Talamare

Tunguska Sectorial

300 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Darkvortex87 said:

if the securitate got "fireteam: Duo (any rem)" that would be really really cool.

problem is that you can only have 1 duo linkteam, but it would be cool anyway.

You can have as many Duos as you want! :lol:

JaëgerZond: 

MOV 6-4, CC 8, BS 12, PH 11, WIP 13, ARM 3, BTS 6, STR 1, S4

Climbing+, Multiterrain, MSV L2, G:Remote

MULTI SNIPER Rifle, E/Mauler, ZondBot MkII / Electric Pulse

MULTISniper Rifle, 2x Arkrlyat Kanone, ZondBot MKII / Electric Pulse

Heavy Shotgun, E/M LGL, ZondBot MKII / Electric Pulse

Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, E/Mauler, ZondBot MkII / Electric Pulse

SMART ML, Heavy Pistol, ZondBot MKII / Electric Pulse

ZONDBOT MKII:

MOV 6-4, CC 8, BS 11, PH 8, WIP 12, ARM 0, BTS 3, STR 1, S4

Super-Jump, Mimetism, Repeater, G:Sync

Flashpulse, Zero Vis LGL / Electric Pulse

Developed after suffering heavy losses to the Sphinx and Avatar-type TAGs, a need for something to counter these heavy, shrouded units arose. Praxis engineering and Tunguskan backing resulted in the JaëgerZond. Equipped with advanced visors, high mobility, and powerful weaponry it is uniquely suited to punch well above its weight. However, the bulk and weight of the complex optics, processing, and anti-TAG weaponry resulted in the need to package a Repeater and defensive capability on a separate platform. Thus, the ZondBot MkII -- stripped of its advanced programming that allowed surgery or field engineering, and replaced with a Zero-Vis smoke launcher and a Repeater. 

Max Burst 2, incapable of suppressive fire, incapable of prone or Cautious Movement... But capable of negating nearly all negative modifier, and able to out range nearly every TAG. Best employed dancing around the board edges... Works exactly as intended. Can be Overclocked, too, but isn't going to go on a rampage against Link Teams.

Leaving aside how broken a 6-4 Move HSG/EM LGL MSV2 REM can be when you look at how much smoke we have in Vanilla (particularly since you can do change facing Shenanigans with the Zondbot): you're looking at 40pt+ single wound S4 model that's a hot mess of wishful thinking.

It's also got a better Auxbot than the Guarda (it's also arguably better than Devabot Charybdis so 8-10pts alone).

REMs also tend to have limited profiles: maxing at 2 for Tsyklons and Lunokhods.

Tl;dr it's not even semi plausible.

And it can't be overclocked (no repeater): you have to Enhanced Reaction it through the Zondbot's repeater.

19 minutes ago, inane.imp said:

Leaving aside how broken a 6-4 Move HSG/EM LGL MSV2 REM can be when you look at how much smoke we have in Vanilla (particularly since you can do change facing Shenanigans with the Zondbot): you're looking at 40pt+ single wound S4 model that's a hot mess of wishful thinking.

It's also got a better Auxbot than the Guarda (it's also arguably better than Devabot Charybdis so 8-10pts alone).

REMs also tend to have limited profiles: maxing at 2 for Tsyklons and Lunokhods.

Tl;dr it's not even semi plausible.

And it can't be overclocked (no repeater): you have to Enhanced Reaction it through the Zondbot's repeater.

So... You're saying it's very expensive, good, but fragile? Huh. Almost like that was intended...

Thanks for the correction on Overclock/Enhanced Reaction. 

I dunno. Limit the profiles to the MSR ones and drop BS in the bot to 10 BS (maybe drop FP) and the only unlikely thing is Nomads getting any other MSV2.

Not having any form of repeater built in could help a lot in balance, that way all programs are more difficult to put on.

The main problem is that it could actually still be too cheap for a MSV2 in Nomads.

Interesting.  I can't help but compare it to other g:synch platforms.  I feel like it runs into the same design issues as PanO has, with its de facto Auxbot and adding another source of MSV2.  It's hard to know if CB's drawing a line with their g:synch platforms.  Auxbots are Hackable, no Mimetism, BS10 (even on the Auxbot_2 which has BS-based weaponry.)  S1 and 6-4 are great on them though, since they can line up impact or direct template shots very easily and can stay out of the way of their handler.  

