FatherKnowsBest

Partner No More?

91 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2016 at 6:38 PM, Red Harvest said:

Naw, the owner is busy avoiding the consequences of a legal settlement.  Here ya go http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/90/706117.page#9099691    A direct link to a post on DakkaDakka with the video.  Feel free to read the entire thread.  The poster, Tenebre had quite a time with BTP.   Feel free to check out his other thread on BTP.  http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/618082.page

I hope Tenebre gets some form of compensation and that black table dry brushing is shuttered eternally.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, FatherKnowsBest said:

I hope Tenebre gets some form of compensation and that black table dry brushing is shuttered eternally.

The whole thing is just awful, really feel sorry for the guy.

Slightly on topic. I did the painting contest at feast of blades 2 years ago. Pretty much everyone I came across told me I would take first.  I ended up getting 3rd behind the two BTP guys that entered, and neither of them were at the event.  Take this with a grain of salt, but later I was told that the contest was rigged so it would be good PR for BTP, which is a huge letdown because it was a publicized crystal brush qualifier.

Here was my entry:

6421333F-78E7-438F-B8B1-FBBE847FD096_zps

And here is what took first, even published to the crystal brush site:

FOB1-SunTze.jpg

Ill let you guys decide for yourseld but that sun tze definitely looks dry brushed and similar to that guys army lol.

I could have painted that Sun Tze. That's me insulting that paint job. I am, at best, acceptable.

Wow.  The armor is just drybrushed. And there's some washes on the skin and a little edge highlighting in a few places.  Would be perfectly fine if that was a 30 min speed paint winner but there's not any technical skill shown at all.

That's crazy!! What a cheat, unreal! Yours is a work of art, the winner is ordinary at best.:streaming-mad:

Wow.  CB should really remove them after watching that video.

On 1/4/2017 at 4:26 PM, Snowball said:

Slightly on topic. I did the painting contest at feast of blades 2 years ago. Pretty much everyone I came across told me I would take first.  I ended up getting 3rd behind the two BTP guys that entered, and neither of them were at the event.  Take this with a grain of salt, but later I was told that the contest was rigged so it would be good PR for BTP, which is a huge letdown because it was a publicized crystal brush qualifier.

Here was my entry:

6421333F-78E7-438F-B8B1-FBBE847FD096_zps

And here is what took first, even published to the crystal brush site:

FOB1-SunTze.jpg

Ill let you guys decide for yourseld but that sun tze definitely looks dry brushed and similar to that guys army lol.

Well, Feast of Blades owner/operators were a wee bit...  DODGY, to say the least...

5 hours ago, A Mão Esquerda said:

Well, Feast of Blades owner/operators were a wee bit...  DODGY, to say the least...

That's putting it lightly lol. And that's why we have no more feast of blades!

13 minutes ago, Snowball said:

That's putting it lightly lol. And that's why we have no more feast of blades!

I was a diplomat.  I can be politic...

I thought it was due to the epic fail that is the current 40k edition. 

On 1/1/2017 at 0:42 PM, FatherKnowsBest said:

Tenebre has a GoFundMe page now, to get the money required to have lawyers and that sort go after Shawn.  Here ya go... EDIT:  Oops, forums rules say no-no to such links, so here is a link to the post where Tenebre discusses how he may get funds.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/180/706117.page#9123630

It is not a link to any fund-seeking site ;)

And yes, it does amuse me to post that link here.  It amuses me a lot.  It amused me more to post the direct gofundme link, but rules are rules.  Laws are laws, and those that skip out on Court Ordered payments should be held accountable.  (pun maybe intended)

Edited by Red Harvest
Forum Rules. Must Obey.

I thought he already did this once and Shawn just physically ran from the person trying to serve him.  I hope people don't end up paying to see a repeat.

Crazy that this 'partner' is even still listed here.  

Bloody hell, someone burn that sack of shit down.....

Why the fuck are these guys still here? Get rid of em CB

I think it classifies as toxic waste at this point.

Spoiler

Toxic business practices and a waste of clients' money and time.

Just FYI, Blue Table Painting is no longer listed under the Partners section of the website. So it's likely the forum admins just haven't de-activated this sub forum.