nakedpanda

Translations?

16 posts in this topic

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the second one means "clocks"

My brain is exploding; that is not how you write columns of Japanese characters.

Regarding the reddish Japanese one - both words are Katakana, the symbols used for foreign words. What I offer here are attempts to phonetically translate it to English.

Small text:

ブロードキャスト

broadcast

Large text: アルマ テレビ

Alma(????) television

Can't help you on the Arabic one.

My brain is exploding; that is not how you write columns of Japanese characters.

This. And even when you write kana sideways, don't turn the second line upside-down.

If the yellow sign with the bowl of noodles (preview image 3/8) is supposed to be Japanese, it has the characters for ふきょう 富強 which my first dictionary says means "wealth and power" or "rich and powerful", and my second dictionary notes as an abbreviation for a four character saying involving militarization 富国強兵. 

So that's an odd name for a Japanese noodle shop. :huh:  Although if Google images is any indication, not necessarily strange for the name of a Chinese company. 

Edit:  What Toadchild didn't mention is that characters for 'broadcast' are written upside down relative to the characters for Alma Television, so they look completely bizarre.

Here's a useful example of Japanese signage.  The karaoke place on the near right has a horizontal sign above its door and vertical sign right next to it.  Note how the signs have the characters in the same orientation.

img_0931-small.jpg

Excellent, have to put antenna arrays on the "broadcast" building!

Thanks for the help so far

Also, if you don't include a burned out [Pa]chinko neon, you're doing it wrong XD

If customeeple made more signs, I would of course buy them all!

Hi!

We were following this link with a lot of interest and we have redesigned some of the banners:

yuging-redux.jpg

Our friend Morikun told us months ago the same things that has been written here, but we had a lot of work and didn´t remind to make changes :(...(We are so sorry!).

We appreciate a lot your help as it helps us to improve our products! If more errors are found please tell us ;).

Thank you and have fun!

I think the big words in the right-hand banner might be backwards in that image; it seems to read bottom-up now.

yuging-redux.jpg

I the hope of preventing this going to round three, the sign on the right should have the characters

from top to bottom.  The characters are in the proper orientation, but the order is backwards.  The small text on the side is the right order, though.

No luck on the Chinese or Arabic banners? Thanks and keep up the beautiful work!

No luck on the Chinese or Arabic banners? Thanks and keep up the beautiful work!

I'm willing to give "富強" a pass as a province/territory name (or even family name) Fu Keung (or one of the various transliteration/spelling variations) at this point.

Sorry guys I didn't have the heart to mention it way back when I first started communicating with you and I forgot to mention it myself as time went on.

Jajajaja...

No problem!!

We like to know what we do wrong. As I said before this helps us improve a lot!

Have fun!