Perseus

June Releases

2,165 posts in this topic

So we waited enough for may and i wanted to open the june topic.

11665549_10153124514018842_2484303826567

11665393_10153124513348842_7774517577597

Infinity-Sneak-Peek-Yan-Huo-Invincibles-

11147160_10153093047488842_3476774735730

280671-0535-CASupportPack-720x340.jpg

Edited by Perseus

You've got to be wrong because you only included one re-sculpt :).  Three of the four should be re-sculpts if CB does what they've been doing for the past six months.

On a more serious note, Grunts or some other such USAriadna is looking like a Gencon release.  Maybe they'll even give rules for the sectorial as a special Gencon thing.

Sakiel LRL
Rodok Box
Nomads support pack resculpt
Myrmidons rescuplt
Toni Macayana...bootleg

Seems like it's time for some Shasvastii?

On a more serious note, Grunts or some other such USAriadna is looking like a Gencon release.  Maybe they'll even give rules for the sectorial as a special Gencon thing.

How far off is Gencon? August/September, isn't it?

If they are having even half the issues they are rumored to be having with balancing USAriadna, I think a Gencon release is unlikely.

If they are having even half the issues they are rumored to be having with balancing USAriadna, I think a Gencon release is unlikely.

Unbalanced units can be found outside of the starter + Army V can be changed and be law. :P I guess they can make it work.

So what are the rumors about balancing issues?

Seed Soldier rescuplt. :_aww__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

Seed Soldier rescuplt. :_aww__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

There is some rumor that Shasvastii will be probably redesigned in the future. If it is true than we won't see any Shas in near future...

Rodok box

Unprobable. No CA release in June because it would be 4th CA release in a row (March - Yaogats, April - Fraacta, May - Umbra hacker).

Pheasant hacker please.

Or some Zhanying Agents I guess.

GenCon is usually late aug, but for some reason it's July 30- Aug 2, 3-4 weeks earlier than usual.

As for June releases, for Haqq I think they already announce Nafatun resculpt box, But they are also due to resculpt the Djanbzan HMG. Its the last Haqq model what has the old HMG sculpt. Then I hope we get a couple new guys.

Naffatuns are May release. In June I would like to see something like Govads for Haqq.

Okay I'm gonna drop the bomb: Female Ahl Fassed w/ Rifle+LFT :excited: :excited:

Oh and with a beautifully sculpted jatagan at her hip ;)

Bagh Mari. I don't want them, I don't need them but since they will look 95% same as Bolts I expect them to be done soon. It's just a matter of reposing Bolts and giving them slightly different helmets.

I thought that Rodoks would come straight after the Yaogats. But now another month in waiting.

Redesign Shasvastii? Shrouded was a part of the first CA starter. Now Morats and Shas-s are not in it. I'd predict exodus of space monkeys and/or frogs into (semi-)separate army. Thus could be very interesting storyline twist.

I thought that Rodoks would come straight after the Yaogats. But now another month in waiting.

Redesign Shasvastii? Shrouded was a part of the first CA starter. Now Morats and Shas-s are not in it. I'd predict exodus of space monkeys and/or frogs into (semi-)separate army. Thus could be very interesting storyline twist.

That rumor sounded like that CB will change their look to be more in line with other parts of CA. Also there is second part of that rumor which says that next book will be heavily rewritten Human Sphere and that they plan to make changes to some of sectorials (there was also info about moving some of existing sectorials out of HS and releasing new sectorials instead of them because rework of existing sectorials - Shas is one of them).

But whole info is only rumor from unknown spanish tester (said by fool's idol who spoke with that particar tester).

I hope they do mostly resculpts for June. There are still a lot of models who need that. One new model/box is enough per month. 

(That is really my oppinion, no sarcasm or anything. Resculpts are a good thing, and I am as happy about a resculpt as I am about a new model. Even if I have multiples of the old sculpts.)

Resculpt candiates that are high on my list:

Guijia

CA Drones, and many of the standard remotes for other factions

more Brigadas

Salamandra

Auxiliars

Halqa

Zanshi

Keisotsu

Line Kazaks

Securitate

Tuareg

Khawarijs

Maghariba Guard

and many more

Bagh Mari. I don't want them, I don't need them but since they will look 95% same as Bolts I expect them to be done soon. It's just a matter of reposing Bolts and giving them slightly different helmets.

