Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aliase

Nimbus Scenario

7 posts in this topic

Last night I played the nimbus scenario for the first time.  The rules are in the N3 book.  My opponent and I couldn't figure out if destroying an annetena counted as disconnecting for scoring purposes.  Could someone clarify? Thank you in advance!

No, you have to pass a WP check while in base contact to disconnect it. Not sure what the benefit of destroying would be, other than spiteful denial.

The benefit is that once all four are destroyed or disconnected the Nimbus Zone drops.

The benefit is that once all four are destroyed or disconnected the Nimbus Zone drops.

Ok, just seems like shooting yourself in the foot since you would be denying yourself the opportunity to grab objective points or wasting orders to destroy it after disconnecting.

You grab the ones you can and destroy the ones you think your opponent will get before you. 

It's a bit like the Panoplies in Armory, where you need to acquire more items than your opponent. You can spend your orders stocking up (which gives you nothing extra objective point-wise), potentially leaving your opponent the same opportunity, or you can just grab one item and destroy them.

Thank you all for the responses :)  The community here is so helpful.  I will admit I was playing with my husband so we do tend to be mean to each other... (Evil Laugh)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0