Modiphius

Infinity RPG Kickstarter Coming Soon - Please Help!

704 posts in this topic

Ok so just for clarification, if i buy the rulebook in print with pdf pledge level, then later on in the campaign i can still use the pledge manager to add in lets say the Haqqislam faction supplement even though its not showing up on the page yet?

also looking at your bonus where you are putting goals on retweets/likes, are these taken of each tweet mentioning the project combined or does one tweet have to get 50 retweets, as so far I think there has been 50 retweets of the link combined to the kickstarter ( one has 35, the other 14 and another has 10) which would unlock a bonus

Will the Faction PDFs be available after the KS for purchase in regular stores?

now that more art is getting put in (Best stretch goal) is it all going to be new art pieces, or will we see some of the older infinity artwork show up?

also will you be sticking with the manga-esque style of artwork for infinity or branching it out to a more realistic style? personally I would love to see the artist who did FRAGGED EMPIRES cover tackle some infinity stuff

It's going to be all new art pieces in the core book. We're sticking with the style people are familiar with though as we unveil more of the universe you'll see all kinds of imagery

Ok so just for clarification, if i buy the rulebook in print with pdf pledge level, then later on in the campaign i can still use the pledge manager to add in lets say the Haqqislam faction supplement even though its not showing up on the page yet?

yes you can!

also looking at your bonus where you are putting goals on retweets/likes, are these taken of each tweet mentioning the project combined or does one tweet have to get 50 retweets, as so far I think there has been 50 retweets of the link combined to the kickstarter ( one has 35, the other 14 and another has 10) which would unlock a bonus

we're updating the social graphic now - the retweet has to be of the one tweet we've posted so we can track it, though as we missed a day we'll take in to account the first major tweets

Will the Faction PDFs be available after the KS for purchase in regular stores?

yes they will, but getting them all for £40 or £60 with the core book is exceptional value

now that more art is getting put in (Best stretch goal) is it all going to be new art pieces, or will we see some of the older infinity artwork show up?

also will you be sticking with the manga-esque style of artwork for infinity or branching it out to a more realistic style? personally I would love to see the artist who did FRAGGED EMPIRES cover tackle some infinity stuff

Wouldn't you know? Are you not being commissioned for this extra art?! :thumb-up:

I'd love to see some of the Fragged Empires artists too.  Wade did a great job selecting people.

(So people don't think it's out of place, Modiphius is distributing Fragged Empires)

Hm so what is this "psywar" stuff that's mentioned in the kickstarter? A fancy name for using social skills, or full-fledged psychic powers?

When will it be possible to see what the faction die will look like?

Hm so what is this "psywar" stuff that's mentioned in the kickstarter? A fancy name for using social skills, or full-fledged psychic powers?

A possibility someone mentioned on another board is psychological warfare. With all the camoflage techniques in the universe, from mimicing movements to full on Predator style invisibility, holoprojectors and Impersonation, that could be a huge aspect of the game.

Edited by Loki

I feel psywar  means psychological warfare, but not as in direct battlefield war, but in political debate and social interactions leading to different encounters. Like using diplomacy over a gun or hacking/info war

I feel psywar  means psychological warfare, but not as in direct battlefield war, but in political debate and social interactions leading to different encounters. Like using diplomacy over a gun or hacking/info war

This is the case - you can attack and overcome foes in three ways: physical harm (shooting, stabbing, burning), mental assaults (iintimidation, coercion, persuasion), or infowar (hacking personal or local networks).

There's some crossover between them as well - certain approaches to hacking let you inflict physical harm as feedback from devices, suppressive fire lets you inflict mental damage with gunfire, and EMP weapons let you inflict hacking damage by overwhelming networks with brute force magnetic pulses.  

Would it be possible to have the translation in French / Spanish of the skills, character sheets and other things like that? So that for our players it will be in the desired language, even if the game master has to read the books in english? That way, we can still kickstart it and use it with our players without having to wait for the translated version

Yes basically shouting at people ;-) It's a nice system for social interaction

When will it be possible to see what the faction die will look like?

