el Hangman

Camo, Idle, Aro Combo?

Question

Another great video by Ash!

I was curious about one of the issues that was brought up. At 18:16 Ash Idles his como token to wait for his opponent to ARO. The argument being that if he fails to Dodge then when he preforms the second part of his order and does a BS attack the opposing figure cannot shoot back, still being restricted by the camo rules. I'm not sure I understand this.

I think this may be incorrect by my understanding. As an ARO you can declare discover, dodge or hold to see what the second short order is. If you hold and the second order reveals the camouflage marker then you can declare an attack ARO. If the second order does not reveal the camouflage marker then the ARO is lost.

Which is correct? I figured I'd ask the almighty internet for enlightment!

5 answers to this question

As an ARO you can declare discover, dodge or hold to see what the second short order is. If you hold and the second order reveals the camouflage marker then you can declare an attack ARO. If the second order does not reveal the camouflage marker then the ARO is lost.

^ Correct

Of course Sixth Sense is the exception within limits

Another great video by Ash!

I was curious about one of the issues that was brought up. At 18:16 Ash Idles his como token to wait for his opponent to ARO. The argument being that if he fails to Dodge then when he preforms the second part of his order and does a BS attack the opposing figure cannot shoot back, still being restricted by the camo rules. I'm not sure I understand this.

I think this may be incorrect by my understanding. As an ARO you can declare discover, dodge or hold to see what the second short order is. If you hold and the second order reveals the camouflage marker then you can declare an attack ARO. If the second order does not reveal the camouflage marker then the ARO is lost.

Which is correct? I figured I'd ask the almighty internet for enlightment!

All of the above is correct, except for the part where the Dodge was rolled before the second skill of the Active player was declared. All of it should be declared first before any rolls are made, with ONE exception: Stealth + Silent ranged weapon from behind the target's facing.

So no, your camo troop doesn't get to see if the roll is failed prior to deciding if they want to reveal for that order. :)

Ok, let me see if I got this...Mr.Camo declares an Idle for his first short order. The camo token can choose to Discover, Dodge or wait (at this point I don't inderstand the point of Dodging). Assuming Mr.ARO waits and Mr.Camo desides to declare a BS attack, Mr.ARO can still choose a Dodge or BS attack.

It seems like in the video that, if the camo token chose to Idle as his first order, the target could only declare ARO's after the first order and that if he waited he lost them regardless of that the second short order was...or did I miss something?

What is the benefit of choosing to Dodge over waiting to respond with the ARO (besides 2 inches of free movement)?

Thanks

Mr.Camo declares an Idle for his first short order. The camo token Reactive Troop can choose to Discover, Dodge or wait (at this point I don't inderstand the point of Dodging). Assuming Mr.ARO waits and Mr.Camo desides to declare a BS attack, Mr.ARO can still choose a Dodge or BS attack.

This is correct. You would declare a Dodge here if you anticipate the Camo Marker attacking in some way and shooting back would suck too much due to modifiers, or if you just want to take your first opportunity to GTFO for any potential LoF in the future.

It seems like in the video that, if the camo token chose to Idle as his first order, the target could only declare ARO's after the first order and that if he waited he lost them regardless of that the second short order was...or did I miss something?

If you hold your ARO, you can only ARO after the second skill is declared IF the camo marker chooses to do something to reveal themselves. If they don't (like a Move - Move instead of a Move - Shoot) then you lose your chance to ARO. Basically you have to guess whether they are planning to do something where they are, or move past you to a different location.

What is the benefit of choosing to Dodge over waiting to respond with the ARO (besides 2 inches of free movement)?

If your plan is to Dodge no matter what, there is no benefit to waiting. You might hold your ARO to see what is under the camo marker, and then get a chance to shoot at it instead, but only if the camo troop chooses to reveal.