The Chickenhawk

143 posts in this topic

This is pretty awesome.  Would love to see some visible weapons added to it.  Openable/removable doors would be awesome too, but if you just released a resin version of the model in that video I would buy it as is.

I am so looking forward to this... :) I'll be kitbashing as many of these as I can afford. Gunship, SAR, spec-ops, oh my!

Very nice. I think you hit the "venerable and utilitarian" nail right on the head.

I'm actually glad you didn't put weapons on it - which can easily be done "after market" anyway.

i like the music wonder what it is?

shazam dosn`t seem to know lol but i have that a lot with it.

Hi there! There were some critics about the "boxiness" of the model, not the design, it is meant to be boxy, but about this is a "straight port from paper to 3D".

I'm working on some upgrades for what is going to be called "the Super-Hawk variant", redesigned upper hull, wing and engine improvements, redesigned back ramp and redesigned cockpit... you're going to love it... right now (I'll be posting screenshots soon) it is the same old Chickenhawk but better... much better...

Stay tuned! 

:_pc__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

i like the music wonder what it is?

shazam dosn`t seem to know lol but i have that a lot with it.

Mouzerius, the music is "Peridot" from Gunnar Olsen... it is a "free to use" tune from youtube. I've been almost banned for using commercial music in other videos, so I'm using that stuff... some of it is great and retro!

Mouzerius, the music is "Peridot" from Gunnar Olsen... it is a "free to use" tune from youtube. I've been almost banned for using commercial music in other videos, so I'm using that stuff... some of it is great and retro!

Good track! Not only there's plenty of Creative Commons licensed tunes out there, but a zillion Youtube channels use the music by this guy, which is more than nice enough for most uses. These days there's no real need to touch the bannable commercial stuff :)

Yeah some Door Gun elements would be very cool.

Apart from that its perfect, My Ariadna would like to put in for 5 now and an option of lots more.  Seems some High tech crew thinks Dawn is a holiday camp..

Done! Sorry! Forgot to make it public after adding song :zombie_by_bad_blood:

Looking good! Can't wait to paint one up.

It looks OK, but the Yu-Jing one shown in antenociti blog (and never seen again) was better suited to my taste, it had a more aerodynamic look and curved surfaces.

i like the changes on the aft ramp and cockpit but personaly

i think the engine exhausts are to small for the feeling of liftling such a big machine.

i liked the big inlet and exhaust of the older one.

but thats just my two cents on it.

still super great work

:thumb-up:

It looks OK, but the Yu-Jing one shown in antenociti blog (and never seen again) was better suited to my taste, it had a more aerodynamic look and curved surfaces.

Oh its still ongoing.. with its friends also...  ;)

Very cool! Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on one!