ardnut

Tunguska inspired modular table

96 posts in this topic

My plan for this weekend is to get some decent pics and post them here, so you can see the actual detail on the table :)

The lighting in Salute wasn't great for photos and most phone cameras really seem to have a hard time photographing it as they completely blow out the red colour, making it way brighter and more saturated than what it really is.

Unbelievable awesomesauce! Thank you so much for sharing all of those pictures! God, I wanna play on a table that cool! <3

All kinds of awesome! Impressive job! I REally loved all the detalis,  it makes your table come alive.

:thumb-up:

Nice, except some of those food boxes... they are like platoon food box.  ;)

4SLjSQd.jpg?1

Maybe popcorn went out of fashion and they had to change to noddles? :lol:

Do you mind doing a tutorial on how you did the food and drinks?

6 hours ago, Mob of Blondes said:

Nice, except some of those food boxes... they are like platoon food box.  ;)

Maybe popcorn went out of fashion and they had to change to noddles? :lol:

lol, yea I did take a bit of artistic license and slightly over sized the smaller boxes, mainly so it was easier to see what they were, but hey this is a future filled with elite fighting machines (fat yuan yuan aside) they need their calories :)

The Goku stall has two sizes, my original intention was to make the larger ones like bargain buckets and have multiple sets of chop sticks sitting on top to show this, but with the rush leading up to Salute it didn't get done.

3 hours ago, Wookieegunner said:

Do you mind doing a tutorial on how you did the food and drinks?

Yes sure, I can do a basic explanation for each, just ask if you need more detail...

Coke, etc... cans:
Those are bits of hollow plastic tube with green stuff stuck in the end, little indent made with the end of a paint brush, then painted up.
CxPQswN.jpg

Burgers, hot dogs, pasties, etc...
Those are all made from green stuff and painted up

Noodle boxes:
I found a blank box template online and then knocked up a design in photoshop. Printed it out on photo paper, super glued the tabs together and filled the inside with hot glue. Those with noddles inside are green stuff rolled in to thin lines.  Chop sticks are made from cutting the end off cocktail sticks then splitting them down the middle.
YdtByFG.jpg
Coke cups:
I used the following template I found online...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IryfPnQgW7I/Utba-6vrKlI/AAAAAAAABFw/PSj2p0b7Dgg/s1600/Movies+-+Coke+Cup+Template.jpg

Printed it out on photo paper, cut about a 3rd off the length, then wrapped it round the end of a cocktail stick. Filled the inside of the cup with hot glue.
For the straws I took a paper clip, cut it to around 10mm in length and filed flat one of the ends. Painted it white, added a little black dot on the flat end and pushed it in to the hot glue before it set.  The hot glue I then painted with a dark brown wash.

After the last bath of pictures I must say I've changed my opinion. This is the best infinity table I've ever seen :)

Love all those little details like noodle boxes with chopsticks, cans and debris everywhere. The book store with infinity rulebooks is a nice touch as well.
You Sir have pushed the limits of a perfect table to strive for to the new levels.

Chztn1w.gif

Wow. Bonkers level of detail, awesome and beauty. You should be very proud.

Would love to play toy soldiers on this table.

It's incredible! The improvement in standard of painting and the attention to detail is bonkers, love the stuff like the spilt coke on the pavement.

Awesome sauce! 

(There's really not much else to say - well done!)

Just wow. You've done an amazing job of really bringing this table to life. Congratulations mate, I hope you play plenty of games on this :D

Incredible, not only the execution but also the vision in the first place.

Thanks for all the feedback we've had so far, I'm really looking forward to exploring many different layouts on this and a summer of gaming :)