We're just finalising the designs and will post tomorrow I think

Would it be possible to have the translation in French / Spanish of the skills, character sheets and other things like that? So that for our players it will be in the desired language, even if the game master has to read the books in english? That way, we can still kickstart it and use it with our players without having to wait for the translated version

It's a great idea and we're looking at how we do this but yes considering it a plan :-) I REALLY want to support Spanish players so I feel this is Modiphius giving back to the community.

It's a great idea and we're looking at how we do this but yes considering it a plan :-) I REALLY want to support Spanish players so I feel this is Modiphius giving back to the community.

And french, please ;-) But great news! Thanks!

And french, please ;-) But great news! Thanks!

We'll see what we can do :-)

Well hell, who really needs to eat? Just added my pledge. I imagine that number will go up sharply as more add-ons become available! Looking at you, print GM guide and print Nomad book...

Honestly, I am tempted to just get every single add-on in print that I possibly can. It's my birthday next week!

Wondering what happened to the TAG campaign book.  Also wondering what "mass combat" rules will look like in an RPG based on a tabletop game that could be mass combat (40 models on the table) in the context of an RPG.  I am fascinated by this idea and very eager to see the results.

Reading what you guys are doing has taken me from being a detractor of this project to full fledged backer and fan.  Reading the updates is becoming a more and more fun part of my day.

Edited by Guges

This is the case - you can attack and overcome foes in three ways: physical harm (shooting, stabbing, burning), mental assaults (iintimidation, coercion, persuasion), or infowar (hacking personal or local networks).

There's some crossover between them as well - certain approaches to hacking let you inflict physical harm as feedback from devices, suppressive fire lets you inflict mental damage with gunfire, and EMP weapons let you inflict hacking damage by overwhelming networks with brute force magnetic pulses.  

Sounds pretty quality, I must say.

Wondering what happened to the TAG campaign book.  Also wondering what "mass combat" rules will look like in an RPG based on a tabletop game that could be mass combat (40 models on the table) in the context of an RPG.  I am fascinated by this idea and very eager to see the results.

Reading what you guys are doing has taken me from being a detractor of this project to full fledged backer and fan.  Reading the updates is becoming a more and more fun part of my day.

There is a TAG campaign book coming which expands on TAG rules, organisations and lets you run campaigns with everyone as pilots rocking around in your machines. The Mass combat is for when you get to use your Command skill to help organise the forces and hold the line against a massive Combined Army push on Paradiso. It's not about figures on the table but figuring out where the companies and squadrons will go. There could be all kinds of situations where someone needs to step up and take command. 

Glad you're enjoying the updates, we do try to think of everything we can do to make our kickstarters such good value for everyone and probably give away too much sometimes. There's more coming too. 

Sounds pretty quality, I must say.

It's tricky to balance, but the end result will be worth it.

We'll see what we can do :-)

I would not mind helping with the translation, if needed, if it means we can get official tables and character sheets in French eventually :-)

So 20 more spots opened for the max pledge and were taken before I even saw them come up XD

Looks like the art guys are gonna have their hands full!

By the way, are the faction supplements included in the pdf master pledge level?

So 20 more spots opened for the max pledge and were taken before I even saw them come up XD

Looks like the art guys are gonna have their hands full!

Yep! I believe Mod said there would still be more - I kinda envision them trickling out a few with every major print-book unlock or so.

I remember back at GenCon about 10 years ago, there was one of the artists for Confrontations doing black/white drawings for fans. He literally took 5-10 minutes per drawing, and that's pretty much what I envision Modiphius doing here. They could end up with 100+ of these art pledges sold, and I'd be surprised if the art was super in-depth for all of these pledges. That's fine of course, I think it's cool enough that they're offering it in the first place.

Can we get an Idea of when/what level other faction supplements would be released... 

(I'm most interested in more PanO background :) )