JetMidget

Jetmidget P-Log

18 posts in this topic

Sphinx - go serch on the web Tutorials by Bogusz Stupnicki (Bohun)

bout white - anoing colour usualy was easr to paint just white then shade then in reverse

Yuriko - unsharp photo .:(

Your Yu Jing models are totally awesome, especially since each is different and yet they tie together quite well.

Loving that Unit-02!

"Invert Mode. Secret code: The Beast!"

Great work. Keep it up!

Edit: the Hsien is effing gorgeous.

Sphinx - go serch on the web Tutorials by Bogusz Stupnicki (Bohun)

bout white - anoing colour usualy was easr to paint just white then shade then in reverse

Yuriko - unsharp photo . :(

I have some Bohun tutorials: 2 videos from Miniature Mentor (Drednought and TMM). And I found his album with tutorials on a facebook. Is there any other guides that you mean and I missed? I've tried to use his tmm technique with glazes from MM guide, but seems like it doesn't work for me, especialy on small surfaces. May be I didn't get some secret, or my skills too poor right now. I prefer to mix metallics in nonmetallic paints and combine it with glazes on big surfaces. Actually his works the ones that convinced me to learn tmm.

About white... well, you crushed my mind. Never thought about painting from lights to shades. But, if it works for you maybe it could work for me. I'll try it next time.

As for Yuriko, there is some mystery for me. I can't get her face at focus on a front view. I've tried different angles and distances, but anyway no outcome at all.

Thank you for advices!

each is different and yet they tie together quite well.

Actually, when i show them to my friend he asked me are they from one army or not. And then he says that they too different and it makes me doubt. But your words definetly helps. =)

Giuseppe valenza, Skylifter-1000, Claudius Sol, Dude, Nicho

Nice to hear it all! Thank you!

Heh, as if I didn't have enough problems not starting Yu Jing...

The Hac Tao is probably my favorite, followed closely by the Domaru. You've managed to really nail the sinister feeling on her. Superb work all round, really.

I can't really offer much in terms of constructive criticism, but I'm afraid I'd have to somewhat agree with your friend who misses a unifying element to them. Perhaps standardising on a single colour for the weapons from now on would do it? 

no idea if you c it already

and thous two from Minature mentor are Monique de Nouar and Dred ?

No. I didn't see it before. Actually, nice guides. Some useful tips detected. =D

Yeah, those two.

the palette ?

I'm not sure that i get what you mean... It seems like first of all I have problems in control of glazes. The second one suggest is mixing right amount of another colour in base. 

Heh, as if I didn't have enough problems not starting Yu Jing...

Curiosity isn't a vice... So, let me ask you what kind of problems do you have?

I can't really offer much in terms of constructive criticism, but I'm afraid I'd have to somewhat agree with your friend who misses a unifying element to them. Perhaps standardising on a single colour for the weapons from now on would do it? 

Doubts. Yet again. =D Actually, I didn't thought about unified look when started. It was just cool little dudes. But for now... I'm think I'll paint all line troops in one unified scheme if it really goes for army, and leave some unique schemes for elite troops. What you think?

And thank you for good words!

so um ..

Dred tut - is good for biger things .. on infinity minis you will get messy effects or you need to be master lvl

for Monique .. i so much like the colours ..  but for let say RED in infinity there is other better tutorial (actualy tutorial is worst but this tech works better on infinity minis :P) - will post if i get where it is uploaded .. 

about palete and glazes

check out how Ana works in this matter (im using her tutorial as she make way less mess then me :P )

http://paintingmum.blogspot.com/2013/01/young-robert-baratheon-tutorial-and.html

it is not a palete tutorial -she is just testing thing on this one (she got there to pallete tutorial :) ) but look how thined her paints are

- check out to a Painting budda tutorials - they show Ben Komets (if im not messing names :P)  palette when he is working on mini

Shasvastii Sphinx completed! More pics here.

tumblr_nbnj3bvAcZ1tuwy60o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbnj3bvAcZ1tuwy60o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbnj3bvAcZ1tuwy60o5_1280.jpg

Dred tut - is good for biger things .. on infinity minis you will get messy effects or you need to be master lvl

for Monique .. i so much like the colours ..  but for let say RED in infinity there is other better tutorial (actualy tutorial is worst but this tech works better on infinity minis  :P

Well, I've already started to think in that way too. =D

about palete and glazes

check out how Ana works in this matter (im using her tutorial as she make way less mess then me  :P )

http://paintingmum.blogspot.com/2013/01/young-robert-baratheon-tutorial-and.html

it is not a palete tutorial -she is just testing thing on this one (she got there to pallete tutorial  :) ) but look how thined her paints are

- check out to a Painting budda tutorials - they show Ben Komets (if im not messing names  :P)  palette when he is working on mini

Checked out both of them, and seems like in terms of paint consistency I'm on a right way. Interesting tutorials tho. Also, I've tried glazes on some elements of the base which are big and flat and it was way easier to control. Yet again thanks for help, I appreciate it. =)

for base try oil paints - especialy for big bases (and get new brushes for oil paints - as you will instantly destroy brushes for acrylic if used with oils )

this tut should help

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2011/07/tutorial-miniature-painting-with-oil.html

o and get Noiseware - and use it on your photos as they include hell of artefacts - this will clean your photos of them

Beaut work on the Sphinx, big fan of the OSL from the rifle there and the blue is gorgeous imho. There's a beetle-like gleaming quality to it that underscores the alien-ness of the model.

About my problems with not starting Yu Jing, well.. I've problems with not starting most armies, but Yu Jing has been enticing me a fair bit lately. Cyber samurais and akira-bikes galore... I'll need to get my nomads and ariadna up to speed first though.

And on the unifiying-thing, having the grunts in a single scheme and giving the elites more special paintjobs is a pretty good idea, in my view. You could also enhance it with very similar bases (even though the bases you've got are done very well, where are they from? Scratchbuilt?) Hydra, for instance, does some very, very nice ones with turquoise panelling and heavy rust effects that really unifies his nomads.

o and get Noiseware - and use it on your photos as they include hell of artefacts - this will clean your photos of them

Got it, tried it. Cool stuff!  :thumb-up: Also, I've found some soft from Topaz Labs, and here the result:

tumblr_nbsqqnO9J51tuwy60o6_1280.jpg

More photos here.

for base try oil paints - especialy for big bases (and get new brushes for oil paints - as you will instantly destroy brushes for acrylic if used with oils )

this tut should help

Is there some magic behind oil paints? I mean I dont really want to deal with them, without any spectacular reason...

Cyber samurais and akira-bikes galore... 

Yeah, it's what makes me be a big fan of JSA. =D

I'll need to get my nomads and ariadna up to speed first though.

Pretty solid reason. =) I wish you good luck with it!

You could also enhance it with very similar bases (even though the bases you've got are done very well, where are they from? Scratchbuilt?) 

Well, I dont want to make all bases very similar because it can bore me to death... x) I can only stick to same theme for them. And yes, it's all scratchbuild.

Also, thanks for kind words!

Topaz Labs

uu  expensive stuff :)

Is there some magic behind oil paints? I mean I dont really want to deal with them, without any spectacular reason...

e yes ..

they dray slow and i mean it slow a day or two so you may blend things on a base very smouth  and in addicion you may mix paints on the object,  or remove them from it ,  and create a  glazes imposible to get from acrylic - something like colour filters

and you can create texture out of it if used without thining

oil White and black = superb to any acrylic paint

but is damn hard to use it on 28 mm  - that's why i use it fore some of the  bases or over all and touch ups like adding "filter colour"

watch thous and other related and decide by your selve :)

:)