MittenNinja

Remote Presence: An Infinity Podcast

143 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I just wanted to share our litttle project that we've been working on! Our first episode is up and we would love to hear any feedback you have for us! We're based out of the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St Paul MN) and are largely focusing on community building, tactics, and ITS play. 

Episode 1 - Introduction or "A Great Success"

Please give us a listen and give us a like if you're on the facebook!

My podcast app can't find you.  Too new?  Direct subscribe?

1 hour ago, Papa Bey said:

My podcast app can't find you.  Too new?  Direct subscribe?

Too new. We're submitted but waiting for approval.

Great Podcast. I liked listening to thoughts on the game and the community. Also Im really impressed, how you built up such a big playerbase in such a short amount of time. 

Here in Vienna (the one in Austria;)) we only have managed to assemble a dozen of players for Infinity. So some tips would be nice^^

Hello, Guys.

Very nice podcast, I do enjoy very much listening to stories about communities getting together, people enjoying the game, learning and sharing tricks.

Hope to listen to more.

Have a nice day.

49 minutes ago, bostria said:

Hello, Guys.

Very nice podcast, I do enjoy very much listening to stories about communities getting together, people enjoying the game, learning and sharing tricks.

Hope to listen to more.

Have a nice day.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! We're going to be shooting for getting episodes out bi-weekly so there should be no shortage of stuff to listen to!

I liked the podcast, thanks for putting it together.  I have two suggestions.  1) Please maintain a constant volume and speak into the microphone.  I had to adjust the volume on my headset multiple times because people were fading out as their sentences carried on.  2) The intro is a bit long.  There was a solid minute of elevator music before anyone started talking.  Cut that back some.

6 minutes ago, Scifi_Toughguy said:

I liked the podcast, thanks for putting it together.  I have two suggestions.  1) Please maintain a constant volume and speak into the microphone.  I had to adjust the volume on my headset multiple times because people were fading out as their sentences carried on.  2) The intro is a bit long.  There was a solid minute of elevator music before anyone started talking.  Cut that back some.

Thanks for the feedback!

As to the volume issues, we figured out what was going wrong and it should be solved going forward. And for the intro, were looking at potentially getting a different intro piece for a more permanent solution, butbwe can definitely look at cutting it back a bit.

People have a natural tendency to trail off as they end sentences, especially when they are speaking in an off-handed manner.  It seemed to me just a matter of being aware (as most people don't have public speaking or stage experience).  Look at Dexter when he was on the Krug, he was always the loudest and most consistently audible on there.  He has plenty of stage experience as well.  (He's also just loud.)

22 hours ago, Scifi_Toughguy said:

People have a natural tendency to trail off as they end sentences, especially when they are speaking in an off-handed manner.  It seemed to me just a matter of being aware (as most people don't have public speaking or stage experience).  Look at Dexter when he was on the Krug, he was always the loudest and most consistently audible on there.  He has plenty of stage experience as well.  (He's also just loud.)

Yeah, a lot of that was my fault.  We record in my office, and I use a boom attached to my desk, but in order to face Joel and Greg for more natural conversation the boom is extending from my side, while they're using desk mic stands directly in front of them.  I believe that my mic(a condenser mic) was turned a little so that I wasn't in the sweet spot all of the time.

Thanks for the feedback though!  Should be a little more clear this weekend.  I'll probably get about 20% louder if I consume one additional alcoholic beverage during recording as well, which I'm adding to the plan. ;)

Not sure if you guys are aware of it or not, but there's already an Infinity blog with the Remote Presence branding (I don't know, maybe you guys are affiliated with them in some way, but I'm pretty sure they were out of the east coast Virginia/DC area). It hasn't been updated in a year, could be defunct for all I know. Still, dibs is dibs, so you may want to drop them a line before going forward with the same title to avoid confusion in the future.

Do you guys have an RSS feed?  I don't use itunes - but my podtracker can use an RSS feed instead.

2 hours ago, chromedog said:

Do you guys have an RSS feed?  I don't use itunes - but my podtracker can use an RSS feed instead.

As we speak, I'm coding up the new site, complete with prominent RSS feed button, so...yes. Soon. Very soon. :)

Awesome.  I can manually add you at this point - but that RSS will automate it.  :D   

I don't know about Appleph, but my android found you guys in the next day or so.

