JetMidget

Jm's P-Log 2.0 [Gao-Tarsos 01/17/15]

7 posts in this topic

Love the paintjob, but the model itself reminds me to assemble her in the shotgun variant.

I have to paint my Miranda too, good job on yours

Well, did I've learned something from that miniature? Yeah, now i know for sure that I can't at all paint a damn pupil...

In case that eyes are giving you trouble, a trick to make them not only better but easier is to paint them first.

Ace, you're posting again! I was bummed out when your old log went cold.

She's a beaut, too, no question. Lovely hair, in particular, I struggle getting that to look good on models.

Can I ask you how you did the base, both colour-wise and surface-wise? It looks great, and I have some non-infinity models that could do with bases a bit like that.

Thank you all for kind words! It makes guy happy! =D

The model itself reminds me to assemble her in the shotgun variant.

But why? Isn't she valid for both loadouts?

In case that eyes are giving you trouble, a trick to make them not only better but easier is to paint them first.

Funny part is that I've painted them first. =D But as I see in guide that you provided, the eyes itself was painted in wrong sequence. Ty for link, I'll definetly try it next time.

Ace, you're posting again! I was bummed out when your old log went cold.

I'm just busy with all that university stuff: state exams, diploma and so on. =(

Can I ask you how you did the base, both colour-wise and surface-wise? It looks great, and I have some non-infinity models that could do with bases a bit like that.

Ofcourse, feel free to ask. =)
Actually, I tried to apply that non-miniature guide. I recommend you to watch that video, because it explains the nature of the pattern way better then I can. My way was too simplified. Starting with white primer, then coat all with one layer of burnt umber (all paints from vallejo MC). Then I mixed goldbrown with ice yellow (cant remember proportions, sorry) and started applying it simultaneously with burnt umber, mixing one in another. Then I painted veins with white, applying them not only on borders of main colors, but cross whole surface too. Then I applyed one glaze of goldbrownice yellow mix and one glaze of white. The last touch was to cover all with gloss varnish.

Much obliged JetMidget, and thanks for the link. I'll sit down properly tomorrow and watch it when I'm not knackered.

Uni exams, eh? Sounds very familiar.. Hope you're getting through yours ok.