers as well?

Sorry for the delay! After some last-minute problems, the train will finally go on sale this week.

Sorry for the delay! After some last-minute problems, the train will finally go on sale this week.

It's Sunday. You mean next week, right?

It's Sunday. You mean next week, right?

Some of us are so sharp we could cut ourselves... :P

Yes. The week that starts on March the Tenth. 

Some of us are so sharp we could cut ourselves... :P

:lol: Hey I really want this train. I just needed to be sure.

Woohoo!

Will be waiting for the item to go live on your site then.

Hopefully the containers go live as well??

Just looking at your site for a few things and doing a dry run for when the train is released, I noticed that the u.s.a. was not in the list of shipping countries or the list of countries so I could register.....did I just miss it?  Do you not ship to the u.s.?

Is the train going to come with a track?  If not I hope it fits onto a track released by another company.

Also, any word on the new release date?

Yep, I am anxiously awaiting this release.

Soooooorry all for the delays and not getting back to you sooner. We're having some technical problems due to the size of this baby and it's been driving all Bandua a bit insane these last couple weeks. I can't give you a definite release date, just that it'll be as soon as possible.

About the website registration. Duh. Just checked and it seems due to the software used the list of countries for registration is in Spanish no matter what language you select. So instead of USA you have to select EEUU (From Spanish "Estados Unidos", "United States", because in Spanish you double the letter in an acronym when the word is plural, don't ask me why).

Bandua does ship to the USA, the new shipping costs are displayed both in the website and a thread in this same forum.

Once again, sorry for the delay. Believe me, I'm waiting just as anxiously. My local gaming group is getting one of these as soon as they come out! ;)

That's what I get for not speaking another language...

Thanks for the update, even if it was not the update I was looking for.  ;-)

Sorry to drag this thread back. I recently purchased this train to add to our growing terrain. However it did not come with any instructions on how to build it. I was wondering if there was a PDF around I could snag?

With mine the sheet had a QR code that linked to instructions.  Went together nicely, painting has been extremely slow for me.

Actually, scratch that I think I confused another company.  I did get instructions, maybe off of their website.