Chaksa fair a bit better though.  BS11 with Mimetism and a Pistol when your target also has to worry about a Spitfire is very good.

It would be a great way for MSV2 to be added to the Sectorial, and Tunguska could certainly design/steal enough knowledge to justify g:synch.  The problem, as insane.imp mentioned, is the application in Vanilla.  Vanilla interactions have a way of hamstringing plenty of excellent Infinity ideas.

1 hour ago, Barakiel said:

The problem, as insane.imp mentioned, is the application in Vanilla.  

Not that I disagree with the implication, but it's "inane" :P

And the way I see it, Vanilla is more important. If it became a problem I'd rather scrap sectorials.

You can always add SWC to the Vanilla version as well.

Why not copy PanO and others in getting other factions things in the sectorial?

You know like PanO and Yu-Jing having Aleph help.

Of course we wouldnot get aleph's petty things.... But you know we could get things, brought in as "bought by bankers" or "war treasure" or "we kinda found it in espace, drifting in an abandoned cargo ship".... This way we'd séparate it from vanilla easily.

2 minutes ago, Alkymedes said:

Why not copy PanO and others in getting other factions things in the sectorial?

You know like PanO and Yu-Jing having Aleph help.

Of course we wouldnot get aleph's petty things.... But you know we could get things, brought in as "bought by bankers" or "war treasure" or "we kinda found it in espace, drifting in an abandoned cargo ship".... This way we'd séparate it from vanilla easily.

I think folks are already thinking about that, with the suggestion of Druze or other Merc units that fit the bill for Tunguska.  That was buried quite a few pages back.  

5 minutes ago, Barakiel said:

I think folks are already thinking about that, with the suggestion of Druze or other Merc units that fit the bill for Tunguska.  That was buried quite a few pages back.  

Oh yeah i know, i mean i remembered afterwhile ;)

So much speculation i kinda lose track of all of it

There's 3 different threads I think

The 'ALIVE' Team should have just been the Tunguska Sectorial release.

I reckon G-Sync stuff in Nomads should be like Pupniks, basically. We've seen a combat Pupnik, maybe a search and destroy one? Sensor, biometric visor or something like that

Apart from rules... I really liked that sketch some while ago of a Securitate. A style like in the movie Equilibrium would be awesome for that models.

Personnaly, a simple Haris of securitate + interventor would make my day.

Personnaly, a simple Haris of securitate + interventor would make my day.

If Interventor can go into a link I'm really hoping for a 4+. SSL2 is very strong for hackers. And Interventors do need something to give them a boost over Dansavas.

Something like Reverend Healers where you can add an Interventor to appropriate core links (ie Securitae and Grenzers) would be great.

Of course we'd want SSL2, but i really expect one of puppetactica or zondnauts or whatever to be Linkable Rems for Interventors, like a mix between Ikadron and dakinis. 

Right now, we have that shiny BTS9 over the Danavas, but maybe some point wizard to compare the Danavas and Interventor. right now the differences are CC+2, PH+1, BTS-6, V:Courage, Pitcher, Breaker pistol and Maestro Upgrade. So yeah BTS9 is very strong, but come on....

I totally agree on a special core FT including Grenzer/securitate/interventor, similar in rules as the reverend one. But it surely won't include Grenzers as they're MI and securitates/interventors are LI, so it would have to be another LI Option imho. and if they put securitate in FT:Core i hope they'd get choice between SSL2 and something else.

31 minutes ago, Alkymedes said:

But it surely won't include Grenzers as they're MI and securitates/interventors are LI, so it would have to be another LI Option imho.

ISS already has the option to have mixed LI/HI links, so there's precedent for mixing troop types in both Haris and Core teams.

It would be interesting as folks have been saying above if we get to have mixed fireteams with LI/MI/HI and REMs. Combined can already have REMs in a core and throw supportware on them. We're getting some new zonds so they can make sure to balance for that and only allow us to link with the new REMs or something.

I think Interventor are good as they are...i think, of course, they could just give an upgrade to their programs or a skill to help them in their hacking.

Maybe SS1? right now they seems a bit too much "vanilla" (and really, BTS 9 with those KHD is pretty useless)

Of course we'd want SSL2, but i really expect one of puppetactica or zondnauts or whatever to be Linkable Rems for Interventors, like a mix between Ikadron and dakinis. 

