Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
User Error

Question about bases

15 posts in this topic

Are they supposed to be glued on top of a regular base?  My new Warehouse bases are smaller than 25mm but fit pretty well atop the normal 25mm.  Not a problem if that's the case (although pedastal models are kind of silly).  The real downside is how am I supposed to deal with the overhang bits of the model, like the Skiavoro's overhang feet?  Does anyone have any ideas?

Height doesn't matter much, but the correct width is important. Units with base extensions like the Skiavoros is designed to be on a 25mm, so it would likely be down to filing, careful bending, and/or building up the base to be flush with the one you're putting on top.

No. The should be 25mm diameter, to within a millimetre or so. If they're drastically smaller, get in touch with MAS as they're probably faulty casts. 

Huh.  I'll have to do that since they're all uniformly the same (too-small) size.

If its very thin, I do wonder if you have gotten toppers, or the inner bit of the round edge bases (23mm sounds right for them I seem to remember ..)

Well, they fit so perfectly atop the regular bases I couldn't really tell!  And while I know LoF is univeral by silhouette size (as opposed to model size) the tall base look is kind of goofy.

Do you mind putting a picture up of what they look like :-)

I'll see if I can upload it, but it's being finicky with the upload...

The resin base is quite smaller than 25mm yet fits flush when on top of a standard base.  Unfortunately this causes the base to be almost three times taller than normal!  Not exactly my cup of tea when I was expecting something like a Dragonforge base, you know?

Hi. It's exactly like IJW Wartrader stated - they are way too small... We owe you an apology for the faulty product, please write us an email to shop(at)microartstudio.com with the description of the problem(photos would be helpful but not a must) and that you would like them replaced(or a refund). The complaint guys will take it from there.

Our bases should be exactly or minimally smaller than plastic ones bottom to bottom. The top detail usually extends outside thebase perimeter, in some designs marginally(like Urban and Warehouse bases) while in others a lot(Urban Fight).

Hi. It's exactly like IJW Wartrader stated - they are way too small... We owe you an apology for the faulty product, please write us an email to shop(at)microartstudio.com with the description of the problem(photos would be helpful but not a must) and that you would like them replaced(or a refund). The complaint guys will take it from there.

Our bases should be exactly or minimally smaller than plastic ones bottom to bottom. The top detail usually extends outside thebase perimeter, in some designs marginally(like Urban and Warehouse bases) while in others a lot(Urban Fight).

Thank you very much for the advise, I'll do that!

This is a bit of a necro - sorry - but have had quite a few bases that look as described, I thought they were toppers as well so assembled them that way. It's no big deal, and I quite like the effect actually. 

Uh-oh... Well, if you like them that's the most important thing for us! But just FYI we generally replace products like that free of charge :)

Yeah, I realised after the fact. Just thought I'd flag it - I love your products either way. :) 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0