Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swiftage

Classified deck

20 posts in this topic

Greetings all. This morning I received my classified deck in the post from a UK wargaming store I use & I was wondering which version I have. Box is orange, cards are numbered 1-40, cardstock & print quality seem fine.

Grey = first (bad) print run.

Orange = replacement (good) print run.

Interesting about numbered 1-40 after the new scenario rules. Can you describe how the numbers are distributed on the objectives? Are, for example, 1-4 on a single objective? Or 1, 11, 21, and 31? Or something else entirely? 

1-4 on a classified, then 5-8 on the next etc.

Thanks. Any chance you could list the classifieds in order of value then? I'm curious for the sake of the new ITS scenario. 

Retroengineering (1-4), Inoculation (5-8), Sabotage (9-12), Test Run (13-16), Designation (17-20), Espionage (21-24), Experimental Drug (25-28), Data Scan (29-32), Extreme Prejudice (33-36), Telemetry (37-40).

Thanks, @solkan

So the hardest ones are worth the least? I guess that keeps it a choice, but it also seems pretty swingy. 

Edited by BLOODGOD

Thanks, @solkan

So the hardest ones are worth the least? I guess that keeps it a choice, but it also seems pretty swingy. 

I think the fairest thing to say is that the numbers on the cards is independently distributed relative to the difficulty of the objectives.  Or, possibly less fair, it's the return of "Just use the number on the die for the scatter direction, it'll be quick and convenient".

Edited by solkan

Thanks, @solkan

Well, sabotage and test run are both easier than designation and espionage, so I think 0 thought went into which missions got which numbers. They were just assigned randomly.

Yeah, 1-40 is pretty huge range, not sure I care for it. Especially with the values being linked to specific objectives. In any other game, I'd probably love it, but I'm not sure Infinity needs a game within a game like the C&C Card mechanic. It looks fun, but like Bloodgod mentioned, it's a bit too swingy. Especially on top of the existing randomness of classifieds in general. I would have preferred a spread like 5, 10, 15, 20. Perhaps with each copy of a given card getting one of those four values. I'm assuming those numbers will have other uses in the future though, and there's more to the 1-40 numbering. 

Anyone else feel like Safe Area was made to sell EVO repeaters? If they're hackers now (as mentioned at Gencon), and also retain the baggage rule, just that one model holding a console gives you up to 73 points in that quadrant (depending on what C&C card you drew).

Also, we need initiative rules for Command and Control. What happens if one player uses it while Dominating a quadrant to get an extra objective point, while the other uses it to add points to a quadrant, and potentially negates the other players domination of the quadrant? 

Edited by Todd

What is 'safe area'? Could find it in the its pdf. Is that new in the deck only?

It's in the most recent ITS missions PDF, which went up a couple of days ago.

Ah, I  see. Thanks a lot ijw.
 Didn't expect that the its pdf being changed in mid season, but it obviously has

Clearly I am missing something but I do not understand the need for the numbers in the bottom right hand corner of the cards. Could somebody please advise?

also, given you only need one of any card and your opponent can not see the card(s) you randomly pick why is there a need for 4 of each card? Can you not just have the 10 different cards as a deck and pick 1 or 2 of them depending on the objective?

I am sure it is more simple and I am just missing something.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

The numbers are used in some of the ITS missions that involve INTELCOM (support & control I believe)

Only a few months into my Infinity party so I have just been playing casual games with my friends (whilst teaching myself and them how to play) but I'm starting to look at tournament play now. 

Just wondering will I need to purchase this deck to add to my tournament kit ?, and when using the deck at home in casual games, will I need to have a deck for me and a deck for my opponent ? (I pretty much provide everything except miniatures in my newly spawned meta).

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give and sorry for thread hijack.

24 minutes ago, Trixie said:

Only a few months into my Infinity party so I have just been playing casual games with my friends (whilst teaching myself and them how to play) but I'm starting to look at tournament play now. 

Just wondering will I need to purchase this deck to add to my tournament kit ?, and when using the deck at home in casual games, will I need to have a deck for me and a deck for my opponent ? (I pretty much provide everything except miniatures in my newly spawned meta.

Yeah, you should pick it up for tournament play. When I picked up another deck to let my friends use they quickly got their own decks, so I usually just have an extra deck around, but if $12 (or so) isn't going to break the bank, you could pick one up for them and see if one wants to buy it off you later on.

49 minutes ago, Trixie said:

Just wondering will I need to purchase this deck to add to my tournament kit ?, and when using the deck at home in casual games, will I need to have a deck for me and a deck for my opponent ? (I pretty much provide everything except miniatures in my newly spawned meta.

Definetly one for you for tournaments... for friendly, both picking from the same deck isn't really a problem :)

Thanks guys for the quick replies :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0