Pride of Rodina

tactica
Ariadna's Finest: Tartary Army Tactica and Hub

782 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Lazarus0909 said:

https://midnightcarnivalwmh.wordpress.com/2016/10/10/infinity-battle-report-1-ariadna-vs-aleph/ 

As promised мой друг, here's one neatly polished battle report for the Kazaks! I even managed to get photos of my second game on this table, so I'll be posting that next week as well :)  

Perfect comrade! I'll add it to the front page right now!

Also, you have some beautiful models, nice job!

Thanks! I actually have close up shots of a few of them in my Ariadna camo guide, especially in Part 2
https://midnightcarnivalwmh.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/guerilla-warfare-an-ariadna-guidebook-to-camo-orders-and-psychology-part-1/
 https://midnightcarnivalwmh.wordpress.com/2016/04/10/guerilla-warfare-an-ariadna-guidebook-to-camo-orders-and-psychology-part-2/

A friend and I have also been running a little wager to paint 25 models by the end of the year since the summer, so my various painting posts have a few more as well.
https://midnightcarnivalwmh.wordpress.com/2016/05/21/painting-progress-1/
https://midnightcarnivalwmh.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/painting-progress-2/

(Post 3 is done, I'm just waiting for a good moment to upload it!)

But basically I'm going for an abandoned urban look, like some of the places you still find out in the former eastern bloc. I've really enjoyed painting Ariadna and pretty much all my Kazaks are done bar the doc I just picked up, so I'm working through some US and scots right now. Hoping to get some nice big group shots when everything is done! 

More Kazak reps soon :) 

So, remember how I said I was going to be playing in a big tournament this weekend with my Kazaks? Some family things have come up and I had to cancel on the trip and the tournament, so I won't be playing my Kazaks this weekend and there won't be any special posts coming up.

Hopefully comrade Audun54 will have some sweet batreps, pictures, or details from the event and how his Kazaks faired!

P.S. I will continue work on an ITS Season 8 summary here soon, but it might be a few months while I type up the Ramah one too. Hopefully they will both be done by next year.

Now I have to try and take pictures :P

I'll do my best to make the Kazaks properly feared by the Human Sphere.

1 minute ago, Audun54 said:

Now I have to try and take pictures :P

I'll do my best to make the Kazaks properly feared by the Human Sphere.

Ha ha ha! No worries. I have 7 of my local players going, so I'm sure they'll have some pictures too.

I know you'll do well comrade! You are playing Kazaks after all ;) 

So Day 1 of the Iowa Incident is over and the Kazaks made a very good showing though I did not get any pictures myself there were quite a few cameras wandering around. I'll see if I can get a hold of those pictures. Strangely enough I mostly played against @Pride of Rodina's local players today in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. In order I played against Vanilla Haqqislam in Engineering Deck (Local player named Brad), Steel Phalanx in Safe Area (Charles aka IndigoJack), and Hassassin Bahram in Highly Classified (Greg, I didn't catch his screenname). Scores respectively were (first digit me, second is the opponent): 9-0 (217 vp for me, 55 for Brad), 9-0 (255 vp for me, 0 for Charles), 6-8 (199 vp for me, 93 for Greg).

The Kazaks did amazing today with them tabling the Steel Phalanx player while only losing the Dozer and the Scout! Man of the match for that one was the Spetsnaz Parachutist who walked in and proceeded to murder Machaon, 2 Myrmidons (1 in close combat) and 2 Thorakitai, followed closely by the dog warrior who killed a Myrmidon officer in close combat. Charles had some really awful luck but his tactics were spot on, my guys just would not fail ARM rolls.

Round 3 was almost a rout objective wise even though most of the Haqqislam were dead but I was able to narrow the gap by the Scout climbing down a building and booking it to the HVT to secure it, do Telemetry on a downed Ayyar and roll two Forward Observe rolls on the HVT (after he was revived earlier in one of 4 successful doctor rolls that match, 3 were on a Tankhunter). Would have pulled off a win if Greg didnt manage to revive a Muttawiah with a ranged medpack on pretty much his last order :P. Once I get some pictures and rest I will try to do a more detailed rundown.

Edit: correction, 2 were on the Tankhunter, 1 was on an Irmandinho who made two farzans reveal while knocking one down with an intuitive attack.

I am currently in 4th place and tomorrows games are Transmission Matrix and Supplies so we'll see how the Kazaks will do.

