Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
farseerixirvost

Ideas for Alt Djanbazan HMG Model

44 posts in this topic

Not a fan of the Djanbazan HMG model.  If you are, you can probably move along, not much to offer here.  So wondering if anyone has had the same issue and 'solved' it via an alternative model-conversion-proxy?  My initial thoughts are to use the Ghulam SWC HMG arms on either a Sekban body or SpecOp model.  But afraid that might cause some minor hiccups in regards to the model looking like a Sekban in the end (despite the HMG); I'm also not clear on how the Ghulam arms would pair w/ the model's body (size-wise) since I don't actually have the Ghulam box, so never seen them "in the flesh."

Bonus points if you show pics of your solution...   B)

I just outright use a non-Infinity model.

I actually just use a Sekban with Spitfire and have a distinct painting style for Djanbazan and Sekban to keep them apart.

What about just proxy'ing the sniper model that many people have from the starter?  That or the old Ragik with HMG, just remove the wings and paint him a little bit darker.  My only other option is to remove the weapon from the female Djan and give her something else to hold (CCW to represent any profile) - she's a much better looking model than the hunched over males.

I kitbashed a bunch of Spec-Ops at one point to make some merc looking guys to proxy for whatever (mostly zheyadans), guy on the left often gets used as a HMG Djanbazan

Mercs_zpswjhpgoom.png

3 hours ago, infyrana said:

What about just proxy'ing the sniper model that many people have from the starter? 

I'd like to try lists with both.

1 hour ago, Spleen said:

Mercs_zpswjhpgoom.png

Well done, Spleen. Well done. ;)

I hear ya, the Djanbazan model is not very pleasing. I use a Hassassin Ragik Spitfire without the wings as a Djanbazan. The newer sculpt is great.

The Kaplan models might work, as long as you can find a suitable HMG part that fits...

I didn't realize that the Djanbazan HMG model was so unpopular.  Do people also dislike the Rifle + LSG model?  Because it looks like it shouldn't be too hard to replace the rifle with an HMG with an appropriate arm-swap.

I'm curious, are people not liking the overall DJ design, or just the outdated sculpts?

For me it's the outdated sculpts. The Sniper Djan gets a pass cause of his great pose, though even he is showing his age. I often proxy the HMG Djan with my old HMG Ragik sans the wings. He's also been a stand-in for a Govad multiple times. But he never hits anything and dies all the time cause he isn't painted.

Not really a design problem though, I just don't like the pose and the old style HMG. 

3 hours ago, Rizzy said:

For me it's the outdated sculpts. The Sniper Djan gets a pass cause of his great pose, though even he is showing his age.

Not really a design problem though, I just don't like the pose and the old style HMG. 

Pretty much this.  It is the aging sculpts in general coupled with the specific pose of the HMG I'm turned off by.

And no, ToadChild, not a fan of the rifle one either.  I think that its because the HMG and Rifle stances make me feel like they are constipated and/or taking a dump.

The female hacker is OK, but she seems so tiny in comparison I almost have a hard time thinking of her as a Medium Infantry Djanbazan.

The sniper is the winner of the group.  And if Djan get a box resculpt, I hope the sniper isn't part of it - only because the new one will undoubtedly include a rage fist and/or tactical rock...  :nope:

The Djan's, apart from looking more like an older sculpt of the Sekban, have the old school hunched over pose which I've grown to dislike.  At least they aren't standing tactically posing in a tactical manner on a tactical rock, but that hunched pose always puts me off.  It would be nice to also see a new HMG model either like the newer Ghulam or Jani versions.

But sadly they do look more like older Sekban sculpts when you consider what CB has done with the new Jani and Azra'il models (no longer just about a flak vest with knee pads and a gas mask!).  The Djan female hacker is very much a 'female' sculpt in the sense of pose and not hiding the female form under a bulk of armour and hunched pose, very much like both the sniper and hacker are different models altogether.

If they, and hopefully they will, should resculpt the Djanbazans, I really hope that the Sniper pose is kept - I believe the model itself has had positive influence on attracting people to Haqq and Infinity.

(edited for minor mishap on MI/HI)

I got the same problema, i really dislike HMG Djan, thinking of proxy with the new HMG tankhunter that really looks cool.

I really like the Djan Sniper, but his model isn't quite as crisp as the newer ones. I've got the Djan Hacker as well, and really like her, though I don't find much use for her in game. The HMG model is really bad though, imo.

I still kinda like the old Djanbazans, but I understand they are getting clunky by comparison. I use Sekbans as Djanbazan proxies (except for the sniper!).

I think the hacker is the easiest to weapon-swap an hmg onto.   It might look a little off being held gently in just one hand, but the rifle already looks enormous.   Anyway, that's what I use mine for.

I am planning on using the new Naffatuns with Djan helmets for my Djans. All but sniper and hack-girl are hideous models.

Given his smaller stature compared to the new box, a HMG Jannisary stands in pretty well for an MI HMG like the Djan.

He's a Djannisary HMG ;)

I wish I could are something useful to this thread. Sadly, I've got no fix for the Djan sculpt, except that I also strongly dislike it. That's why I'm yet to field one. Like others, I like the sniper, but think he doesn't look like MI. The hacker, meanwhile, is far too petite to be convincing.

All that said, were I inclined to convert something into a new Djan HMG, I would probably start with the Ghulam HMG in the SWC box. Head-swap him with the Djan sniper and sculpt on some additional body armour.

Not a straightforward or simple solution and definitely not cheap (I already have the Ghulam SWC box and can't see myself buying another) but with a good razor saw, you should be able to preserve the Djan sniper with the Ghulam's head.

R.

I guess I'm in the minority - I happen to like the Djanbazan sculpts.  One of the first I painted for Infinity and I still love it.

I'm in the same boat, hating the HMG and Rifle sculpts, but I love the Sniper with all my heart. For me, it's not just the pose and dodgy detailing, but the dumpy proportions. Haven't implemented my theoretical solution yet, but it'll involve either the new Ghulam or Janissary HMG, the Sniper's torso and the old HMG Djan's legs.