Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ligerusjon

Close combat with a G:synched unit vs MA lvl 4

Question

Hi there, I had a question come up during a game that I'm sure will pop up more as I play with the Devil Dog Team, so I wanted to ask here if anyone knows how to treat this situation.

As I understand it, you can normally never split your ARO burst. (Does anyone have the page where this is stated?) However, if a model with Martial Arts lvl 4, +1 burst, is attacked by both a Devil Dog and his K-9 unit, can he then split the burst and declare one CC attack against each model? Seeing as the K-9 and the Devil Dog are both activated by the same order, I feel like that should work. Then again, I've been surprised by how rules have worked in the past so I'd like to know for sure :D

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hey there. Answer is: no they can not split burst even if the Devil Dog team is activated at the same time and generates only one ARO. ARO is distributed per model basis. Only way that I am aware of where a model would be able to hit more than one model in close combat and in ARO would be Martial Arts 5 (Sinobu and Miyamoto says "Hi"). That is also the only place I am aware of where you'd be able to do that at all.

Here is the relevant wiki page: http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Ghost_%28G%29#Ghost:_Synchronized

It is different in active or reactive turn.

An active model can always split his B if it's greater than 1. So a MA4 model can hit both the DD and the K9 with a single order.

A reactive model his forced to react to a single enemy model. This is a basic rule. So, in this case, he can only react to the DD OR the K9, placing both his dice against it.

Thanks for answers! That makes the team a bit better I think, which suits me just fine! :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0