A good start.  Sound issues as others have commented on.  Change of speakers was generally natural and no one really spoke over anyone else.

Seems like you guys don't heed the fanatic peat. :)

I look forwards to the next episode and how the show matures.

Episode 2 is live!

we’ll discuss some podcast related news, go over the new releases for December, and give a quick rundown of how we recommend playing each of your orders out to help the newer players out there, and take a few minutes to talk briefly about the concept of “Intent” versus “Where it lands”.  We also dive headfirst into the new N3 FAQ that was just recently released to us, and finally spend some time talking about the steps that we have been taking to grow and expand our local Infinity community. Give a listen and let us know what you think!

http://www.rempresence.com/2015/12/21/metacommunity-or-what-the-faq/

I won't get a chance to listen to this until after Christmas so I'll have to wait. 

Enjoyed Ep 1 so looking forward to Ep 2.  Thanks!

Future Topic Request:  I see a lot of posts around here referencing "your playstyle."  Comments along the lines of...  Suggestion A or B "depending on your playstyle" or Its hard to make recommendations "not knowing your playstyle."  IIRC you even mentioned people having different playstyles in Ep 1.  

SO...

What are the various available playstyles?  Can they even be defined and listed (specifically or even just vaguely)?  How does one know what their playstyle(s) is/are or go about identifying which they are better/worse at?  How does one go about identifying if a particular unit or unit-profile/loadout "fits" their style?

Again, looking forward to Ep 2 (and beyond)!

On 12/22/2015, 1:07:00, farseerixirvost said:

Future Topic Request:  I see a lot of posts around here referencing "your playstyle."  Comments along the lines of...  Suggestion A or B "depending on your playstyle" or Its hard to make recommendations "not knowing your playstyle."  IIRC you even mentioned people having different playstyles in Ep 1.  

SO...

What are the various available playstyles?  Can they even be defined and listed (specifically or even just vaguely)?  How does one know what their playstyle(s) is/are or go about identifying which they are better/worse at?  How does one go about identifying if a particular unit or unit-profile/loadout "fits" their style?

Thanks for the listen! (And BTW, episode 2 is live now)

We can definitely touch on that in our next episode. Playstyle is usually a very personal thing, and doesn't always translate well from person to person. But we can definitely talk about how one finds or develops their style.

Good episode.  Sounds is solid, only a rare hiccup.  Really liked the segment on growing your community.  Already nitpicked the rest already on teh Facebook.

Intro still too long. :)

On 12/22/2015, 1:07:00, farseerixirvost said:

SO...

2 hours ago, MittenNinja said:

Thanks for the listen! (And BTW, episode 2 is live now)

We can definitely touch on that in our next episode. Playstyle is usually a very personal thing, and doesn't always translate well from person to person. But we can definitely talk about how one finds or develops their style.

Indeed, thanks for taking the time to listen!  And yeah, this is a topic that I wanted to touch on at some point, and it happens to fit in pretty well with what we've come up with for Episode 3 so look for the discussion soon!

2 hours ago, Papa Bey said:

Good episode.  Sounds is solid, only a rare hiccup.  Really liked the segment on growing your community.  Already nitpicked the rest already on teh Facebook.

Intro still too long. :)

Thanks for taking the time!  Was that you that I was talking to on Facebook last night? ;)

At this point, I kind of like the long intro being sort of a running gag for us.  That said, I'll end up changing it at some point.  I'm like the "MS Paint of audio engineering" and won't be happy with it for very long.  What I really need to do, is either get a different table for Greg and Joel, or get some floor mic stands or something.  We record in my office, and I use a wall desk, so the only place I have for them to set up their mics is on one of those folding plastic card table deals.  Unfortunately, if you even bump the table the mics pick that up pretty easily.

On that note, we recorded a "bonus section" after we finished up EP2.  I'll be releasing it this weekend.  It's going to be, for the most part, completely unedited and we were drinking more, and it was later but it's a bonus...  Maybe... ;)

4 hours ago, Regnirok said:

On that note, we recorded a "bonus section" after we finished up EP2.  I'll be releasing it this weekend.  It's going to be, for the most part, completely unedited and we were drinking more, and it was later but it's a bonus...  Maybe... ;)

The Krug is strong in you.

Also, The Prisoner track was a little long...