Here is the list I used in the matches so far:

logo_301.png List B
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9  orden_irregular.png1  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_3.pngSPETSNAZ (CH: Mimetism, AD: Parachutist) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 33)
logo_3.pngSPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
logo_29.png112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)
logo_5.pngTANKHUNTER Portable Autocannon, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
logo_5.pngTANKHUNTER AP HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
logo_12.pngSCOUT (Forward Observer) Ojotnik, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_17.pngKAZAK DOKTOR Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_16.pngDOG-WARRIOR 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CCW. (0 | 27)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png4  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_30.pngDOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_31.pngTRAKTOR MUL (Total Reaction) Uragan MRL / Electric Pulse. (1 | 18)
logo_31.pngTRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
logo_14.pngIRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
logo_14.pngIRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

And so concludes the Iowa Incident. After a grueling 5 rounds my Kazaks came in 3rd place overall! Last two matches were really good with the last one being an absolute nail biter. Round 4 was against Vanilla Yu Jing (local player named Adam) in Transmission Matrix and Round 5 was against JSA (Luke from Minnesota, don't remember his screenname) in Supplies. Scores respectively were (first digit me, second is the opponent): 8-4 (248 VP for me, 0 for Adam) and 3-1 (200 VP for me, 128 for Luke).

Game 1 I got really lucky with deployment and got to go first. Irmandinho on the left (the one on the right flank rolled +4 ARM on Booty!) was able to get a guilang to reveal and then knock him out which allowed the dogface to jump on him and coup de grace him, getting Extreme Prejudice. The dog then ran up, knocked out what was either a keisotsu or zhanshi, and took out his lieutenant and his engineer (maybe also a doctor? cant remember). He was promptly killed but only by making a Hac Tao reveal. While this was going on the ARM 5 Irmie killed an EVO hacker, a guilang and a palbot. Game was eventually decided in the last turn when a ninja character killed my FO kazak only to be critted by the scout using his pistol.

The other game was nasty and involved me losing the scout after he pistoled a ninja hacker to a keisotsu. But then Spetsnaz parachutist came on, killed the keisotsu and then blew apart the keisotsu link by shooting them off a roof from 16 inches away before going down to a keisotsu. opponent had two of the crates (yojimbo had grabbed one and a ninja the other, objective 3 was held all game pretty much by an Irmandinho) so most of the game was my tankhunters chasing yojimbo and the hacker around benny hill style with a 112, though I lost the AP HMG Tankhunter in his turn. Last turn I did a hail mary by running my Kazak Doctor up the left flank to the unconscious Spetsnaz, revived him, and he proceeded to spend the last two orders of his group lobbing grenades at remote who was next to an engineer that yojimbo had passed the objective to. Second grenade killed the remote and engineer causing him to drop the objective! Last orders were spent spec firing the Uragan at a keisotsu next to the ninja just because it would be funny, didn't work since I needed a 1.   

All in all an excellent tournament with the Kazaks giving their all. Shout out to all my opponents for being fantastic to play with and I look forward to any and all rematches! 

@Audun54

Congragulatuons comrade! You served Rodina quite well and showed everyone the might of the Kazaks. I'm sure everyone is quite terrified of the Kazak forces now ;) I'll definitely have to go next year and give everyone a double dose of Ariadna's finest.

Did you learn anything from the tournament or have any words about the current state of Kazaks?

I found it really effective to deploy an Irmandinho on each flank with the Dogface roughly in the center if there is an ITS building. That way you have the Dog charging forwards and distracting your opponents attention while the Irmandinhos sweep down flanks. This kind of deployment  usually meant my opponents were rarely able to get far out of their deployment zones out of fear of these impetuous guys sweeping in behind them, all the while with HMGs and Snipers providing overwatch. 

I actually found the Kazaks not really impaired by the lack of things like Fireteams or Availability issues. My force essentially could be split into three groupings that all offer support to one another. Admittedly I would love to have a 2nd paratrooper so I could have them walk in from both flanks for a pincer move but I don't want to sacrifice my sniper at this time.

19 minutes ago, Audun54 said:

I actually found the Kazaks not really impaired by the lack of things like Fireteams or Availability issues. My force essentially could be split into three groupings that all offer support to one another. Admittedly I would love to have a 2nd paratrooper so I could have them walk in from both flanks for a pincer move but I don't want to sacrifice my sniper at this time.

Well, just to say. With second para-specnaz you couldn't come from another side. Shame, but still only AD lvl1 ;(

Congrats on the third place though!

3 minutes ago, SamboR said:

Well, just to say. With second para-specnaz you couldn't come from another side. Shame, but still only AD lvl1 ;(

I was just about to say this myself, but you beat me to it ;) 

This always seemed like a weird rule, but oh well.

24 minutes ago, Audun54 said:

I found it really effective to deploy an Irmandinho on each flank with the Dogface roughly in the center if there is an ITS building. That way you have the Dog charging forwards and distracting your opponents attention while the Irmandinhos sweep down flanks. This kind of deployment  usually meant my opponents were rarely able to get far out of their deployment zones out of fear of these impetuous guys sweeping in behind them, all the while with HMGs and Snipers providing overwatch. 

