Modiphius

Infinity RPG Kickstarter Coming Soon - Please Help!

704 posts in this topic

Just listening to the theme music for the Kickstarter video as we assemble the graphics - it's going to be epic :-)

Just read the email that there will be a book just about campaigns full of TAG pilots! 

Beyond epic!

Awesome! That only leaves two questions:

1. How much money do I need to spend?

2. How do I sucker my friends into playing something SciFi?

The second one is the harder one :paranoid:

Discreetely switch your friends to new ones.

We should do a forum play by post at some point! I might run that, if people are interested...

How much? Plan on a LOT! And then when it's less than planned, you'll feel like you got a great deal! :)

How to get friends to play? If they are REAL friends, and you approach them in a genuine manner asking them to spend one session TRYING it, they should agree to. :)

I'll tell you my secret - I invite them to dinner because everyone loves a free meal :-) Learn to cook and you'll have gaming friends who will play ANYTHING you want :-D

But absolutely any genuine gaming friends should give it a go, our kickstarter video should be a cool intro for them and we'll be doing nice now to play videos too

I'll tell you my secret - I invite them to dinner because everyone loves a free meal :-) Learn to cook and you'll have gaming friends who will play ANYTHING you want :-D

But absolutely any genuine gaming friends should give it a go, our kickstarter video should be a cool intro for them and we'll be doing nice now to play videos too

Awesome!

I am quite curious - I think there was an option on the survey for T-Shirts... did that receive a lot of votes? Will you guys be looking into those at all?

Weeeell, you could always introduce them to the setting via Ariadna.  Tech level's just about on par with modern day/near future, with a slight post-apoc twist.  Oh, and werewolves.  If the werewolves don't draw them in, I don't know what will.  Then spring the sci-fi elements on 'em.

So we are in September, any chance of me giving loads of money to you guys soon? ;)

It's starting next week - somewhere around tues, wed or thurs - we're just working on the video, graphics and shipping costs - just want to be prepared with all the right info for everyone

*taps fingers*

:_eye__rvmp_by_bad_blood::_eye__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

We're still working on getting the video right, we hope it might be ready for tomorrow, if not looks like it's monday, in the meantime we'll be releasing some info on the planned books to give you something to think about!

Man I am so looking forward to this XD

I do have a question though, how long will the kickstarter run? Because I might be a bit short on capital until halfway into nex month

I do have a question though, how long will the kickstarter run? Because I might be a bit short on capital until halfway into nex month

IIRC, the money isn't actually taken out of your account until the Kickstarter comes due, and I think the minimum length is at least 30 days...

Supposedly the start of next month, but if it takes a while to get launched then it might be middle/end of next month.

We are finishing on Sunday 4th October at 8pm UK time so obviously we're keen to start asap but not before we're happy with the quality of the video. We're also figuring out a cool caption contest and some other fun goals everyone can help aim for. 

You'll be able to back it through till the 4th October then, and we'll keep the option to join in after the kickstarter open for about a month for those who need a bit longer. So you can always join for a small pledge then increase or add to the pledge during the Pledge Manager after kickstarter closes. 

Thanks for the replies guys :thumb-up:

I'll be ready by then, thankfully. Can't wait to see what the pledges look like

I won't be ready by the 4th :( I've just changed jobs and won't get paid til the 15th October because I missed the cut off for this month. Gutted. 

I won't be ready by the 4th :( I've just changed jobs and won't get paid til the 15th October because I missed the cut off for this month. Gutted. 

Just pledge the minimum amount necesarry to get access to the pledge manager (something like 1£ I guess) so you have a "foot in the door" when the manager comes around (that usually takes a few weeks after the KS closed, so something like end of october/beginning of november).
There you usually can add everything you could add during the campaign.

Just make sure you take the minimum pledge that also grants access to all stretch goals, or otherwise you might loose out on some freebies or whatever they will be.

also this:

You'll be able to back it through till the 4th October then, and we'll keep the option to join in after the kickstarter open for about a month for those who need a bit longer.

Edited by Ursun

Oh sweet, I didn't realise it worked like that. 

Oh sweet, I didn't realise it worked like that. 

Yeah don't worry you'll be able to add everything afterwards in the pledge manager. We're not going to keep this kickstarter open as long as we have with other ones as it will be delivering quite quickly (december for the PDF) Feb for the printed book (probably before but best to be early than late!)

Just realised its Friday (missing the projected Wednesday/Thursday mentioned previously), can we expect it today, or next week now?

Yes we had hoped it would be ready for today but it needs final work and approval from Corvus Belli (it's not just organising it) and we can't rush them. Ideally we should launch tuesday next (the best day to launch) but we might try for monday). Assume tuesday though. 

In the meantime we're going to run a competition on facebook to win the cost of a £80 pledge (Core book and 3 Player's Guides) - will be emailing people later!

Edited by Modiphius

Meanwhile...

INFINITY RPG Caption Contest! Write an awesome caption in the comments below by midnight Sunday 13th Sept. We'll pick the best caption to win an £80 Generous GM Pledge (Corebook & 3 Player's Guides). Keep it clean & get creative! Sign up to be the first to know when we launch: www.modiphius.com/infinity

PsychoticStorm, they are putting strange words in our mouths!  :blink: (and reached the 100 hits long ago):whistle:

Edited by Yasbir

Meanwhile...

INFINITY RPG Caption Contest! Write an awesome caption in the comments below by midnight Sunday 13th Sept. We'll pick the best caption to win an £80 Generous GM Pledge (Corebook & 3 Player's Guides). Keep it clean & get creative! Sign up to be the first to know when we launch: www.modiphius.com/infinity

PsychoticStorm, they are putting strange words in our mouths!  :blink: (and reached the 100 hits long ago):whistle:

Wow over 300 even, on our way to cracking a second 'LEVEL UP' goal before we've even started!