Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nidzilla

Janissary backpacks

15 posts in this topic

Just a quick question concerning the new Janissaries box. The bag containing the doc and ML had a large backpack however the boarding shotgun version did not come with one. Was this intended as to show off the engraving (written Hekim) or do I need to contact CB for a missing part?

The backpack should go on the boarding shotgun guy.

Hekim mean's doctor, so you want to leave it exposed on the doctor.

Alright thanks for your help! 

Was initially worrying about the models not having all their backpacks. I guess I should have looked up what the word actually meant. Just thought it was an intentially design to show different details on the models with and without the packs. 

Oh man, I wish I would of known this before I put together my Janissaries. I put them together without realizing that there was only one backpack and since my doctor was the first one I put together, I put the backpack on him and then realized there was only one when I put the Boarding Shotgun together so now my Boarding shotgun is the one with Hekim on his back instead of the doctor and there is no way that back is coming off without ruining the model. 

Can you pull the arms off and swap them? Or did you put the belt/bags and backpack on the same mini?

The minis are metal, it shouldn't be a problem to take them apart and reassemble, it's just a matter of time and work involved. 

Oh man, I wish I would of known this before I put together my Janissaries. I put them together without realizing that there was only one backpack and since my doctor was the first one I put together, I put the backpack on him and then realized there was only one when I put the Boarding Shotgun together so now my Boarding shotgun is the one with Hekim on his back instead of the doctor and there is no way that back is coming off without ruining the model. 

I did the exact same thing. Unless you've pinned it or used large amounts of superglue, it should be easy to remove with a bit of effort. Don't worry about bending parts, they metal is pretty tough. Just remove the arms and head first so you can get a good grip on the torso.

Edited by Loki

I have tried to remove the back and it's on pretty good. I am pretty sure that even if I did, a good amount of glue would be left over further messing with the model. It's a shame but it will probably just be a quirk of my army. 

Put them in acetone, it will soften the glue.

Won't acetone affect my prime job? I already have them primed. 

It will completely remove your primer and anything else not metal (so a plastic base that it's glued to will disappear), so at least you'll be able to safely reprime.

See that makes me want to just keep it the way it is. It is a bit bothersome but honestly, don't know if it's worth doing that. 

Soaking in acetone is prob your best bet. It will dissolve the glue and paint, but you've only just primed it right? Doesn't seem like too much work.

Edited by Old Hafza

Yeah, if it's only at the primer stage, it's not destroying any painting you've put effort into. I'd try removing it from it's base and acetoning it if it's bothersome, but I'm one of those people that doesn't like bothersome things.

Not tried it myself (disclaimer), but isn't there the 'popping it in the freezer' technique to change the properties of the glue to make it easier to take apart?  Not sure what it will do to the primer though.

Edit: whoops, that would mean taking the entire model to pieces and re-gluing as it will affect the rest of it too.

Edited by infyrana