Same with Rodoks. A bit of change to Yaogat model - and you got it. But I don't know if I need them. Once tried single models and once in link. And I'm a bit confused what their role is. But it is theme for another thread.

Whatever balancing issues they're having probably won't stop them from releasing models at Gencon which already have rules.  The Grunts and Hardcases for example.  They seem to want to do an American themed release for Gencon given it's an American tournament.  Penthesilea on a Harley from last year, for example.

That rumor sounded like that CB will change their look to be more in line with other parts of CA. Also there is second part of that rumor which says that next book will be heavily rewritten Human Sphere and that they plan to make changes to some of sectorials (there was also info about moving some of existing sectorials out of HS and releasing new sectorials instead of them because rework of existing sectorials - Shas is one of them).

But whole info is only rumor from unknown spanish tester (said by fool's idol who spoke with that particar tester).

This better be wrong as it would be an utterly asinine thing to do and make the N3 release even more of a train wreck.  The whole point of N3 was to keep the old books viable.  If they go and re-write one, then why bother trying to make them work with N3 in the first place.

It would also push back new content another two years after this book gets released. That means any real new content, that isn't a re-write like N3 was, won't be introduced into the game for over five years.  Keep in mind, in November it will be three years since CB published Paradiso, already an eternity in the gaming industry.  This would basically turn CB's fluff releases into a clone of GW's, who have been rehashing the same fluff for 20+ years.  This is one of GW's biggest criticisms and for CB to emulate what they do badly wouldn't help them.

Given that CB's self stated goal was to have a storyline that actually progresses through an epic arc, re-doing Human Sphere would be the antithesis of this goal.  This is something that would keep Infinity unique and give depth to the game.  Re-writing content would just chase away veteran players.  Again, one of their self stated goals as a company was to highly value this part of their community.

So this decision seems wildly inconsistent with what they really want to accomplish.  Hopefully they'll realize this because they have a history of getting carried away with ideas that are inconsistent with what their goals are.

Uhlaaaaaaaaaaan!

I will eat a bacon sandwich* if the Uhlans gets released next month. it would be the 4th pan o release in a row then.

My bet is now on July/August shown at gencon!

*I know it's normally I'll eat my hat, but I don't want to eat my hat. bacon is much nicer!

This better be wrong as it would be an utterly asinine thing to do and make the N3 release even more of a train wreck.  The whole point of N3 was to keep the old books viable.  If they go and re-write one, then why bother trying to make them work with N3 in the first place.

It would also push back new content another two years after this book gets released. That means any real new content, that isn't a re-write like N3 was, won't be introduced into the game for over five years.  Keep in mind, in November it will be three years since CB published Paradiso, already an eternity in the gaming industry.  This would basically turn CB's fluff releases into a clone of GW's, who have been rehashing the same fluff for 20+ years.  This is one of GW's biggest criticisms and for CB to emulate what they do badly wouldn't help them.

Given that CB's self stated goal was to have a storyline that actually progresses through an epic arc, re-doing Human Sphere would be the antithesis of this goal.  This is something that would keep Infinity unique and give depth to the game.  Re-writing content would just chase away veteran players.  Again, one of their self stated goals as a company was to highly value this part of their community.

So this decision seems wildly inconsistent with what they really want to accomplish.  Hopefully they'll realize this because they have a history of getting carried away with ideas that are inconsistent with what their goals are.

We will see. Thing is that Human sphere needs to be rewritten in the future, because many rules from HS don't work very well in N3 (for example link teams). There are also some hints that some rules will be updated in the future (IJW said in one thread about link teams rules that link team rules will be rewritten in the future and Palanka said that they will update AI beacon rules in the future).

Also there was rumor about HS rework last year at Gencon (see ClaudiusSol article about Gencon 2014 at Data Sphere).

I understand the need to rewrite core rules every so often, but they should have used it as a chance to consolidate all the rules into a new book, and not leave some rules untouched in the previous books.

I'm not a fluff reader, so the story is secondary to me. But If I'm producing the core rule book I would try to make the story in the new core rule book more of Season 2 start. Having the back store from season one is nice to have, but it should be able to allow people to start fresh from the new core rule book with out completely rehashing the previous story.

If a 'rewrite' of HS+CP just meant clearing up the rules texts, incorporating the N3 FAQs, and using the N3 layout, I would welcome it. If it was more than this, I'm not sure I would find it necessary.