Scorch

Data Sphere - The Online Infinity Magazine

94 posts in this topic

Many of our content creators have been super busy with various things in our personal lives.

We apologize for the break in content and will be hopefully getting some content out soon.

Many of our content creators have been super busy with various things in our personal lives.

We apologize for the break in content and will be hopefully getting some content out soon.

No apology needed for a free resource!

I'm just missing the good content!

No apology needed for a free resource!

I'm just missing the good content!

Thank you so much for the compliment! We're hoping to get you that quality content resuming again soon.

Data Sphere has a great Christmas gift for all our esteemed readers! Our new blogger Munin was so kind to write down the campaign system he has created into a (very flashy looking) document. It is downloadable on Data Sphere:

http://www.data-sphere.net/new-dawn-alternative-campaign-system/

The New Dawn Campaign is an example for a campaign system that you can easily set up with your fellow players. It is very flexible and and allows the use of any scenario you can think of, including the ones coming from ITS, 20x20, YAMS, etc. Those scenarios do not have to be pre-arranged by some campaign organiser, they can be chosen just before you play. This campaign system truly lets you dive down deep into the narrative and background of Infinity. 

To get a taste of it, you may read the fantastic narrative that Munin has written about the campaign he played. 

Data Sphere is awesome!! Some absolutely brilliant stuff on it. Many thanks!!

Necromancing this topic before it's too late.

Has something happened to the site? It's been unreachable for a few days, but the domain is still quite valid.

Still the same problem.

On one computer, I reach it on every attempt, on another, sometimes I do, most of the time I get that error message...

Smells of DNS issues. It seems it changed hands (so moved hosting and new IP?). Always try one of those "is site down?" to check if only you, or more spread.

Scroll down, first posts were just about SQL error.

Dug in a bit, it's effectively DNS issues. At a glance it looks like Google's public DNSs are refusing to resolve the domain, because a propagation check confirms that the domain is resolving on DNS almost everywhere else. Added an entry to my hosts file pointing www.data-sphere.net to 185.23.21.26 and everything works again.

PMd the main admin giving him this info, now they must take it to their hosting or DNS providers or something.

3 hours ago, jherazob said:

Added an entry to my hosts file pointing www.data-sphere.net to 185.23.21.26 and everything works again.

Aaaand it works. Thanks a bunch. Time to pester the server dude about the DNS issues.

Any of you tried kicking the OS in the DNS resolvers? The entry on the hosts file is just a band aid. If you look in the other thread, it seems sometimes the problem is not with the propagation from the servers, but the clients (your computers or the ones in your ISP) keeping the old values for too long. In that case, new owner can't do much.

Yes, checked for that, but no, the negative response is coming directly from Google's public DNSs, it's not local.

Use different DNS servers, like ISP provided ones, or some other public servers, instead of letting one of the gorillas mess with your net. EG https://wiki.ipfire.org/dns/public-servers If you want speed, then you want a local DNS server that contacts the public, or even the root, ones as needed (and caches the results for next time). :confident:

Or call Google Support Line, 1-800-UNKNOWN. XD

:lol: