Noirfatale

Scylla Steel Phallanx Nco

359 posts in this topic

Drakios's Devabots do not have repeaters - so that wouldn't work.

Oh huh, I missed that. Hmm.

If you take off all the equipment and leave her with a Boarding Shotgun and Pistol she's about 14pt, which is right on the dot for the stat line.

Also, Drakios' Devabots don't have Repeaters, huzzah!

I'm pretty sure that Achilles already fills the role of TAG.

It was sarcasm mode. Phalanx sure as hell don't need a full TAG. But while we're talking about filling gaps...

Since there's nothing 'fancy' about Scylla her biggest defining feature is the ability to take a wide Repeater net with her. It's very strong.

It was sarcasm mode. Phalanx sure as hell don't need a full TAG. But while we're talking about filling gaps...

Since there's nothing 'fancy' about Scylla her biggest defining feature is the ability to take a wide Repeater net with her. It's very strong.

I can never tell online. 

There is an amusing conflict with fluff. Statistically she has absolutely nothing outstanding about her. Completely average WIP and BTS. No skills. Its like they gave a run of the mill lhost an HD and two devabots with repeaters duct taped to em and called her a legend.

Well, I just tend to expect a unit fluff to pump them up beyond their table performance, typically. Many units don't live up to their reputation I. That regard.

However, she does seem to be at an odd price point, compared to Thamyris. I don't think she's bad, and her Hacking Area out of the box is certainly appealing, and fairly unique. Dropping the Devabot from the HD profile leaves her at 28 points, I'm guessing the E/M CCW is 1-2 points, and the Boarding Shotgun. The Assault Pistol is approximately 1 point over the Pistol (thought it would be more), and is of comparable effectiveness to a Boarding Shotgun. They end up being nearly the same price, but that's not factoring his Markers (which can similarly increase Hacking range, but don't burn people) or his NWI or his +1 WIP.

I'm a tad surprised she isn't WIP 14, being that both Ekdromoi and Thamyris are 14, and it makes her tied with a standard Myrmidon. Certainly not a deal-breaker, by any means, but odd, as most characters (in most factions) gain a WIP bonus.

I have a feeling either she'll get NWI, or is going to be modified in Human Sphere N3, as she just seems off.

I'm not sold on Achilles filling a TAG role, especially with rapid decay armor and frenzy.

Let's put it this way, I never conflate his effectiveness with that of my TAGs, the Marut and Dragoes.

He's a premium HI.

I'm not sold on Achilles filling a TAG role, especially with rapid decay armor and frenzy.

Let's put it this way, I never conflate his effectiveness with that of my TAGs, the Marut and Dragoes.

He's a premium HI.

I'd put him more in the range of a light tag such as the Iguana, Gecko, or Seraph.  The ODD more than makes up the difference in ARM and he dodges far more effectively. 

It is odd that she doesn't have V: courage

I think that makes her the only Steel Phalanx troop without it.

There's also something weird going on with their Devabots. Scylla's are listed at 7 pts apiece, but it costs only 4 to add a second one. Also, only one Devabot shows in pdf, regardless of the number taken.

Yeah, what up with that? How can they cost 7 pts but the second one only costs 4?

It is odd that she doesn't have V: courage

I think that makes her the only Steel Phalanx troop without it.

Thorakitai do not have it either.

Don't forget that it also exposes her, and all hackers in her army, to being hacked through their firewalls. Sure, there's a WIP penalty and BTS boost... but flooding the table with repeaters carries its own risk.

Camo TO Camo Infiltrator. And a TAG :P

If you wanted to be a vanilla faction and sectorial with all perks of both you should've said so from the begining mama CB provides.

Thorakitai do not have it either.

Or Atalanta!

Oh no wait thorakitai, tharysmedes and atalanta don't either.

Which is really odd for Atalanta since Agema do have it.

Yeah, what up with that? How can they cost 7 pts but the second one only costs 4?

Diminishing returns, maybe?  I dunno. :(

Overall Scylla just feels odd to me. The lack of skills and the WIP 13 make me feel like we're missing something; like the profile isn't quite complete and its waiting for something that shows up in Human Sphere.

Either that or I'm overthinking things and the repeaterbot hacking net is exactly the tactic CB intended for her.

Overall Scylla just feels odd to me. The lack of skills and the WIP 13 make me feel like we're missing something; like the profile isn't quite complete and its waiting for something that shows up in Human Sphere.

Either that or I'm overthinking things and the repeaterbot hacking net is exactly the tactic CB intended for her.

Don't forget that it is a pair of HFTs and a boarding shotgun that can fire with a single order. Hacking isn't the only thing she is good at (and lets be realistic here, a WIP 13 hacker with the option of HD or AHD and 1-2 pocket repeaters is far better than most factions).

OK so figure out what is being added to SP.

Greater access to fire ammunition.

Proliferation of chain rifle myrms and thoras already had templates covered, but fire has utilities.

The counter point is that the most taken, and by some estimations, most powerful model in the sectorial is Phoenix... Who uses fire ammo.

Drakios has some parity in costing and effectiveness to Phoenix, so I guess he's just a new option that can exploit high terrain density or enemies vulnerable to fire who rely on camo.

Drakios has some parity in costing and effectiveness to Phoenix, so I guess he's just a new option that can exploit high terrain density or enemies vulnerable to fire who rely on camo.

That's a lot of words for "Tohaa". :)

Edit: missed the camo bit. (Hangs head in shame)

Bring em all. Scylla +2 Devas, Drakios +2 Devas. Phoenix in a link team, Thrasymedes in a link team. Fire Fire Fire! :P

This is simply Aleph' answer to Kaeltar and their SymbioMates. "So we've heard you can withstand one more hit from fire ammo now? Cute..." :P

You mean Phoenix and Thrasymedes in a Fireteam?  B)

I have an easy solution to Drakios: Nikoul.  No ODD?  Amazing!  So I just snipe him and his bots go offline?  I'm loving it!  

@Dude: there there, some tohaa have camo.

*Looks at Scylla. Looks at all other Hackers. Fails to find any other Hacker in the game that can get a 23" hacking range* in one Order and hack in that same Order. Looks at players complaining about the unit and gives up...* ;)

*8" ZoC for the Devabot plus 6" sacrificial move of a Devabot plus 8" Repeater ZoC plus 1" base width. Interventors and Custodiers wish they had that kind of Order efficiency!

Am I missing something? Scylla's devabot(s) have a built in repeater, not deployable repeaters. So devabot moves 6, then Scylla can hack anything in the devabots ZoC, which gives a 14" hack range.