FatherKnowsBest

Partner No More?

91 posts in this topic

Is Blue Table Painting no longer a partner of Corvus Belli?

They've been horribly inactive it seems in promoting the game or anything.

Which is half a shame and half not.

I liked it when the guys who were actually in to Infinity were posting on here but... They gave in because it didnt make money I guess.

Which is half a shame and half not.

I liked it when the guys who were actually in to Infinity were posting on here but... They gave in because it didnt make money I guess.

chaos_dwarf__1_by_igorvet-d610t3j.jpg

That effectively triples the price....plus the time it takes for the sun to fade the pigment.

wagner-B002BA5W3C-1-lg.jpg

Set up time- 5 minutes.

Time to paint 10000 point 40k army and Adirondack chair- 5 minutes.

Look on customers face upon completion- priceless.

blue. table. i knew there is smt suspicious about that.

Don't worry, you aren't the only one who doesn't get it.

I don't use commission painting services though so I don't get the bile.  Painting is something I do because I have to, not because I want to (and life has taught me many times, that I WILL have to do stuff I don't want to, just to be able to do the stuff I DO WANT TO).  

While I think some of the bile is excessive, I've noticed the worst of it (thankfully) hasn't come from these boards--most of what I've seen here is a bit of bemused mockery.

As for why where and wherefore:

• A pattern of reported poor value-to-cost return from the service.
  • A pattern of reported misinformation from the service. (i.e. misrepresentation of service level for cost)
  • Highly variable results, with variations usually being unfavorable to the customer. (e.g. "I paid for level 4 across several models and got level 3 on some, level 2 on others, and a few of these are level 1 at best, and 'touch up' work would require so much time, that I feel I would be better off stripping and repainting the models.")
  • A provable pattern of failing to meet deadlines.
  • Frequently reported customer service issues.
  • Frequently reported unfavorable resolution of customer service issues.
  • Obfuscation and (in some cases) fraudulent representation of their customer service practices. (e.g. the editing and reposting of correspondence with a customer to smear the complainant and remove some harsh statement by management)
  • A reported general attitude of arrogance and apathy towards the customer after payment has been received.

and, what probably bothers most posters here:

• A partnership with CB means that the behavior of this company reflects on CB themselves, and many folks would find this pattern of behavior to be completely alien to what we expect, and have experienced from CB.

I'm going with "reported" for most of this here, since I don't have any personal experience.  I don't believe everything I see on the internet, but they have had a long string of complaints and poor reviews stretching over years, and I've personally avoided BTP as a painting service for a number of reasons.  The latest high profile complaint certainly wasn't the first, although it was definitely one of the better documented issues with the company I've seen.

Don't worry, you aren't the only one who doesn't get it.

I don't use commission painting services though so I don't get the bile.  Painting is something I do because I have to, not because I want to (and life has taught me many times, that I WILL have to do stuff I don't want to, just to be able to do the stuff I DO WANT TO).

The bile isn't towards Comission painting in general, but specifically at BTP, who made a few cock ups lately, the biggest one being a Forge World Chaos Dwarf army which was frankly terrible work for the money paid, and their customer service after was pretty poor too.

they've also made statements about not hiring ex servicemen that would have them sued for discrimination in a country with non draconian employment laws.

Furthermore they pay like crap and place their workers in situations where they owe the company money (rental accommodation being well below standard etc)

Its appalling to read and basically its like reading about work practices from the beginning of the 1900's in regards to workers rights...

And, what probably bothers most posters here:

• A partnership with CB means that the behavior of this company reflects on CB themselves, and many folks would find this pattern of behavior to be completely alien to what we expect, and have experienced from CB.

I'm going with "reported" for most of this here, since I don't have any personal experience.  I don't believe everything I see on the internet, but they have had a long string of complaints and poor reviews stretching over years, and I've personally avoided BTP as a painting service for a number of reasons.  The latest high profile complaint certainly wasn't the first, although it was definitely one of the better documented issues with the company I've seen.

Exactly.

If I was CB, there would have been a "This shit stops NOW, the next report of this will result in the immediate ending of your relationship with CB and forfeiture of any funds paid to CB for damaging CB's brands by association."

Its also that they dont seem to even post infinity related things anymore, last two times I saw infinity mentioned it was

1. we have a bunch of infinity stuff in this box that can be used as a conversion to make imperial guard

2.hoping CB would make their models out of plastic or resin instead of metal

The fact that this thread has been on the front page of their subforum for so long (and the other article on the same topic) speaks volumes, this space could be used to bring in new partners that actually do stuff.

Edit: I have to retract some of my statement here as BTP has just uploaded a video on infinity, a review of the mototronica scenery pack, so there is at least some activity

Yeah, but it comes across as Mike doing it off his own back because he loves the game (Which is awesome) rather than BTP taking an active interest in the game.

I mean how much money can 10 or so model forces make them? Thats why they dont support it anymore.

Vohlere

Yeah, but it comes across as Mike doing it off his own back because he loves the game (Which is awesome) rather than BTP taking an active interest in the game.

I mean how much money can 10 or so model forces make them? Thats why they dont support it anymore.

While I think that the brothers Dunn do it for the love of it, Blue Table Painting a miniature painting service  was/is an official partner and they did actively promote the game for a spell, but then that mysteriously dropped off much like how artists there vanish themselves.  Then there was nothing at all.

Until apparently today to review the cardboard mototronic scenery....probably due to someone looking and seeing threads like this one where folks are wondering what's up.

That there is a WtF

So, you gonna buy it? :o 

Imprtant to note is tenebre (guy who recieved the shoddy chaos dwarves took a settlement with BTP but is under NDA over what he got, he seems happy) along with rumors that BTP had to use incoming orders to pay for previous debts the settlement may have broken BTPs bank.