Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bandua

Bandua New Releases - Aztec Series

33 posts in this topic

Those are actually really. Looks like they've been priced very attractively too.

The apartments aren't exactly my cup of tea (or should that be cocoa, if we are talking aztecs?) The walls are a bit too smooth for my liking.

The street furniture set is right up my alley, though. Gotta get at least one of those.

Good to see even more variety in terrain options.  I should get some street furniture.  (Or convince my friends to get it).  Are these MDF?

Also, all of this new stuff looks great, but I like the stepped back design of the Atl the most.

are interiors accessible?

Don't look like they are. That's the only thing pre-ordering those instantly.

Don't look like they are. That's the only thing pre-ordering those instantly.

yeah it doesnt look that way from the way the kit seems to be constructed =/

They also announced officially that the interior of the Aztech-series wouldn't be accessable, since players prefer instinctively not to move into buildings during gameplay.

They also announced officially that the interior of the Aztech-series wouldn't be accessable, since players prefer instinctively not to move into buildings during gameplay.

ok thanks. I suppose thats a reasonable assumption.

The walls could really do with some kind of texture or design.  The plain smooth walls stand out so hard.

Will you be doing ore painted versions of these in the future?

They also announced officially that the interior of the Aztech-series wouldn't be accessible, since players prefer instinctively not to move into buildings during gameplay.

Neither I nor any of my opponents have been told this.  Some of my best results have been from inside buildings.

One-two storey buildings with accessible interiors are fine. More than three - not.

I like the design.

Wish to make an order if Aztec line will develop a bit further.

Engraving decorations on the walls would rise production cost. Flat surface is easier to paint. It could be decorated with brush/airbrush/decals/stickers.

Hello everyone! I see that all these comments are exactly the same way than our post on the spanish forum, so if you don't mind, I will just translate my anwer there and post it here smile_rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif

Thank you very much for your comments, It really meants a lot to us, as we work hard to satisfy your demands, and what we want is that you see our products as useful, and you really enjoy using them.

In short, I comment, you can "access" to the building, I mean, all floors and balconies have doors and windows to access, however, we have not wanted to make practicable or playable interiors, because as we were seeing these years, in the end, only a very small portion of the players use them, and sometimes it is pretty uncomfortable, as well as make the final product more expensive.

Besides all this, we remind you that Bandua has a whole range of products for indoor play, the HEX range, with stackable and open modules to get inside and interchangeable walls. If you like to play interiors, that is a good option, and is perfectly compatible mix both systems in a gaming table.

About the road, it came mostly as a necessity in creating the Infinity table for Salute 2015. Same for street furniture, which is a good complement to the apartments.

Of course, all your ideas are very welcome and we are happy to hear them and make more and better products to meet your demands. An example of this is the release of the Alpha range bridges alone that a lot of players were demanding. smile_rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif

As long as I can still put a sniper in the window, I'm happy.

They do not come precoloured do they?

As long as I can still put a sniper in the window, I'm happy.

Nothing to stop you bending some card to make a lip on the inside for the models to stand on.

They do not come precoloured do they?

​The one I bought in Salute was not precoloured - same colour and material as the earlier (non coloured) Q-building set (apart from the perspex of course).

I like the building, but my transport options for it are limited as they are quite large. You need a reasonably tall box, or to keep them in the place where you play, so bear that in mind when getting these. I'm happy with it overall though, and would recommend one if you can transport them easily (or don't need to).

Edited by Poseidal

Any idea when these will be hitting the retailers stores? I've ordered a building a little over a month ago, but no word yet when I'll be able to get it.

I ordered from Wayland games.

Any idea when these will be hitting the retailers stores? I've ordered a building a little over a month ago, but no word yet when I'll be able to get it.

I ordered from Wayland games.

​laughing jack now have them in stock, so it should not take too long for you.

Is there a preferred glue for installing the plastic parts?

You might try "Canopy Glue". It's known in the modeling world for gluing aircraft canopies to the fuselage. It's like a super PVA glue and won't fog your acrylic.

Is there a preferred glue for installing the plastic parts?

You might try "Canopy Glue". It's known in the modeling world for gluing aircraft canopies to the fuselage. It's like a super PVA glue and won't fog your acrylic.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Despite the instructions, the Atl model provides access to all plastic placement even when the MDF is complete. This is a good thing, since painting it would be a royal pain if the windows were already in place, never mind the balcony rails.

To answer one question above, these do appear to be available in pre-painted as well as bare, as I've seen both at the FLGS. I picked up the bare Atl, and will probably acquire the other two at some point.