84 posts in this topic

Two HFT, one LFT, one grenade. Identical digitally sculpted torsos.Three near identical digitally sculpted heads with one repeat. All with digitally sculpted armor from another model.

Zhayedans, of course! Shows that I have yet to get a few N3 games under my belt. 

Ghulams may be in there, although I'd like a different line infantry (If the Naffatûn don't fulfill that role for the Caliphate, that I don't really see them doing) to show the Sectorial's high-tech, elite feel.

And the Ahl-Fassed, with their shady ethics and not really high-tech kit (Basic powered armour, no real high-tech weapons to speak of) I think would be quite definitely Khanate.

I would bet Saladin is there too. So we've got:

LI: Naffatun (linkable), Ghulams (linkable), Zhayedans (linkable), Khawarijs (linkable), Tarik Mansuri

MI: Saladin

HI: ???

SK: Tuaregs

WB: ???

TAG: Maghariba Guard

Unknown: Muktar, Numair

@Scorch: A lot of expensive stuff; it seems like it will be more like the Hassassin Bahram than the Qapu Khalqi. I agree that it is tough to include a lot of diversity (including a 5-man fireteam) without a Ghulam or Naffatun base. A Zhayedan or Khawarij core is half a normal list. Then again, 5 Zhayedans (lt, doc, HMG, sniper, ML), 1 Khawarij, 2 Tuaregs, fill in the rest with remotes and Ghulams - sounds good.

@Scorch: A lot of expensive stuff; it seems like it will be more like the Hassassin Bahram than the Qapu Khalqi. I agree that it is tough to include a lot of diversity (including a 5-man fireteam) without a Ghulam or Naffatun base. A Zhayedan or Khawarij core is half a normal list. Then again, 5 Zhayedans (lt, doc, HMG, sniper, ML), 1 Khawarij, 2 Tuaregs, fill in the rest with remotes and Ghulams - sounds good.

This?

logo_41.png Haqqislam

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0

logo_5.png ZHAYEDAN Lieutenant (Marksmanship L2) Breaker Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (31)

logo_5.png ZHAYEDAN Doctor Plus (MediKit) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (27)

logo_5.png ZHAYEDAN (Marksmanship L2) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)

logo_5.png ZHAYEDAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)

logo_5.png ZHAYEDAN Missile Launcher, Nimbus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)

logo_11.png TUAREG Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 35)

logo_11.png TUAREG Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (33)

logo_19.png TARIK MANSURI Spitfire, Nanopulser, Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 56)

logo_15.png RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (16)

logo_18.png FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (8)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open with Army 5

New naffatuns look ok, but they lost a bit of faction specyfic style.

Gone are the characteristic Haqq boots, replaced with "Ariadnalike" bulky ones.

Gone is characteristic Haqq helmet with transparent Y shaped visor (would it be HB only now?) replaced with something that looks between PanO and Nomads

And that bag on belly looks bad IMHO.

Generally, not impressed... But I have 3 of them already, so they would have to be superb if I was to buy more :D

I'm actually stoked for a box of Naffatun.  They have AVA T, after all, and are so good for the points.  I hate repeating sculpts in my collection, so now I will actually be able to run a horde of Naffatuns, which is delicious. 

I think they probably redesigned the helmets because the existing helmets on the Naffatun look like they should belong to the Hassassin sect, and they don't.  I imagine that perhaps they originally were going to be part of the Bahram, but then were changed, or the sculptor used the wrong reference, because no-one else in Haqq has that type of blank-face visor unless they are a Hassassin. 

They have AVA T, after all

They will in their sectorial, no doubt, but they've been dropped to AVA 4 for Vanilla.

I think the redesigned Naffatuns look swell I'm not bothered if they're a boxed set. I also wouldn't be surprised if the box comes with some new profiles but I doubt that'll happen.

I'm not happy with the bug eyes, if I wanted bug eyes, I'd play pan o.  Looks like I'll have to try to pick up some of the visored models when I get a chance