IJW Wartrader

2015 Winter Challenge - N3 Is Go! Jan 24-25 Exeter Uk

187 posts in this topic

2015-Challenge-Series-A3-v2-512px.jpg

The 2015 Winter Challenge - Welcome to N3 Third Edition!

The first UK Third Edition Challenge event! Following on from the Autumn Challenge 'preparation for N3' event we will get to play with all the new rules! This will be a fun weekend to introduce new and old players to the rules, with tutorials, a seminars and demo games on Saturday followed by a tournament day on Sunday.

UPDATE 10th JAN - Sunday is now full!

Saturday - Intro/Training Day

This will be a day geared towards new players and people who want to learn more about the game and background. On top of the usual demo games, advice sessions and scenarios there will be a seminar on adapting to third edition.

Saturday Painting Competition

From one to three models in a thematic group.

Models can only be entered into one class and must be painted by the entrant. Judging will be by a select panel. All decisions by the judging panel will be final.

Sunday - Tournament Day

N3 is go! This will be another 150pt Doubles tournament with points for silly in-game achievements - and what do points mean? Points mean prizes!

King of the Hill - Points Mean Prizes v2.pdf

Dates

Saturday 24 Jan 2014, 9:30am through to about 10pm.

Sunday 25 Jan 2014, 9:30am through to about 6:00pm.

Tickets

Tickets are now available! Note that spectating on Sunday is free. All ticket-holders will get a goody bag.

Saturday only (£5)

Sunday only (£15)

Weekend Pass (£18)

Venue

The Exeter District Scouts' HQ in Marsh Barton, Exeter, Devon. The venue has free WIFI and a fully-fitted kitchen including free tea and coffee and is on the southern edge of Exeter, about ten minutes from the end of the M5.

Directions & map

Accommodation

I'm offering free floor space for around ten people on a first-come-first-served basis, in Dawlish which is a 20 minute drive from the venue. There will also be some floor space available in Newton Abbot, also about 20 minutes away.

Some previous attendees have stayed at St. Andrews Hotel (ten minute walk) and recommended it.

Food

Apart from free tea and coffee, no food or drink is included in the ticket. There is a McDonalds drive-thru and a Costa about 300m up the road and a big Sainsbury nearby (5m drive, 10-15m walk).

For dinner on Saturday evening I book a big table at the Seven Stars pub, a five minute walk from the venue.

You're also welcome to bring along packed lunches and use the kitchen to heat up food as long as you tidy up behind you!

Main event page: http://wargamingtrader.com/infinity/winter2015

Saturday Attendees

1. Peter/Phlyk Richard K

2. Stuart/Fathi Amirmoez Stefan?

3. Tomas

4. Domo*

5. REND*

6. MartinG

7. Mothman

8. James/Severian

9. i0003

10. StokieRich

11. David/MarcoSkoll

12. Craig

13. theresponsibleone

14. ResDura

15. Drastic

16. Harry

17. SleepyAmoeba

18. Alexander

19. & son

20. Grant

No ticket yet:

Adra

Richard K

Stefan

Sunday Attendees

1. Peter/Phlyk Richard K

2. Stuart/Fathi Amirmoez Stefan

3. Tomas

4. Domo*

5. REND*

6. MartinG

7. Mothman

8. James/Severian

9. Lee/LeemanRuss

10. i0003

11. AdaptUK0

12. StokieRich

13. Jez/Lupine

14. Craig H/SacredSix

15. David/MarcoSkoll

16. Craig

17. theresponsibleone

18. ResDura

19. Wintermute

20. Drastic

21. Harry

22. Ruglud

23. Dave P

24. SleepyAmoeba

25. Alexander

26. & son

27. Grant

28. KazakMatt

Event house rules:

N3 House Rules v1.pdf

Edited by IJW Wartrader

aiming to come down for this one

Yeah, put my name down. Might as well dive right into the new rules with a 300pt tournament!

Probably gonna need to ask if I can use the floor space in newton abbot. Matt graciously put me up last time but I believe his child will be born by then so cannot impose upon them again. But will have to sort that all later once I know im clear to come accross, Hopefully by then all my Bakunin should be ready for its first N3 run, might take the riot grrl link team to test out how tough they will be. 

I doubt that will be a problem!

Yeah, just kick out the kid and there will be plenty of room! ;)

Ah, I meant staying with Richard rather than Matt!

Super tempted to come down for this. How close is the nearest train station and what's its name?

The closest station is Exeter St Thomas (about a mile away), but to get there is a change at Exeter St Davids (about a mile and three quarters miles off).

If you're marginally athletic, I'd walk from either St Davids or Exeter Central (although I'm not sure all trains down from London stop there).

Alternatively, it is sometimes possible to blag a lift from the locals.

Yes, if I know ahead of time when the train is due in I can usually arrange for pickup.

Attendee list updated with confirmed attendees.

I'd gladly come for this one. Checked tickets and it seems I can get £50 return from West Drayton to Exeter St. David's but I'd arrive about 10.30am. Is being late an issue in any way (otherwise I'm arriving 1am and that kinda sucks...)? Also, floor space for me too please if that happens. :)

All I need now is some good will from my better half and the event is a go... will ask tonight.

Oh this would be cool. Im still a noob so a beginner tournament would be great.

Alright, permission granted and train tickets booked. I'll be slightly late with my train arriving 11.10 Saturday morning but nothing could be done to prevent it.

I imagine I'll need to bring a sleeping bag but is sleeping mat required?

Now just need to buy actual tickets from IJW... :)

Edit: and done. All in now. :)

Going to try and make this one too, just have to consult the work shift gods lol

I can safely say that myself, AdaptUK0, Wintermute, Lupine and SacredSix will all be in attendance on the Sunday!

Ian can I run my new billboard terrain at this event? Should have enough of them ready by january for a few tables worth

Martin - floor space is reserved. :)

Adra - remind me where you're based? It looks like there will be players coming from all over for this one, it might be possible to sort out car-sharing.

Nicho & Lee - woo!

Thomas - definitely, the billboards are looking great.

Attendee list updated - note that at the moment the event is limited to 24 places on both days and is strictly first come first served in terms of tickets.

There is potential to book an extra room and tables but I'd need to know this by early January...

Oh, Sunday's a 150 doubles tourney now? I thought it was finalised to be a new players/vet split?

Depends on numbers and on how soon we all get the rulebook.

Leave submitted, now it's just a waiting game lol