Talamare

Tunguska Sectorial

300 posts in this topic

Sadly, Upon N3 I feel a bit of a disconnect to the Bakunin I loved so much before. Everything, despite the massive points reduction, feel lacking or less interesting now. While the Tunguska from before feel pretty amazing. We desperately need Tunguska to become a true Sectorial until then, here is what we have so far.

Securitate

Interventors

Grenzers

Szalamandra

Spektr

Things Tunguska lacks

Low cost Li

Heavy

Probably another interesting Mi

Out of curiosity, why do you find Bakunin less interesting? If anything Bakunin has some of the (imo) more interesting profiles in the game, such as Avicenna, Morlocks, Uberfallkommando, Sin-Eaters, and Prowlers.

Sadly, Upon N3 I feel a bit of a disconnect to the Bakunin I loved so much before. Everything, despite the massive points reduction, feel lacking or less interesting now. While the Tunguska from before feel pretty amazing. We desperately need Tunguska to become a true Sectorial until then, here is what we have so far.

Securitate

Interventors

Grenzers

Szalamandra

Spektr

Things Tunguska lacks

Low cost Li

Heavy

Probably another interesting Mi

Bostria has spoken a couple of times about a unit called "Hollow Men" from Tunguska, some kind of assasins with holoproyector lvl2. I also remember Gutier saying that Tunguska will be the "high tech" faction in Nomads. Another unit mentioned and seen in the first ed infinity book (not N3) was the Kriza Boracs (croatian I believe meaning crisis soldiers) some sort of infiltrating to/camo HI.

I wouldn't expect a cheap LI, I think Tuguska sectorial will be very elite, look at securitates, they might be expensive but they have a very good profile, same for grenzers, spekters and Szalamander, they tend to be very good in comparison to their peers. At a price of course.

It is probably a safe assumption you can add all the REMs to that list.  That at least broadens out what is available to the "in theme only 'sectorial'" in the here and now.

Heh, I entirely agree that Tunguska needs more.  I even wrote this article a while back, exploring what Tunguska has, what it's missing, and what it could get to make it interesting.

Tunguska has that sort of Aleph Vedic feel to them, in that all of their units are elites in their own respective fields. So they're units are probably going to cost more than average Nomad troops, but will have the equipment or skills to make up for it, like Devas for example.

Their LI probably won't have NWI like Devas as they're not androids, but they could have mimetism, bioimmunity with high BTS, etc.

Their LI are the Securitate. ;)

And as usually would love Saito Togan in Tunguska!

I have heard the Securitate are getting an entire reworking with Acheron Falls.

Also I have heard rumors that the Kriza Boracs would be support HI a la Azra'il or Yan Huo

That would do a lot to even out the current options. I have been a solid Tunguska  player and right now they are quite effective because of the changes to Hacking.

I would like to see some new EVO style rules come out in acheron falls, BTS is quite hard to cut through with fairy dust and tinbots.

Also would like interventor morgana, maybe she could be a basic interventor with +1 wip and inbuilt evo repeater and possibly using one of those sophotect movement disk things

....one of those sophotect movement disk things

Its not a movement thing, its called a Nanoforge for assisting in repairing bodies and tech. ;)

Yeah, Kriza Borac means Crisis Soldier in Serbian/Croatian when you translate it literally but sounds dumb, like bad google translation dumb, in my native language. But I guess most people don't really care :-D

Also, presence of Croatian troops ( Grenzer ) made me start Nomad army, so go go Tunguska Sectorial :-)

@ LaughinGod - good for you I'm still waiting for unit named "Winged Huzars"  Ad3 HI will be ok or something like Geckos :D

Back on topic. From my perspective it will be quite reasonable to expect some cheep (by Tunguska standards) TO camo units, and other HiTec stuff and incresed AVA of Spectras to lets say 5 maybe?

B.R.

L. 

Personally, I'm hoping Tunguska gets a character Spektr....

It may or may not have been encouraged by the first photo of Deadshot in full combat gear.

CEH0cMSUUAA_sJD.jpg

Personally, I'm hoping Tunguska gets a character Spektr....

It may or may not have been encouraged by the first photo of Deadshot in full combat gear.

CEH0cMSUUAA_sJD.jpg

why did he put a target on his chest

@ Mothman - Suicide Squad you know :D

B.R.

L.

I think in an old thread on this topic they came to the conclusion Kriza Borac's were not TO. They are shown in a small comic with x-visors, then Spektrs are shown being shot at while de-cloaking. This lead some to misremember. KB's are just shown as having x-visors, which is exciting.

It seems like Tunguska will be pretty mean at a range with sniper and sensor Grenzers, x-visor Kriza Boracs, and hmg Securitates. And then Holomen, Spektrs, and remotes to rush up.

Sounds fun so far! For cheap light infantry maybe they would just pay Alguacils? Why waste Tunguskan personel?

Ps - Will Smith Deadshot would actually be a sweet Grenzer with Sensor... just add tacti-cool trench coat

For cheap light infantry maybe they would just pay Alguacils? Why waste Tunguskan personel?

That's a good point. Haqqislam and PanO already share their Fusiliers and Ghulams across sectorials.

I'm not sure about the securitate rewrite though. I've only seen it rumored by players then recirculated by players. It's just a rumor.

I think it's that Securitate are just appallingly bad for their points.

Really hope they have Alguacils, id play that sectorial in that case.

I doubt they will have Algus, it would ve like having keisotsu in the IS or Seed Soldiers in MAF

Securitate rewrite is a given, how much is another question but after seeing the Zanying profile I'd say CB can do something pretty great with them.

Honestly, if a securitate was basically a moderator but a little better, I'd be pretty chuffed with that. I don't mind if they lose 6th sense, but I hope they keep the repeaters. That would just be pretty neat and keeps to their flavor I think.

I would like Securitate be the Nomad equivalent to Kamau and Muyibs, elite, highly prepared line infantry.

I doubt they will have Algus, it would ve like having keisotsu in the IS or Seed Soldiers in MAF

Its a bit different though, since Alguaciles show up in QK, and if some Haqq merchants can hire them, why shouldn't the friendly neighbors be able to do it too. ;)

With a low AVA like 3 or 4 I can totally see it too.

Its a bit different though, since Alguaciles show up in QK, and if some Haqq merchants can hire them, why shouldn't the friendly neighbors be able to do it too. ;)

With a low AVA like 3 or 4 I can totally see it too.

theyre also in space-france too!

I would like Securitate be the Nomad equivalent to Kamau and Muyibs, elite, highly prepared line infantry.

Which is exactly what they are: SS2, LShotgun, Combi Rifle, Repeater.

Looks very prepared imho. Especially prepared in a very Nomad style.

And i can't count how often my unlinked SS2 Hacker screwed some stealthed HI/Hackers plans B)

I really hope they get Haris.