ChoKonnit

Vido Gams!

1,810 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, sonicReducer said:

Should I play BF4 or Team Fortress 2?

hard to say /..   BF 4 is slightly up dated BF 3  and currently is mostly bug free (day one .. or even first half a year was unplayable bug fest )  and Single player is (well it was duno now )  mandatory as it unlocks weapons for MP depending on your rank .. so you whant a gold rank in every single player mission

TF 2  is ...  is not BF 4  in theory for free but a lot of opportunity to buy micro transactions , if you got cool ppl to play with - a lot of fun but if you are going tro play with pug ..  you may get your selve in to a shit show highly toxic bag  of dicks  or idiots singing over vois chat all the tine , or squiling like pigs or other random highly annoing behave - things that never applea  to me was a kill time  - you can just die randomly  over and over

you may try Fistful of Frags  or Dirty Bomb 

ACTUAY :

fuck it - in GoG is MDK  for free - play this   (like 41 h to get it for free left  - and Brutal legend is  like 24 h  ) ^o^

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a Sapphire RX 580 today - took 3 months of waiting on an Amazon pre-order but finally arrived (amazing price too). I'd like to upgrade my mobo, CPU and RAM next year, probably go for Ryzen 1600

Edit: 100+ FPS on BF4 Ultra - nice

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonicReducer said:

Got a Sapphire RX 580 today - took 3 months of waiting on an Amazon pre-order but finally arrived (amazing price too). I'd like to upgrade my mobo, CPU and RAM next year, probably go for Ryzen 1600

Edit: 100+ FPS on BF4 Ultra - nice

What's your current CPU, ram and mobo set up? 

I'm trying to get an rx580 this Christmas on a sale, and then do exactly the same thing as you next year

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alphz said:

What's your current CPU, ram and mobo set up? 

I'm trying to get an rx580 this Christmas on a sale, and then do exactly the same thing as you next year

I have an i5-4460, 8GB DDR3 on a Gigabyte B85M-D2V Motherboard - built the PC about 2, 2.5 years ago so time for a boost I think. 

Would like to put in something like a Ryzen 1600 and some DDR4, so will need a new mobo too

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, I'm still using a sapphire radeon r7 265 that I salvaged from my old rig when I built my new one last January.  Seems to be punching well above it's weight but then I'm not play AAA new releases.

handles elite dangerous and skyrim well enough, so will probably keep it going another year before I even consider upgrading.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, leigen_zero said:

Meh, I'm still using a sapphire radeon r7 265 that I salvaged from my old rig when I built my new one last January.  Seems to be punching well above it's weight but then I'm not play AAA new releases.

handles elite dangerous and skyrim well enough, so will probably keep it going another year before I even consider upgrading.

I was very happy with my 280x and because of the GPU shortage and high prices I had resigned myself to waiting at least another year before I had £300 or so for a new GPU. I was ridiculously lucky with this 580. Saw a post on Reddit that Amazon were taking preorders at £220 (RRP is around £270). I thought I may as well chuck in an order, can always cancel it if I don't have the money.

Price dropped to £200. Then dropped again to £102.50. I have no idea why they dropped it that low and I fully expected my order to be cancelled. Saw this happened to quite a few people who were notified by email. Checked my bank account last week and saw I had been charged £102.50 and then had a tracking number for the delivery (it came from France, no idea why). Pre-order took 3 months but I'm really happy I got the thing. 


Also I finished Alien: Isolation tonight. Great game

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking about upgrading, but real life(tm) keeps it at bay, plus my monitor's real old too, so it's kinda pointless upgrading the one without the other if you catch my drift.

Human's only need one kidney, right?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup I'm in the same boat. Got a new GPU, deserves a new CPU I guess. And some DDR4 RAM. Both need a new mobo. Gotta get a bigger case then. If I'm getting a new case might as well get some decent fans in there. Hey, I'm spending the money might as well get a new mech keyboard. And with this extra power it would be stupid not to get a 144HZ monitor ...

Oh, I have no money. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites