Domo

Infinity National Team Challenge - 29/11/15 Exeter, UK

66 posts in this topic

intc%20logo%20-%20black.img_assist_custo
Exeter Inquisition would like to welcome you to the INTC.

On Sunday 29th of November, in the South-West corner of the UK, the Infinity National Team Challenge will pit four teams of three people, each team representing a club or region, against each other for glory.

As this is the first INTC, we have elected to limit it to four teams of three, so that we can iron out the kinks in the format and logistics, and plan for growth. This means that spaces are limited, and will be offered first come, first served. ** We have added 2 additional team entries! **

The format is currently a 300 point, no spec-ops, 2 list, 3 round, round-robin tournament using ITS rules and scenarios.

How does this differ from a normal ITS event?
Teams. No one is playing for their own glory, but for the glory of their gaming club / region. Each team will be made up of 3 players, one of which will be the Team Captain. At the start of each round, the Captain from each team will have a face to face WIP 15 roll against their opposition. Like with a normal game of Infinity, the winner gets to choose Initiative or Deployment, except Initiative is choosing the matchups between one team and the other and Deployment is choosing the tables that these matchups happen on.

Teams will be ranked on Round wins, followed by Game victories, followed by Objective points scored, followed by Surviving army points. Players will be ranked within the teams based on the same, with the exception of Round wins.

Prize support is yet to be determined, as are the scenario selections. The venue is about five minutes from the A30, ten minutes from the end of the M5 (directions available here).

Tickets are on sale at the URL below. *YOU WILL NEED 3 TICKETS PER TEAM - ONE PER PARTICIPANT*

If this event is a success, we will be hoping to make it a regular occurrence and inviting clubs to defend their championship, so wouldn't you love the chance to get in early and potentially be immortalised with winning the very first INTC?

Tickets: Click Here WE ARE NOW SOLD OUT!

Missions!

Round 1 - Highly Classified (We will be drawing the public objectives on the day so everyone is playing the same mission)
Round 2 - Nimbus Zone
Round 3 - Supremacy

Prize Support!

Prize support from Corvus Belli and Micro Art Studio

Lists and Team Communication

List submission deadline will be 23:59 on November 23rd (Extension due to Army 5 issues). The submission portal is here: http://exeter-inquisition.org/intc-list-submission. There will be a penalty for late submissions, but the specifics are as yet undecided. All event information will be posted here, but to ensure that everyone remains updated, can designated representatives / team captains please PM me their email address so that I can send out a mail list of any important developments, that they can then filter to their team mates? Many thanks!

Timetable

TimeDuration
Open/Registration09:0000:30
Round 1 pairings09:3000:15
Round 1 start09:4501:45
Lunch11:3001:00
Round 2 pairings12:3000:15
Round 2 start12:4501:45
Break (tally results)14:3000:25
Round 3 pairings14:5500:15
Round 3 start15:1001:45
Break (tally results)16:5500:25
Awards17:2000:15
Close (pack up)17:35 

Important Result Submission Information

Confirmed (paid) entrants:

Team: The Compelling Argument
1.Mark (H1540)
2.Anthony (I7391)

3.Rich (Y3911)

Team: Team Pigmar (A): Bacon
4.Lee, LeemanRuss (G5695)
5.Adam, AdaptUK0 (X0103)
6.Darren, Wintermute (K8924)

Team: Team Pigmar (B): Ham
7.Jez, Lupine (W4649)
8.Craig, Sacred Six (M9538)

9.Alessandro, Ruglud (E5324)

Team: The Turnips
10.Team members TBC (paid)

11.Team members TBC (paid)
12.Team members TBC (paid)

Team: AmazingStoke
13. Gamma Ray (I6604)
14. Isenblad (W8909)
15. Cartographer (B1221)

Team: Team Severian (name change imminent? :P)
16. 6StringAndy (I4844)
17. Sanada / Zond Rider (U6773)
18. Severian (D8241)

Edited by Domo

Pigmar could very well be interested in this one! Let me confirm with the guys!

