meleemadness

Color Schemes?

35 posts in this topic

I think it is obvious that Bakunin are grey, white and orange and that Corregidor is black and red......what is the color scheme for Tunguska?  I think it is black and red like Corregidor but I'm not sure.  I really like the black and red color schemes.

You're right ;) Tunguska is black with grey and red details. Corregidor is red first, black second.

thats an orange-ish red :evil: ...but yeh...of course theres nothing saying you have to paint them that way either...

But Bakunin is orange and grey.....not red and black like the others?

Look at the newest Nomads, I'd take que from the Reverend healer that new Nomad units will be variations of the Nomad emblem colors. Sectorial Colors from most to least, Corregidor: Red, Black, Gray/white, Tunguska: Black, Red and white/Gray tie, Bakunin: equal parts White/Gray, Black, and Red.

Nice, I did notice the Reverend Healer was not the organe of the other Reverends.  I will stick to black, red and white.

I'm painting all of my nomads red, grey and black... because I can't paint white for Bakunin very well.

for me corregidor is heavy orange. together with black-white

Those are photos i found of a cool paint scheme. Sadly i'm not good at paint duty so here are the original images.

post-24269-0-00286000-1420018400_thumb.j

post-24269-0-49623800-1420018546_thumb.j

When I started painting Nomads, there were no sectorial armies yet. So I went for red and black combinqtion with white as a spot color. It somehow transcended on my Corregidor (composing most of my collection). I stay the same with Tunguska with more focus to black.

I'm probably going to go with black undersuit, darkish blue armour, white accent, orange lenses. Snow bases of some variety.

Turns out the typically red/black/white scheme for Nomads is the same as the Protectorate of Menoth army I painted last year. Need to do something else/experiment a little.

I use mustard, rust, and black, emphasizing each one for Bakunin, Corregidor, and Tunguska respectively. Then bright yellow, bright red, and grey for accents.

I went with orange black and an off white. Like everyone else making each sectoral unit stand out and green glow accents for all.

Corregidor: red-black-white

Tunguska: black-white-red

Bakunin (given to my wife): turquoise-violet-gold (and it look awesome!)

I paint my Nomads like the 90s X-Men. This was not intended, it is however a pleasant coincidence. Beware, crappy photos of not very good painting incoming (the new Grenzer is the only mini I have completed that I have got pics of)...

izbgyFbl.jpg

AiTyvqJl.jpg

NzHTSf4l.jpg

Looks good, maybe a little ink wash on the yellow portions?

The yellow is washed orange on top of a darker yellow base, and then I build it a bit.

It pops somewhat more in person than the pics maybe show?

Honestly, I'm not a very good painter but I am quite happy with how they are turning out, and I'm probably going to stick to my routine, otherwise I might panic! That said I could always return to them once I have done a few more to a nice gaming standard.

Thanks for the tip though fella, appreciated!

Oh no worries, to me it just looked really bright. (I don't even paint my own stuff...I outsource that due to limited free time)

Oh I like it bright, so that works for me!

It's Infinity so I want my guys to look all anime in style

Especially as Nomads are anime: the faction

For me, everyone is Bronze(s), and blue(s). Dead space theme FTW.  XD

For me Nomads shouldnt have uniforms, they should have indiforms. :lol:

I think probably for simplicity, nomad units are given a standardised uniform.

However, I also think that customisation of said uniform is probably allowed, or at least rules to the contrary are somewhat ignored...

That's why I field Intruders, Hellcats and will field Mobile Brigadas and Alguaciles in mixed armour (old and new models). But I keep the colours. You know why? Because it looks better for the contractor who pays us :-)