141 posts in this topic

Just in case anyone hasn't seen them (perhaps they've given up on the monthly thread of nonsense), here are the new Naffatun.

1619332_10153062263818842_4696506529151911045839_10153062263903842_110549384363711393141_10153062263913842_817232817815911350518_10153062262878842_5940049023826

Sad they wasted time and resources to come out with this when we have so many models and setups missing sculpts.

I even like the old ones more.

Best box release since the CAD switch imo

Well.. they look unreasonably awesome.

I was kind of mystified too when I heard about this release, but i really like these. They're solid, dynamic and characterful. 

Yeah, they're great.

Only downers are the loose, flammable hair (although that's not new for Naffatun) and the MI looking armour. Even for the BTS goodness, they look quite chunky.

Still, they're very cool, and i'm sure they could be the basis of some fun conversions for those who want to stick with the (still cool) originals.

Fire retardant gear might be heavier but not armor enhancing.

That's what I'm going with. I love the old ones but these are pretty boss too! I wonder if they could be converted to something we don't have sculpts for?

Looks cool, but far bulkier than I expected. The old sculpts look practically anemic in comparison. I really like the new Rifle+Flamethrowers they're packing, and the 50/50 gender balance is always nice to see  :_aww__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

I second that these are the best of the month. Best of CAD switch is more difficult to say, but they are in the running for sure. Oh and the boob armor is perfectly done, or should I say not over done. Just enough variation between male and female. I give the box a perfect 4 on the Schrieber scale, it may not make people go and buy it if it's not in their faction or if they don't own any infinity models, but this is at least a little above CBs current standard of quality in sculpt.

Really like them, but I see two major problems:

- none of them is poking (the poking naffatun has such a big death score with his HFT that I won't change him for anything that is not poking)

- they seems MI instead of LI, damn huge!

Then you compare them to the new Umbra, and they shines like a perfect diamond!

They feel like a massive wasted opportunity to me, to put some sort of new "bomb disposal squad" profile out there with N3, if they're gonna resculpt models and make them look this different.

I prefer the old Naffatun. These guys look way too armoured for a line troop with no armour. And the neck<>head transition looks a bit silly.

For the first time I think I won't be buying a new sculpt box. Old Naffatun are great, and besides, it's all about the Ghulam nowadays anyway...

Best release this month (not that that's overly difficult but that doesn't take away from them being awesome). Really like the armour, love how ones left handed too.

Cool models but the armor creep in CB`s new models is getting to me a little bit. How are these guys ARM 1? They almost look like the old HI models.

I dunno, nothing about that bulk looks like armour to me. It really does look like they're wearing all the flame retardant gear they can reasonably strap on, which really makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

I really like the old Naffatun models but honestly? I think I like these ones more.

Awesome sculpts, but still extravagantly unnecessary when they haven't gained any new weapons or loadouts :angry:  

Considering all the lunatics firing flamethrowers in normal clothing, I'm a bit surprised to see them so bulked up. While it's smart to not get burned like said lunatics, wouldn't it be smarter to just treat less bulky uniforms with a flame retardant?

Don't get me wrong, they look really awesome. It just seems to be another visual design element that doesn't quite go along with their underlying theme of knowledge (gigantic Tarik being another one).

Haqq's focus has been biomedical knowledge and tech, not hard tech like improved weapons and equipment.

Gotta say, those new models are pure sex.

They certainly didn't need to be resculpted, the old ones were just fine.  But I didn't have any of them, and these suckers are pretty freaking sweet.

Now, on to the Maghariba, as that is completely unplayable with it's current sculpt.  Then Zhayedans and Govads (in no particular order).

Some of the bulk is likely BTS-related too.

In any case, when Zhayedans are released, they are going to have to look pretty good to keep me from using these as stand-ins.

These models are pure win. The next list I paint up with have a few for sure. 

The new Naffatuns look good, but I won't be buying them. They'd clash hard with my old Naffatuns, which are fine sculpts already.

Still waiting for Govads rather than endless resculpts.

Haqq's focus has been biomedical knowledge and tech, not hard tech like improved weapons and equipment.

Makes sense. Personally, I just feel like more elegant biotech solutions would be more in character (though might not look as cool).

Makes sense. Personally, I just feel like more elegant biotech solutions would be more in character (though might not look as cool).

Khawarij.

Great minis, I like them a lot. Especially the guy unveiling his face :)

PozdRawiam / Greetings