Friethjoph

Teahouse and castle building

19 posts in this topic

PROGRESS!

I had to redesign the roof 2 times today... but it is starting to gain shape!

house2_by_fabianfriethjoph-d8htpw6.jpg

Looking forward to the finished product.  :thumb-up:

If you want to build huge and modular, you can have my dream: build a mall interior. Don't forget the escalators. :)

If you want to build huge and modular, you can have my dream: build a mall interior. Don't forget the escalators. :)

And a kid sitting on it while some guy screams at him and his mom that they need to fear and respect it XD

...and you need to make at least one crowd of teenagers and another crowd of people following a fringe lifestyle (bronies, goths, etc...)

...working escalators.

And a kid sitting on it while some guy screams at him and his mom that they need to fear and respect it XD

...and you need to make at least one crowd of teenagers and another crowd of people following a fringe lifestyle (bronies, goths, etc...)

I don't want to build a mall, sorry... But Malls are often quite boxy (where the box is not a cube)

But I did the sliding doors. 0.2 mm plastics, origami paper, 0.2 mm plastics - they fit with a slight gam and easily slide! Painting will be brown for the wood.

doors_by_fabianfriethjoph-d8i9nxp.jpg

Any Ideas about how to do the Tatami-mats easily? The main building is in spraycoating.

I don't want to build a mall, sorry... But Malls are often quite boxy (where the box is not a cube)

But I did the sliding doors. 0.2 mm plastics, origami paper, 0.2 mm plastics - they fit with a slight gam and easily slide! Painting will be brown for the wood.

doors_by_fabianfriethjoph-d8i9nxp.jpg

Any Ideas about how to do the Tatami-mats easily? The main building is in spraycoating.

Awesome!

For the Tatami mats, you might just print the surface on thick paper and glue them inside your building, I did so in my Haqqislam Temple and are quite happy with it:

http://www.tabletopwelt.de/index.php?/topic/143935-zeigt-eure-gel%C3%A4ndest%C3%BCcke/#entry4214636

You can probably use some straw beach mats cut to size, with some paint, it'll probably work. 

On second thought, some place mats from some home furniture stores, etc will probably work too. Something like: marit-place-mat-beige__0092818_PE229542_

wooden and cloth blankets are too rough - but I made some tatami-mats and printed them. 20x40 mm.

And here is the house! Oh, the front doors are slideable. I work on window-frames, that can be slid behind the upper ledge and then rest on the lower windowboard.

teahouse_by_fabianfriethjoph-d8ioabs.jpg

Necromancy! Or rather project castle progress after 2 Years...

After working on ans abandoning some kind of living quarters building, I started with a gate... Which meant starting with making sketches of one of Saiki Castle. Sketches with dimensions in mm on millimeter paper. Doing so took 5 pages: Lower floor, upper floor front, sides, back and roof.

wp_20170305_17_49_25_pro_by_fabianfrieth

That was about 5 or 6 hours... Cutting the 3mm foamboard was surprisingly fast - not even half an hour. Assembly of the rock pillars and upper floor took some hour, but the thin panel edges from 2mm square wood (matches) on the upper floor took like 6 hours... Due to lack of 7mm square wood, some parts are missing and will be filled when I was at the home depot to get something like 150 cm of it. But the roof is somewhere on the way... See yourself here:

http://sta.sh/210z4wf9h2mn

Addendum:

Got myself 2000 mm of 8x8mm, that should suffice... also in the making:wall sections, 100 mm wall length each. 90°internal, 45° internal, 45° external (together they would form a recess), 2x straight.

Update time! After staining the 8x8, cutting the lengthes and assembling the upper frame, the front window lower part and the stone dropper part at the edge, it looks like this:

progress_by_fabianfriethjoph-db1my6o.jpg

Yes, you can see through the "stone dropping window", JUST enough to allow an arc of fire from someone standing inside down and vice versa. The overlays are the planned front window and the back "appendix" over the stone dropping window. Above the stonedropper, the window will be see (&shoot) through, in the front, the (red outlined) window will be so too.

A bunch of hours on the project (and countless more cramming latin) later, I managed to build both the front and back window fully, and only the roofing is missing on the stone-dropper, then two hours went into staining the thin wood... and the paneling between... and the floor and ceiling for the first floor. All with the same wood stain, a size 1 brush and aided with a hairdryer. This brings the upper floor much closer to completion!

progress2_by_fabianfriethjoph-db2y3i4.jp

On 2/17/2015 at 10:33 PM, Friethjoph said:

I've heard that denim (as in blue jean material) makes a good GS stamp.

well, good idea, but no Tatami in the guardhouse!

anyway, the lower floor is painted... next step: assemble the doorframe in a way that the doors work...

wp_20170322_12_02_31_pro_by_fabianfrieth

The best moment of building? when you realize things fall into place and just a few tiny bits remain to be placed. Like the roof on the stonedropper. Or paint the door panels. but in all essence? it is now in a playable state. Yes, that door is 40mm, and it opens up... just need to fix the sizing a tiny bit to make it fit a tiny bit better when closed... just a tiny cut along the outer corners and a tiny bit in the middle... and no, the top floor does not come glued to the gate section - they just have a socket and slot connection to prevent jiggling and quick de/reassembly

wp_20170322_18_37_08_pro_by_fabianfriethwp_20170322_18_38_18_pro_by_fabianfrieth

After retouching all the "wood" panels, adding a layer of white to the "plaster" area to dull it up, adding some scratchmarks under the door, painting the door, constructing a workind sliding door (25mm entry exacty!), adding the missing roof on the stonedropper, fixing up the tilted front roofing to be more straight and some other small things it is all finished (well, I did skip on placing the beams that should be under the roof...).

progress3_by_fabianfriethjoph-db3gedh.jp

For reference: the floor is about as high as in a District 5 building, one can't shoot "down" from the smaller window, but things one floor up are a perfect target from there.

S7: Full cover behind it, but must go around. S6: technically 4mm too tall to pass under the beams (you got to talk to your opponent there!) but would fit though the door. S5: easily passes in and through. S4: can get under from behind but not through the front. S2 & S1: only things that can get through the upper floor door (well, 0.5mm too tight in height, but demanding to not allow passage because of that would be assy).