Right now, we have that shiny BTS9 over the Danavas, but maybe some point wizard to compare the Danavas and Interventor. right now the differences are CC+2, PH+1, BTS-6, V:Courage, Pitcher, Breaker pistol and Maestro Upgrade. So yeah BTS9 is very strong, but come on....

I totally agree on a special core FT including Grenzer/securitate/interventor, similar in rules as the reverend one. But it surely won't include Grenzers as they're MI and securitates/interventors are LI, so it would have to be another LI Option imho. and if they put securitate in FT:Core i hope they'd get choice between SSL2 and something else.

I did. Maestro is just that good that the Dansavas HD+ outhacks the Interventor HD+ in pretty well every scenario.

In hacking stats the Dansavas is +3WIP, - 2BTS on reactive and also gets a decent B2 Sword programme on active.

Interventor KHD is still the best anti-hacker.

I've been thinking about how to make Morgana work without simply being a replacement for a regular Interventor. 

One of the concepts I've been toying with that strikes me as really interesting is WHD+second hacking device on a profile that can make some use of it for combat related shenanigans.

Morgana

MOV CC BS PH WIP ARM BTS W S
4-4    14  12  10  15    1       9      1  2 

Equipment: White Hacking Device

Morgana (Assault Hacking Device Upgrade Icebreaker) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Pistol, Knife, 1 Fast Panda 33/0.5SWC
Morgana (Killer Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Pistol, Knife, 1 Fast Panda 30/0.5SWC

Recognisably an Interventor; but doesn't step on the Interventor HD+'s toes and at +10pts/0.5SWC it's a significant tax on the Interventor KHD.

13 minutes ago, inane.imp said:

I've been thinking about how to make Morgana work without simply being a replacement for a regular Interventor. 

One of the concepts I've been toying with that strikes me as really interesting is WHD+second hacking device on a profile that can make some use of it for combat related shenanigans.

Morgana

MOV CC BS PH WIP ARM BTS W S
4-4    14  12  10  15    1       9      1  2 

Equipment: White Hacking Device

Morgana (Assault Hacking Device Upgrade Icebreaker) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Pistol, Knife, 1 Fast Panda 33/0.5SWC
Morgana (Killer Hacking Device Upgrade Lightning) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Pistol, Knife, 1 Fast Panda 30/0.5SWC

Recognisably an Interventor; but doesn't step on the Interventor HD+'s toes and at +10pts/0.5SWC it's a significant tax on the Interventor KHD.

Morgana will basically use WHD just to avoid Surprise shot and gain SSL1, because WHD programs are still terribad

If your interventor KHD get hacked by a KHD, just use Lightning

If your interventor HD+ get hacked by a KHD, pray and use Breakwater hoping to finish his order, or else pray stronger and use Sucker punch

Interventors are incredibly good and in no way need a buff.

Morgana, if we see her, should get some stuff that reflects the background, whatever that is. Personally? I'd make her a BS 12, ARM 2, Surprise Shot L2 (for Cybermask interaction) Interventor with some sort of superior gun over a combi like a Marksman Rifle or Assault Pistol, so you can take Interventor or you can take slightly more combat capable Interventor.

I still prefer a guy with a jetpack and a shotgun to kill hackers, but having all those "may as well throw KHD on" guys get punished when my Iguana comes around with an Interventor KHD is cool. I like when people think they found a freebie bonus to take and I can punish them for it.

Interventors are incredibly good and in no way need a buff.

Morgana, if we see her, should get some stuff that reflects the background, whatever that is. Personally? I'd make her a BS 12, ARM 2, Surprise Shot L2 (for Cybermask interaction) Interventor with some sort of superior gun over a combi like a Marksman Rifle or Assault Pistol, so you can take Interventor or you can take slightly more combat capable Interventor.

I agree. Interventors don't need a buff (which is why WHD + Lightning is probably too far). But a character Interventor would be cool. The difficulty is then making it different, interesting but not OP.

That's what I was going for with the WHD: effectively a SS Hacker that loses it's support role but gains combat ability. Personally I find WHD + KHD an interesting set of programmes: the programmes I miss most on my KHD/AHDs are Gadget 1/Shield 1 programmes.

I like your Surprise Shot L2 idea. You can easily merge the two ideas (give the AHD version Cybermask as an upgrade programme).