Nazroth

Scar_hand Painting (Nazroth) Gallery/Tutorials

455 posts in this topic

i like bases  they are actualy better painted them minis on them  - but over all looks way cool :)

Thanks for comments. I like the bases too - they somehow surprised me in the end. I thought to buy Micro Art Studio's Warehouse bases for my Nomads but in the end decided to make my own. Painting of the bases is simple and effective due to high contrast. Unfortunatelly it literally annihilates the brush (games workshop larde drybrush), as it is used for stippling. Now when i finally came up with colour scheme for this army im eager to paint a lot more models and work on some colours (particularly white cause i overlooked medium while painting it untill now and it is quite visible). The only thing holding me back is lack of new miniatures and once it is dealt with i hope to post new photos ASAP (usually it takes two evenings to paint such a warband). And i hope this timme they would look much better than bases themselves ;)

Regards,

These are fantastic!

I've always liked red and white, but never knew it could look this good. I'll probably be stealing this scheme for my own

The shadow effect on the bases is also great, and I love that counts as mini, you should use it as a clockmaker or whatever they're called

Great work, just a question:

How did you do the holoscreen on the InterventorDaktari?

Hello fellow citizen of Corregidor!

I see in 90% the same scheme for our cats! :D

Or you have seen my small and got inspired or our brains are working in similar way :D

You are batter painter thou!

B.R.

L.

what_is_tactics? - i had that in mind ;)

For all those who would like to add this mini to their collection it is called 'Brandy' made by MINIATURE FACTORY

Engine - It is a fragment of plastic coca-cola bottle. Just cut it out, painted, washed using Coelia Greenshade (GW's shade) and then glossed with Gloss Varnish so it regained transparency. Live looks much better than photo :)

Leigabar - our minds must been fallowing the similar path as i wasn't using any form of inspiration except from original pictures. White helmets were inspired mostly by Nomads Zeros (i find them very futuristic) and the rest just followed. Now i will gladly gaze upon your work - may still catch some good ideas ;)

Great work on the hacker screen - consider that idea stolen!

Giuseppe Valenza - thanks, it is very nice to read that :)
PS: "violent intermission" looks really cool ;)

Schhoon - be my guest. You won't believe how transparent it is once it is finished with Gloss Varnish ;)

Here's an overall photo of these minis from before satin varnish and hacker screen:

Inf%2Boverall.jpg

And here's the Necromunda table that we are currently using to play Infinity:

img4c10140cbd4fc.jpg

Nice, necromunda was such a great game, and seriously hats off for the coke bottle idea. Never would of thought of that in a million years, would you mine explaining your process for the bases?

Damn! Beautiful work! I was so proud of my yellow/white nomads, but yours reminds me, yet again, that I'm a hack.

Good job, and oh...love the holoscreen!

Great Stuff all around! I really like the contrast of the red and white...

Tyrantsdue - Thx for the kind words. Bases goes like this

1) One layer of Adeptus battlegrey or two layers of Eshin Grey (Eshin grey is almost the same but much more liquefied)

2) Army Painer Strong Tone 50:50 Soft Tone wash (50/50% Strong/Soft tone wash is an amazing old GW 'devlan mud')

3) Once more 50:50 Strong/Soft tone mixture. After that it gest really brown and dirty.

4) Use GW Medium or Large Dry Brush to stipple with: Dryad Bard/Scorched Brown.

5) Use GW Medium or Large Dry Brush to stipple with: Bestial Brown/Calthan Brown.

6) Use GW Medium or Large Dry Brush to stipple with: Macharius Solar orange/Ryza Rust.

7) Use GW Medium or Large Dry Brush to stipple with: Flayed One Flesh.

8) Highlight edges with Flayed One Flesh.

So there's no mixing paints exceopt for washes but i suggest you just mix the washes after acquiring them and use the mixture whenever you feel like using a brown wash ;)

I will make some pictures and prepare a tutorial when i get my hands on another models - hopefully in less than two weeks from now ;)

Rusty Trombone - Thank you :)

Yellow/White is a great colour scheme but it requires a really good contrast to work. White must be in the background at all the time and there should be a mminimum of one additional main colour to work with yellow.

Im not like an authority in any regard but here's what i have painted some time ago:

295413_489383624441769_388709492_n.jpg?o

img4b1054bcd77b6.jpg

Hydra - Thx dude. There's a lot of good contrast colours for Red that i was taking into consideration but white won as it gives an impression of futuristic and a bit sterile gear :) I was totally inspired by this mini when it comes to helmets:

280521-0129.jpg

THIS HELMET RULES SO MUCH! WOW SO FUTURISTIC! WOW SO STERILE! XD

Cool nomads, I like their colours a lot! And thanks for holo-cola lifehack, it was a revelation for me.

Cool nomads, I like their colours a lot! And thanks for holo-cola lifehack, it was a revelation for me.

JetMidget - a 'holo-cola' hahaha so good XD

Lovely paint job! The cherry red and white go together very well. Crisp and clean, almost makes it a shame for them to be walking on such dirty and dusty bases (which are quite lovely, as well)!

Finally i had some time to get my hands on Infinity once more. A lot of models on my desk including new Operation Icestorm starter, Penthesilea (spec. ed.), and more. Now im in the middle of a commision painting for my friend: PAN'O miniatures with something between jungle and futuristic theme. Here's the WIP:

10991349_856931244353670_144961261532194

And here's something of mine: Converted Alguaciles made of new miniatures + zeros heads :)

10351249_857103987669729_463243918766197

Cant wait to paint all of these :)

Finally im done. A lot of fun with these. I've tried to keep to a minimum f colours so that these miniatures look like a futuristic jungle fighters or something :P My friend would be happy to game them, and i think about my own Panoceanians one day. Some awesome minis there are...

10456101_858137284233066_238082967544291

10857923_858137260899735_691481988709322

1939642_858139740899487_8778565959312931

10999897_858139757566152_290364890436543

Now is the time for my own miniatures - grenzer and 5 more infantrymen... not today but should work on them in

the weekend. Can't wait...

wow i absolutely love the green, could you provide a guide for achieving that? i recently just got into infinity and for some reason im having a hard time with the painting and coming up with a scheme i like lol but i LOOVEE that!!

Hi Atek,

Glad you like it :) It is a very simple method:

Army Green (Army Painter) spray,

Goblin Green (AP),

Goblin Green (AP) + Gauss Blaster Green (GW),

Goblin Green (AP) + Gauss Blaster Green (GW) + White,

White,

All the way i've made thiner and thiner lines with each layer painted. Then i've edged all with pure white paint. After that i have applied Green Tone (AP) Ink TWO TIMES. After that i've edged all with White once more.

You may either use green spray undercoat or use airbrush instead.

And here are my own minis. Now when i've converted Auglaciles there are four new models released :P O'hell ill buy and paint them too :)

10985268_858596147520513_679360554469913

10422909_858596117520516_606677220044532

Aaaand it is done:

18497_859030514143743_372827491491697209

11020225_859030504143744_608515133825174

I've made some adjustments in black/gray outfits adding more white than usual. They look much better on the table than the first part of Nomad minis. Red and White are also a bit more fluid than last time. Still working on the colour scheme. :)