I don't usually use Dogfaces myself too much, but agreed. Having Irmies on the flanks with something big and scary in the center (Tankhunters, Spetsnaz, and Veterans) is an excellent way to deploy. Nothing like a good ol' fashioned pincer. Scouts and Spetsnaz snipers just make this a whole lot harder for them.

Agreed. Fireteams really aren't crucial for us, but AVA increases would be nice. Honestly, either one of those things would just be icing on the cake at this point, because we're doing so well without either of them! It does give me hope for how strong the sectorial will be and how awesome our new units will be. Kazaks are going to be so much fun when we get an official release.

Congratulations on the third place win again!

1 hour ago, SamboR said:

Congrats on the third place though!

Ah, completely forgot about that. Still would be nice :P

Just now, Audun54 said:

Ah, completely forgot about that. Still would be nice :P

Yeah, the day we get higher AVA on Spetsnaz would be a dream come true. Higher AVA on Veterans (with more heavy weapon options) would be excellent too!

I just can't convince myself to take the Paratrooper Spets when I can have a sniper or HMG. With AVA3+, I'd have no problem convincing myself then...although, 3 Spetsnaz HMGs would be really fun ;) 

One last thought from the tournament was that I found pairing the Autocannon Tankhunter with the Sniper Spetsnaz really effective. They formed a really good one-two punch and if I reveal the Tankhunter for ARO then the opponent is still really worried about what those other 2 camo tokens nearby are. In active turn, as long as there is good of line of sight they just wreck everything on that table half in LOS by having the Spetsnaz take out ARO pieces like TR bots and the Tankhunter kills anything particularly tough.

I just find it hard to justify the Sniper Spetz. He only outperforms the HMG on targets outside of 32", and active turn performance, his burst is half. Same ammo type. 

If the Sniper had a Multisniper (Not in Ariadna, obviously) or even an AP Sniper, maybe I'd consider it. The SWC is a bit steep on that one as well, paying the full 1.5 SWC (bizarrely, especially as there is no cost increase for having Marksmanship on any of the other profiles) even though most normal snipers only pay 0.5. Considering your AVA is pretty limited for Spetzs, it's a bit of a difficult conscientious decision to take the Sniper basically. 

Two reasons I like the Sniper in my lists: 1) its 4 points cheaper then the HMG which gives me a tiny bit of extra wiggle room to take that extra Irmandinho. I know I can get that wiggle room from somewhere else but then we get to my other reason. 2) I love the Sniper aesthetic! Statistically I know the HMG is better but I love the picture of a guy being headshotted by a sniper while running across a street in ARO

Other reason for the Sniper, I don't have the mini for the HMG yet :P.

I do agree that for SWC he really should have AP to make him more appealing, The only thing I can think of is that its the Ambush Camo but the Hardcase doesn't cost SWC and its the same cost as the HMG. Honestly, I think its a typo that they will get to fixing when the sectorial comes out. 

Well if I was trying to make the Sniper work, I'd have to plan it carefully. For example, if I really want to shave off a few points, these days, I reach for the Tankhunter AP HMG. It was a model I largely disparaged compared to the Spetz HMG (and I still stand by that assessment, because the Spetz outperforms it for anything up to a Father Knight in cover).

However, the reason why he's up on my radar again is Limited Insertion, which together with Tagline means you are much more likely to see big ARM monstrosities than you ever were before. In this unique setup you can far more easily forgo a second Spetz HMG (and even take the Sniper if you like now, with the freed up AVA) because you can fit in your second camo HMG option while simultaneously having an answer to higher ARM values. The combination of all 3 (Spetz Sniper, Spetz HMG, Tankhunter HMG)is a bit expensive and high on SWC, but then again, if you're playing LI, that's not something you tend to really be afraid of doing! 

Spetsnaz Sniper's great for countering ARO pieces and making sure they can't hit you and for ARO duty. I do agree that it can be a costly pill to swallow for a niche situation when the HMG's only a few points more (I will take this to my grave until it's fixed!). If I want my Tankhunters on more active duty, then I might shift one of my Spetsnaz to ARO, sniper duty (I do miss the days of the AP Sniper Tankhunter). I rarely take the AD Spetsnaz, so I always have room for HMG's and Snipers. Spetsnaz are one of my favorite models and troops, so I always take two.

