84 posts in this topic

Ok, so I caught up on my Mayacast listening and one of the upcoming releases is to be a boxed set of Naffatun.  I think to myself, "Why?" and ponder.

Is there really a market for a box of four figures that cover a grand total of 2 equipment loadouts?

So I'm going to slap my internets penny down on an additional new profile(s) to come with the box.  Because then they can sell one with a rifle/heavy flamethrower, rifle/light flamethrower, a generic we-can't-tell-what-it-is, and then... the new one.

My vote is for heavy rocket launcher.

/troll discuss.  :)

Yeah, it's late.

Fire grenades.

Or viral grenades.

Oh god no.

On a totally side note, someone once mentioned there was 'a list' of link-able models that could not be violated?

EDIT:  Found it. :)

Fire LGL, Fire HGL, Fire LRL, Fire HRL, Fire shotguns, Fire HMG, etc.

I'd think it more likely to include D-charges and/or possibly DEP/Panzerfaust than super grenades.  :P

My guess is maybe a rebox of the two in the blister, one with LFT, and one with grenades, and no new profiles.

Boooooo!

Mayacast was certain it was a box of four.  I can't imagine that would sell in and of itself.  :(

Fire grenades.

Or viral grenades.

That would be SICKKKKK

Maybe a heavy shotgun profile, doesn't a flame shotgun exist in the combined army? They could have that I guess. It'd be cool if nothing else.

I'm just looking forward to see the sectorial image on their boxed set; Caliphate or Khanate.

I only own the starter LFT, so with this box I can (hopefully) form a linkteam in their sectorial quickly.

Love their style, but haven't got around using them much playing mainly sectorials.

I am really hoping for Caliphate btw.

I think it's because they'll be linkable in future sectorials.

The models are getting on in age. They're in much the same position as the Galwegians; the models are old, but still really quite good. I guess CB decided to do a new lot of them.

I doubt we'll see any new profiles, though the idea of a Vulkan Shotgun profile does intrigue me and make me want to subscribe to a magazine or other publication.

I just hope we get a 2 male/2 female split instead of the sausage party that a lot of boxes have been lately. The fact that the old Naffatuns had female models was one of my favourite things about them (That and the fact that Naffatuns are just amazing units).

Except Galwegians (based on male actors) and Morat releases (male dominant since the start) and Jaguars (yeah, no excuse here..or are these gangs they're based on male-only?) every box has been 50/50 split, right?

Except Galwegians (based on male actors) and Morat releases (male dominant since the start) and Jaguars (yeah, no excuse here..or are these gangs they're based on male-only?) every box has been 50/50 split, right?

Briscards, Scots Guard, Kaplans, Sekban... there's actually been a few that didn't really have any real reason. I'm not going to bitch and moan too much because enough threads already turn into *that* thread but its always struck me as curious why some boxes are male only and others aren't.

Annoyingly I have 2 sitting in a blister :(

I'm guessing no new profiles, 3 HFT models and one LFT model.

New profiles would be nice to make them more relevant again.

I have the 2 HFT minis, I think they are excellent. I can see why the LFT mini may need redoing but the other 2 are some of my favourites of the range. I doubt I would pick up the new box unless they are incredible, I have too much unpainted as it is

Briscards, Scots Guard, Kaplans, Sekban... there's actually been a few that didn't really have any real reason. I'm not going to bitch and moan too much because enough threads already turn into *that* thread but its always struck me as curious why some boxes are male only and others aren't.

Mainly development time. It's easier to design one set of armour and build it around one or two male dollies. Also, for people new at the hobby, they are easier to assemble than the thin female minis - which now have an additional leg component.

Ironically, one of the reasons you are seeing this is because of the excessive amount of resources devoted to ALEPH character development. Virtually every one of them is unique and will not see anything reused (one of them - Penny - even has a variant sculpt).

Annoyingly I have 2 sitting in a blister :(

I'm guessing no new profiles, 3 HFT models and one LFT model.

New profiles would be nice to make them more relevant again.

I'd rather have 3 LFT and 1 HFT, or a 50/50 split.

LG G2

Al Medinat is looking better each day, Kawarijs, Tarik, Naffatun...

11218248_10153018556083842_1838150284525

Al Medinat is looking better each day, Kawarijs, Tarik, Naffatun...

11218248_10153018556083842_1838150284525

Source?

It was on Infinity's Facebook; Bostria reposted it.

Awesome! I have 3 but those looks great. And look at their little mittens!

Does Naffatun mean kangaroo in Arabic ? Or backpacker ? 

Don't get why all them bags.

Also, expect sausage fest since they didn't link any concept for female kangaroo...I mean, naffatun.