Todd

Merc Base Tops... A Glimpse At Things Yet To Come?

13 posts in this topic

Just saw these over at Customeeple's site...

http://www.customeeple.com/product/infinity-merc-bases-by-giraldez/

Bgiral-merc.jpg

"Our base tops are the ones used on the MERC miniatures bases from the official photos and had been designed by Angel Giraldez."

Okay, since we haven't actually seen any merc models on these bases, is it possible we're getting a sneak preview of what some of the new merc company models might be based on? :)

The miniature that comes with the preorder of N3 uses one of those bases.

The miniature that comes with the preorder of N3 uses one of those bases.

It's similar, but not quite the same as any of those.

Sin-t%C3%ADtulo-6.jpg

I'm wondering if we can expect to actually see these specific bases on upcoming models (like the blurb seems to indicate), or if it's more that they're just designed to be similar to the one above.

Announcing that mercs gonna be in N3 rulebook might have caused almost the kind of reaction as displayed at FoW. And after all mercs as a sort of playable faction was in the corebook, so technically it wouldn't be an addition but a rework. But I wouldn't like to get anyone hopes high... just baseless rumourmongering.

On his facebook page, Angel said he used those bases for the preorder Authorized Bounty Hunter.  I ain't making this stuff up.

It's similar, but not quite the same as any of those.

Sin-t%C3%ADtulo-6.jpg

I'm wondering if we can expect to actually see these specific bases on upcoming models (like the blurb seems to indicate), or if it's more that they're just designed to be similar to the one above.

On his facebook page, Angel said he used those bases for the preorder Authorized Bounty Hunter.  I ain't making this stuff up.

I don't deny that he said it, but it's pretty obvious he didn't use any of the ones pictured on their site (just compare the pictures). They're listed in units of five, so I assume those are the five versions available. If they have more, they should put up a pic (especially as that likely means you're getting a random assortment, and not what is shown). On the other hand, maybe they will post another batch soon, and the base the LE ABH is on will be in that one. :S

The blue one with a red-white dot is the most similar.

Maybe he used a prototype. Or the plastic ones are different.

Or its just painted in other colors? ;)

I don't think that's the case, the panel lines don't match up to any of the ones in the group shot (even the other colors).

I think MoB is right. It's probably just a prototype that they're all loosely based off of, but they're likely not designs that he's used on actual models. :(

Hi!

As Todd wrote this base is a prototype/pre-production design. The designs on the web are the ones that Giraldez will be using at will on upcoming miniatures. Perhaps we should state this on the text of the bases in order to be clearer...

Also we want to clarify that there is no obscure meaning under the releasing of these bases.

Have a nice day!

Also we want to clarify that there is no obscure meaning under the releasing of these bases.

It's a cover-up!

Oh bugger they look great!

I've just bought 10 of the Micro Art urban bases as well, DOH!

Oh bugger they look great!

I've just bought 10 of the Micro Art urban bases as well, DOH!

So? What's keeping you from buying the next 10 InfiNity models to put them on even more bases? ;)