Nicho

Gaming Mat

141 posts in this topic

This is perhaps not the most encouraging thing I've ever read in an email... You'd think 20 euro's for shipping would count for more than that.

20Euros for 5 weeks shipping ? healthy profit there I'd say lol and is it coming via steamboat ? Think I'll pass until some turn up in UK stores or I buy someone else's mat.  I can't do 5 weeks shipping in 2014 sorry.

Anyone got hi res close up pics of the mat?

I'm very sorry ppl, but the mat is very heavy and has ridiculous measurements for shipping purposes...

That's the reason for the price and not our decision to rob you blind.

There are 3 different shipping options and i asure you they are the best we can offer you(and believe me, we tried to bring them as low as we can).

For all of those for who this is not enough - sorry guys, you'll just have to wait for our retailers near you to stock them.

I'd have to agree that a 4'x4' mouse pad would get heavy and tubes always present unique pricing for postage. To clarify, I'm not upset about the price, just a bit surprised. Maybe the USPS/FedEx/UPS in the US has spoiled some of us.

So you guys are using poster tubes right? Also, when will the Mat be available on the CB website and Miniature Market?

So you guys are using poster tubes right? Also, when will the Mat be available on the CB website and Miniature Market?

If this could be supplied to thewarstore that would be awesome too.

Ok guys, mine came today. All I've got to say is that it exceeded all of my expectations. The mat is heavy and durable. It seems it can be easily rolled up and not lose its quality. So far it's worth the money.

When I find the time I will post some pictures with other MAS terrain and 3d-printed scatter terrain my friend created for us :confident: I just need a good camera a get it all together.

Really can't wait till 3D printers are cheap enough to end Terrain shortages forever. But this type of game mat will still be the awesome foundation of good tables. Gone are the days of cheap felt!

We're shipping orders all the time so if a retailer ordered the matt they should have it in around 2 weeks time.

Just got mines and I'll echo how awesome it is. How are people storing this thing. 4ft poster tubes?

I don't think anyone else has gotten theirs in the mail yet. So tell us how you are storing yours.

Mine will be rolled up in a tube I used to keep my rpg mats in (it's expandable to over 4' long).
Those are now kept in a mailing tube. 

I'm very sorry ppl, but the mat is very heavy and has ridiculous measurements for shipping purposes...

That's the reason for the price and not our decision to rob you blind.

There are 3 different shipping options and i asure you they are the best we can offer you(and believe me, we tried to bring them as low as we can).

For all of those for who this is not enough - sorry guys, you'll just have to wait for our retailers near you to stock them.

Assuming it's shipped in a tube, have you considered loosely folding the mat, and using a box? Not sure if this would be any cheaper for you, but possibly. I didn't think it would be good for them, but there's an American company who makes their mats out of a very similar material, and that's what they do. The review I read said that they settle out flat without any creases in a pretty short amount of time.

I just have it rolled up and sitting on a crate where I keep my terrain materials. It actually came folded in a box and like Ichipoxi said the wrinkles smooth out after laying it flat. When I get the time I'll likely head out to Office max or something for a mailing tube for a more permanent storage solution.

So it's cruising toward 6 weeks.... just saying.

Where have the mats gone? I just went to the MAS Store to order some, and they are just... Gone.

Where have the mats gone? I just went to the MAS Store to order some, and they are just... Gone.

This. I wanted to compare the offer and they.. mysteriously disappeared.

They were there just a few days ago because I contemplated buying one.... but you are correct - they are now gone...

So it's cruising toward 6 weeks.... just saying.

Hey, did the mat arrived safely? The top time should never exceede 7 weeks and that's when you're really out of luck(the ship comes late and stuff like that).

As for our mats, yes they're gone and we're waiting for a next shipment. For now the only way to get them is to check our retailer.

Hey, did the mat arrived safely? The top time should never exceede 7 weeks and that's when you're really out of luck(the ship comes late and stuff like that).

As for our mats, yes they're gone and we're waiting for a next shipment. For now the only way to get them is to check our retailer.

Do you have a rough idea when your shipment is due in?

Ya it got here. Total time was about 45 days. So a bit over 6 weeks.

Great item, as expected, but in the future I'll probably just wait for warstore to stock MAS items. Not that it's the fault of MAS, as you've said it's cross Atlantic shipping... it's not cheap or fast.

On storage: Mine came with a 4 foot long canvas roll bag. So it cam with it's own storage solution. I just roll it up, rubber side in, and slide it back in the bag.

Nice to hear it finally came :) Sorry to hear you had to wait that long though...

Do you know when you will restock the mats? (And consequently be able to restock wayland?)