Aliase

Trying to easily make female intruder

26 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.  I am a new player of infinity and not the best at conversions.  I really want a female intruder but I am not the best at conversions.  I was thinking of getting the female wildcat with combi rifle and just putting an intruder's head on her.  Would this look ok?  Is the intruder's head separate?  Thoughts from the group.  Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone.  I am a new player of infinity and not the best at conversions.  I really want a female intruder but I am not the best at conversions.  I was thinking of getting the female wildcat with combi rifle and just putting an intruder's head on her.  Would this look ok?  Is the intruder's head separate?  Thoughts from the group.  Thanks in advance!

​Neither head is separate.

Weren't you trying to make an all-female force?

I'd say use the Vortex SPEC OP helmeted head on one of the new Alguacil females in their new box set.  That should work nicely.

Edit:  The HMG is on one of the female models too so that should really make it doable with a minimum amount of work,

Best of luck!

Edited by FatherKnowsBest

Lol yes Father I am that same person who posted about the all female army.  I was good to go with my rough list but then I started reading how amazing the intruders were and decided I wanted to try and make a female version.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Do you happen to know if the head on the female alguacil HMG is separate or will that require cutting?

Lol yes Father I am that same person who posted about the all female army.  I was good to go with my rough list but then I started reading how amazing the intruders were and decided I wanted to try and make a female version.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Do you happen to know if the head on the female alguacil HMG is separate or will that require cutting?

That I don't know.

gotta buy a fine saw someday anyway. Should be available at any well sorted hobby store.

You want a reasonably heavily armoured female body with the Intruder beaked helmet. I would consider using the female Wildcat as a base with a head swap to differentiate, myself. Spec Ops helmeted head on the Wildcat body, perhaps a weapon swap as well?

Lol, to be able to become Intruder, you must be able to intrude ifyouknowwhatimean ;)

hrl wildcat has a separate head and arms =good body

You want a reasonably heavily armoured female body with the Intruder beaked helmet. I would consider using the female Wildcat as a base with a head swap to differentiate, myself. Spec Ops helmeted head on the Wildcat body, perhaps a weapon swap as well?

The new Alguacil armor at least bears a resemblance to the Intruders which is why I suggested it and wouldn't require a weapon swap either. 

I was able to find out that the head from the new alguacil box set is in fact separate!  I think I will try Father's suggestion as it sounds the least involved.  Although one day I may have to actually get a hand saw :)

I was able to find out that the head from the new alguacil box set is in fact separate!  I think I will try Father's suggestion as it sounds the least involved.  Although one day I may have to actually get a hand saw :)

Hope it all goes well, Dr. Frankenaliase!

...and to think there are some who think I am anti-female Infinity miniatures....

papa_zpsgsbntfpo.jpg

Lol, to be able to become Intruder, you must be able to intrude ifyouknowwhatimean ;)

​You must have missed Savonarola project then.

Although one day I may have to actually get a hand saw :)

​Silliness aside... you can buy saw blades for xacto-style handles, both huge razor saw (just a tad smaller than a kitchen knife) and small keyhole saw (barely any bigger than the default blades, but with tooth). Remember lubrication, work will be easier and saw will last longer (what do you think I was talking about?).

Shhh......

he comes

Shhh......

he comes

Lol, i have seen his "hacking devices" :o

JCC starter Intruder head is going to be a good fit. Also, if you don't need your armored troops to have armored boobs, the JCC Intruder is Paradiso-era and is scaled a little smaller than most of today's male models, so you could swap the heads one for one and end up with 2 female models instead of 1 female intruder and a headless or weaponless pile of scrap. 

Edit: If you haven't bought the JCC starter yet, it will be a good buy for you ... 3 more female models in that box, 1 Hellcat, 1 Algie, and  1 Wildcat.

AaCjSaMm.jpg

Edited by Locksmith

swap the heads and you are done! :D the intruder is the subject not the suit :D 

swap the heads and you are done! :D the intruder is the subject not the suit :D 

My way involves no chopping of heads.:_chainsaw__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

​Neither head is separate.

Weren't you trying to make an all-female force?

I'd say use the Vortex SPEC OP helmeted head on one of the new Alguacil females in their new box set.  That should work nicely.

Edit:  The HMG is on one of the female models too so that should really make it doable with a minimum amount of work,

Best of luck!

​this is almost exactly what I;'d recomend, removing the ag head would be simplisity and the helmet should go on easily

Conversion was a massive success!  I will try to get a picture posted.  The vortex head just needed a bit of shaving off the back... What can I say he had a fat head :)   Then I shaved down the aguciles neck a bit and boom done.  Wonderful advice from here really appreciate it.   

Conversion was a massive success!  I will try to get a picture posted.  The vortex head just needed a bit of shaving off the back... What can I say he had a fat head :)   Then I shaved down the aguciles neck a bit and boom done.  Wonderful advice from here really appreciate it.   

sounds good!

Ok guys here is a picture of my female intruder.  Sorry for the poor lighting.  I don't have the best set up for photos.  I think she turned out lovely. 

tB918NM.jpg

Edited by Aliase

Ok guys here is a picture of my female intruder.  Sorry for the poor lighting.  I don't have the best set up for photos.  I think she turned out lovely. 

tB918NM.jpg

very cool!

Additionally, you can follow the same procedure to make the other Intruder options for your army.

Edited by FatherKnowsBest

Love it, think I might steal the idea to do a bunch of bagh mari's out of fusiliers.