The Midlands guys might be up for this as well. 

Tickets have started rolling out for this, so don't hesitate to reserve your place if you were on the fence!

Even if you can't wrangle a team, single entrants can be placed into other teams as mercenaries, or we may have a Merc team on the day consisting of all "unincorporated" entrants ;)

Team Pigmar have ordered 5 tickets - that means we'll have one full team and a second pair of mercenaries, so we'll need a 3rd player for that team! :)

We're now on seven ticket sales without any local players yet, so adding extra players to teams shouldn't be an issue. :)

hmm.. maybe I should hire out my services to the highest bidder...

Team "The Compelling Argument" has added their final member!

Perhaps we should  make a team Van-mar or Pig-guard? 

Edited by LeemanRuss

Important update in the first post! If we manage to sell all our tickets before the end of August, we will be able to add an additional 2 team entries (that's an additional 6 players). Spread the word!

Right, can we put down a team from reading I'll buy 3 tickets in a moment! 

Man, I have been working on pretty much this exact same idea, with more or less the same name! Too bad I can't make it overseas and get a few of the other New York City players, would love to participate. :)

Well, with the Reading team entered, we are technically full (barring the final player for the Pigmar Beta team). In light of this enthusiastic take up, we have added 2 additional team entries (6 more players). As such, this is no longer a Round Robin event and teams will be matched using swiss pairings between rounds.

Currently sat in the pub before the final round of IJW's Summer Challenge event, so not in the best position to update the first post accordingly, but I will do it in the next day or so.

::EDIT::
First post updated! There are 7 tickets left now (2 teams + 1 mercenary)

Edited by Domo

Just a quick update - I have added more stock to the PayPal button to reflect the additional team spaces, so if anyone tried to buy a ticket and failed, please try again. I have also had a ticket bought by someone called Jon Page, but no details were given regarding Team or ITS pin etc, if this is you, or if you know who it is, can you either reply or send me a PM please? Many thanks!

First post updated - we only have 1 team spot left up for grabs! We can't extend this event any more...

There are a few of us from the post-industrial Midlands wastes who are keen to add to our array of non-metallic kitchen utensils.

I've snapped up three tickets, and we'll sort out which of us participates. How? We could have a mini-tournament to decide, but we'll probably just take some WIP rolls.

Will advise names, ITS PINs, etc, ASAP...

That just leaves members two and three of Team Woohoo.

I've snapped up three tickets, and we'll sort out which of us participates. How? We could have a mini-tournament to decide, but we'll probably just take some WIP rolls.

We're doing a little play-off league in the run up to the event to decide our teams! That seemed like the fairest way, short of drawing names out of a hat :) 

First post updated! 

Unfortunately Team Woohoo Gaming group have had to drop, so there is still one team spot free!

apologies for not getting more details of team members etc. together, I'll try and get everything over to you soon, must remember to both one of them that's the issue ;)

No problem, there's plenty of time :) Just about to do an update in the first post...

ATTENTION! Please read the new sections in the first post - Missions, Prize Support, and List Submission and Team Communication.

Edited by Domo

Just curious about the single draw for Highly Classified - any particular reason you're going that direction with it?

(Personally it doesn't bother me but I know some players don't like that method at tournaments)

My reasoning behind it is twofold:

1) I am aiming to capture a *lot* of stats from the games played, and it helps me for everyone to be playing the same primary mission. 
2) Everyone playing the same Primary mission seems to be better balanced for a competitive event - If we draw an easy selection of Classifieds, then everyone is playing the same "easy" set of objectives. If everyone draws their own, you can end up with a wide variety of difficulty of mission resulting in (IMO) incomparable results. Yes this can still occur with the secondary objectives in every mission, but the potential swing is only a couple of points for achieving/not achieving, unlike Highly Classified which gives an 8 point swing.

If there was enough support for and requests for individual draws, then I would certainly consider it.

I am hoping to get the last team spot, we are just looking for a 3rd from Yorkshire area.