fattyy2k

Coming Back. My Shasvasti Need Help

9 posts in this topic

Ok so I used to be a shasvasti sectorial player and I have several of the models still including a sphinx. My question is what has changed about the way I have to play as the sectorial in N3? Any and all advice for playing this game now is appreciated. I am currently pouring over the rules trying to relearn the game.

Did you play with the Campaign Paradiso rules? 

There has been a cost drop of about 5% rounded down for most troops (this is generic across all factions). Gwailos got a bit cheaper still and the Gwailo with HRL is very cheap (again HRL got much cheaper across the board).

The Spawn Embryo mode has now replaced Unconsciousness as a state of existence. So it is easier for opponents to remove Shasvastii from the table or in to retreat.

Striga lost Dogged as a skill, so Aswuang is no longer dogged and cannot heal himself anymore by sucking blood.

Because all Multi weapons have either Shock or DA ammunition they tend to kill all Shasvastii a lot easier, bypassing Spawn Embryo and Automedkits. So it is easier to get skilled outright by most opponents.

Speculo Killer got a Boarding Shotgun option and Silent movement - overall quite a bit improved. 

Snipers got better so Haiduck is a good option.

Everything else pretty much the same. Unfortunately, unlike just about any other faction or sectorial, Shasvastii got hit by the ignore stick and and virtually non of the new exciting stuff that the other factions got.

Is aswung still the go to lieutenant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, your best Lieutenant options are Aswuang and Gwailo or Sheskiin in link teams.

Here is what I have:

Starter box

Aswung

Shrouded hacker

Shrouded

Sphinx

Correction, malignos hacker not shrouded hacker

Good place to start from. I recommend adding a Noctifer and Hasht. 

Are the minelayers still a thing. Loved those guys to death

Mines took a bit of a nerf - only -3 to dodge. But generally minelayers are still a thing. with the need to complete objectives. Dr Worm is also a must have.