But seriously, why does it cost 1.5 SWC while the HMG only costs 1.5?! I've had this conversation before with some of the Haqq players while discussing the Zhayedan sniper and it only costing 0.5 SWC. I think it was a left over-cost from before N3 (since the Spetsnaz was released before N3) when snipers didn't have Shock, but for some reason it was never changed. I am hoping that it's changed when we finally get the official sectorial. Also hoping we see AP Sniper Tankhunters and Veteran Kazak Doctors, like back in the good ol' days!

The more I think about it, the more I reckon the Spetz Sniper should have had a T2 Sniper. Kazaks obviously have access to T2 weapons (see the Vet Kazak for example). Blackjack T2 sniper sets an obvious precedent for an expensive sniping platform, and yet a Spetz Sniper wouldn't really overlap with either it (different "durability" and flexibility) or the Cateran (who would be worse, but considerably cheaper in every way and still comes with climbing plus).   

12 minutes ago, Lazarus0909 said:

The more I think about it, the more I reckon the Spetz Sniper should have had a T2 Sniper. Kazaks obviously have access to T2 weapons (see the Vet Kazak for example). Blackjack T2 sniper sets an obvious precedent for an expensive sniping platform, and yet a Spetz Sniper wouldn't really overlap with either it (different "durability" and flexibility) or the Cateran (who would be worse, but considerably cheaper in every way and still comes with climbing plus).   

T2 with Marksmanship Lv. 1? Seems a bit overkill ;) Would be nice though and definitely fits a different niche.

I'm sure we'll get a T2 sniper in some shape or form and I don't mind the Spetsnaz sniper just having a regular sniper. I just don't want to pay that stupid amount of SWC for a regular sniper! Scout has an AP Sniper with Marksmanship Lv. 1 and is only 1 SWC. Spetsnaz should be 1 or 0.5

On 10/16/2016 at 10:31 PM, Audun54 said:

And so concludes the Iowa Incident. After a grueling 5 rounds my Kazaks came in 3rd place overall! Last two matches were really good with the last one being an absolute nail biter. Round 4 was against Vanilla Yu Jing (local player named Adam) in Transmission Matrix and Round 5 was against JSA (Luke from Minnesota, don't remember his screenname) in Supplies. Scores respectively were (first digit me, second is the opponent): 8-4 (248 VP for me, 0 for Adam) and 3-1 (200 VP for me, 128 for Luke).

Game 1 I got really lucky with deployment and got to go first. Irmandinho on the left (the one on the right flank rolled +4 ARM on Booty!) was able to get a guilang to reveal and then knock him out which allowed the dogface to jump on him and coup de grace him, getting Extreme Prejudice. The dog then ran up, knocked out what was either a keisotsu or zhanshi, and took out his lieutenant and his engineer (maybe also a doctor? cant remember). He was promptly killed but only by making a Hac Tao reveal. While this was going on the ARM 5 Irmie killed an EVO hacker, a guilang and a palbot. Game was eventually decided in the last turn when a ninja character killed my FO kazak only to be critted by the scout using his pistol.

The other game was nasty and involved me losing the scout after he pistoled a ninja hacker to a keisotsu. But then Spetsnaz parachutist came on, killed the keisotsu and then blew apart the keisotsu link by shooting them off a roof from 16 inches away before going down to a keisotsu. opponent had two of the crates (yojimbo had grabbed one and a ninja the other, objective 3 was held all game pretty much by an Irmandinho) so most of the game was my tankhunters chasing yojimbo and the hacker around benny hill style with a 112, though I lost the AP HMG Tankhunter in his turn. Last turn I did a hail mary by running my Kazak Doctor up the left flank to the unconscious Spetsnaz, revived him, and he proceeded to spend the last two orders of his group lobbing grenades at remote who was next to an engineer that yojimbo had passed the objective to. Second grenade killed the remote and engineer causing him to drop the objective! Last orders were spent spec firing the Uragan at a keisotsu next to the ninja just because it would be funny, didn't work since I needed a 1.   

All in all an excellent tournament with the Kazaks giving their all. Shout out to all my opponents for being fantastic to play with and I look forward to any and all rematches! 

I was sad we didn't get a chance to play each other during the tournament, maybe next year!

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 0:43 PM, Pride of Rodina said:

T2 .manship Lv. 1? Seems a bit overkill ;) Would be nice though senseand definitely fits a different niche.

I'm sure we'll get a T2 sniper in some shape or form and I don't mind the Spetsnaz sniper just having a regular sniper. I just don't want to pay that stupid amount of SWC for a regular sniper! Scout has an AP Sniper with Marksmanship Lv. 1 and is only 1 SWC. Spetsnaz should be 1 or 0.5

Comrade, what is this ''overkill'' you speak of? It does not make sense. 

5 hours ago, Savant said:

I was sad we didn't get a chance to play each other during the tournament, maybe next year!

I will gladly accept this challenge, consider it a call out :)